Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Copytribe
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 6:43 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
My big question I have is:
I’m all for doing the course and I’ll work hard and probably enjoy it. But after I’ve done the course and the work what happens the day after??
How do I make my money?
How do I turn the course into a money making machine?
If I want to work freelance (thats what will suit me best)

The course really walks you through that very explicitly, from what I could tell (I only took part of the course but I felt I got a good sense of what was going on.) There is also an active member forum where people do post job opportunities if you need that.

champagne

Post Wed, Jun 01 2022, 8:18 pm
Just following this thread and as a copywriter, thought I’d add my 2 cents.

(I never took the copytribe course so this isn’t about that — Just my recommendation to newbie copywriters, since there are so many!)

Your absolute best bet at becoming a great copywriter is working at an agency.

You’ll escape the echo room of encouraging copywriters and learn how to work alongside designers, art directors, project managers, and clients.

There are a lot of good agencies who are looking for copywriters — especially because very few copywriters actually want to work in house. So it’s a great way to get a job straight off the bat if you have decent skills.

And it’s a place where other marketing professionals will push back against what you learned, helping you lose the “I just took this course” tone in your writing and letting your voice evolve.

And when you’re ready to leave, you’ll have built up contacts over time. (I don’t mean you can steal the agency’s clients — but more people in the marketing world will know about you and recommend you once you’re on your own. Agency = exposure.)

It’s also a great way to get exposed to a diverse set of clients and see what type of work you like best.

There are a LOT of copywriters out there and having worked at a reputable agency will give you an instant leg up! (Personally, if I were hiring a copywriter, I would not care where they trained. I’d care where they worked.)

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 5:04 am
hi all, following this thread closely im still on the fence here down to the last minute. still trying to see if this is what im looking for. im seeing from most of the replies that this course is amazing for those looking to start a freelancing business or step up what they already have. if I am not looking to freelance or promote myself and hunt for clients at this time- I am more looking for an in house salaried job that can use my writng skills- is this course still recommended? is there a solid income projection for those not looking to go the freelance route? im desperately looking to quickly supplement my income (my other job is very part time, copy would be full time) to cover my mortgage on a house we just signed on. like the sooner I can get out there and work the better! what attracted me to look into this course is that I can write well and have a good command on language.... so what do you say ladies??
want to hear it all...

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 8:04 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
hi all, following this thread closely im still on the fence here down to the last minute. still trying to see if this is what im looking for. im seeing from most of the replies that this course is amazing for those looking to start a freelancing business or step up what they already have. if I am not looking to freelance or promote myself and hunt for clients at this time- I am more looking for an in house salaried job that can use my writng skills- is this course still recommended? is there a solid income projection for those not looking to go the freelance route? im desperately looking to quickly supplement my income (my other job is very part time, copy would be full time) to cover my mortgage on a house we just signed on. like the sooner I can get out there and work the better! what attracted me to look into this course is that I can write well and have a good command on language.... so what do you say ladies??
want to hear it all...

I might be wrong but I get the impression that there are a lot of opportunities to work for agencies.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 8:54 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I signed up! Anyone else?
Kind of terrified at the amount of money I just signed away but hoping hard I will enjoy the course and make back the investment.
Super disappointed that there is no VIP track, I was hoping to do that and can't shake the feeling that I am missing out on that.

I signed up too!! I feel the exact same way (about the money part, not sure what the VIP one is all about)!

amother
Lightgreen

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 10:32 pm
seeker wrote:
I'm out. I appreciated the opportunity to try it out - I was able to get a good feel for it, would recommend and would consider it in the future, but by checking in to the group setup I felt that I am not ready for that kind of hustle right now. I was thinking more along the lines of building up marketable skills that I might use in the future, but I think the course is better suited for people ready to dive right in and it's hard to keep up when you're already balancing a couple of jobs and stuff.

I wonder if you were the first to take her up on her money back guarantee. I didn't see her advertising the guarantee this time.

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Jun 14 2022, 11:25 pm
amother [ Lightgreen ] wrote:
I wonder if you were the first to take her up on her money back guarantee. I didn't see her advertising the guarantee this time.

The money back guarantee is written in big letters at the bottom of the website under the prices.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 12:36 am
Okay, anyone taking the course want to give an update on how they are finding it?

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 12:42 pm
how often is the course offered?
is it only once a year?

BatZion

Post Wed, Sep 07 2022, 1:50 pm
amother Mintgreen wrote:
how often is the course offered?
is it only once a year?

yes

amother