Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Copytribe
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:53 pm
I'm embarrassed to ask in front of mods on slack but
Did you all really pay $2500?? My husband is mildly furious about it Can't Believe It
I assume mods didn't pay, ppl repeating got discounts etc, I know there was a discount via sofefet. he thinks I'm the only one who paid full price.

amother
Pearl

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 10:59 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Did you all really pay $2500?? My husband is mildly furious about it Can't Believe It
I assume mods didn't pay, ppl repeating got discounts etc, I know there was a discount via sofefet. he thinks I'm the only one who paid full price.

I definitely did!

amother
Stone

Post Sat, Jun 12 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

Im on as alumni and I paid way less but only because I paid in the past (not 2500 but still.) Alumni also don't partake in challenges and critique which is a huge portion of actually making you into a copywriter. I highly doubt you're the only one who paid that price...thats the price after all. Its a lot of money so I hope you truly have hatzlacha turning this into a business.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 4:48 am
amother tan:I paid $3,000 because I did installments... embarrassed feel free to tell ur husband I paid more than u if that helps ur shalom bayit
I still think it's I'm crazy but it's been good so far

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 10:01 am
It seems like there's only an option to be notified when enrollment opens again. Is there anywhere I can see what the course offers specifically?

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jun 13 2021, 3:36 pm
BH for the stimulus re paying.
And yom tov schedule is less intense than the rest of it.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 11:56 am
30 days are soon up... Wondering if anyone here is indeed going to back out

amother
Banana

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 12:10 pm
My daughter was paid up and decided to cancel. She already got her refund.

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 6:29 pm
I'm out. I appreciated the opportunity to try it out - I was able to get a good feel for it, would recommend and would consider it in the future, but by checking in to the group setup I felt that I am not ready for that kind of hustle right now. I was thinking more along the lines of building up marketable skills that I might use in the future, but I think the course is better suited for people ready to dive right in and it's hard to keep up when you're already balancing a couple of jobs and stuff.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 3:20 pm
So I just got an email that registration for this year's course is opening soon. Seems like the price is going up (like everything else). Trying to decide if this course would be the right fit for me.
I don't write and not sure that I'd be good at it, but I do appreciate good writing and am great at grammar. How can I evaluate if I'd be good at it?

It sounds like it's an amazing course- for those who are the right fit. I wonder though what percentage of people taking the course regretted it afterwards. It's a lot of money to put down for a skill that you never end up using.

Seeker, did you get your refund?

amother
Oak

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 3:51 pm
I also thought of doing this last year, thinking about it again.
I am not a hustler type and I'm a very straight shooter. Some of marketing feels like manipulation, which is uncomfortable for me.
I am very socially in tune, very diplomatic/charasmatic and a good writer, but I'm a too nice person don't have that risk/hustler/business is business personality.
My friends say I'd be good at this work but I don't know. I don't have the personality or drive to open my own business.
Is this a course for me?

seeker

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:32 pm
If you are pretty sure that you don't want to hustle or start your own business, then this is definitely not for you. There are other courses that can teach you copywriting techniques if you want to be an employee doing that for someone else. This course does both the copywriting craft and the business end in approximately equal parts, if I recall correctly.

To the other amother, I would say if you ARE interested in the business/hustle idea, then you may as well give the course a try. They were very straightforward about the trial/refund policy. They believe they can hook you and if they can't then you're not the right fit anyway; they have enough paying people to keep their business running just fine.

I did get the refund instantly, no questions asked, and I appreciated the opportunity to try it. I ended up signing up for a different course they offered that was on a somewhat smaller scale and better suited for where I was holding.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:42 pm
seeker wrote:
If you are pretty sure that you don't want to hustle or start your own business, then this is definitely not for you. There are other courses that can teach you copywriting techniques if you want to be an employee doing that for someone else. This course does both the copywriting craft and the business end in approximately equal parts, if I recall correctly.

To the other amother, I would say if you ARE interested in the business/hustle idea, then you may as well give the course a try. They were very straightforward about the trial/refund policy. They believe they can hook you and if they can't then you're not the right fit anyway; they have enough paying people to keep their business running just fine.

I did get the refund instantly, no questions asked, and I appreciated the opportunity to try it. I ended up signing up for a different course they offered that was on a somewhat smaller scale and better suited for where I was holding.

What's the other course? What's the difference? What's the price?

seeker

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:44 pm
They offer various things at various times.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 6:54 pm
seeker wrote:

If I understood correctly, this year's course is divided in two- one seems to be just a copywriting foundation- The Confident Copywriter- for $3000 (summer), and the other, the business aspect of copywriting as a career- The Profitable Freelancer- for an additional $1500 (after yom tov).

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:34 pm
The marketing part wasn't as much of a turnoff as I thought.
I suspect that the copy part is going to be more comprehensive with maybe more challenges. It's a LOT of money. I think it's good for people who really want to do it.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 8:44 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
If I understood correctly, this year's course is divided in two- one seems to be just a copywriting foundation- The Confident Copywriter- for $3000 (summer), and the other, the business aspect of copywriting as a career- The Profitable Freelancer- for an additional $1500 (after yom tov).
Wow--that price! Copytribe is a frum version of Copyhackers. For Copyhackers you pay $5k for a year and way more information is included. It seems like a way better deal to me, though if you only do frum programs I guess it wouldn't be an option.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 9:46 pm
How much was it in previous years?

seeker

Post Wed, May 11 2022, 10:02 pm
I see the similarities with Copyhackers but there are also some key differences, in addition to the element of being in a frum cohort. Each person should figure out which experience is right for them.

livinkollel

Post Thu, May 12 2022, 3:15 am
CopyTribe IS NOT like CopyHackers.

(First of all, CopyHackers is just trying to make money, and Michal of CT is ACTUALLY trying to help you learn copywriting. But I digress.)

CopyTribe is different becuase:

1) It comprehensively combines copy skills + business management skills—so you don’t just learn how to write good copy, you learn how to run a sustainable business.

2) It caters to frum women only, so you feel a powerful sense of comfort & camaraderie— and you build relationships and friendships you’ll cherish. CopyHackers is filled with people who use vulgar language, discuss unsavory topics, and use unsavory images.

3) It integrates ultimate accountability with CRITIQUED challenges (this is HUGE), check-ins, and deadlines—so the course content doesn’t just sit there, languishing on your hard drive for eternity. Which is exactly what most people end up doing with CopyHackers courses.

Personally, I would not have been able to understand and fully gain from CopyHackers lessons if I hadn't first taken CT (CopyTribe).

CopyTribe is foundational -- you can't be be a frum woman copywriter without it. (Maybe you could. But it would ytake you 4+ years and a lot of mistakes before you got what CT hands you in a pretty package: how to write copy, do the copywriting research, and manage clients.)

THEN you can take CopyHackers to level-up and get nitty-gritty skills in your chosen niche.
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics