Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Have you ever played two people on a thread?
1  2  3  Next

Have you ever played two people on a thread, using both your username and amother?
Yes  
 9%  [ 15 ]
No  
 90%  [ 147 ]
Total Votes : 162

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:54 am
Have you ever acted as two different posters on a thread, by using both your username and amother?

Just curious!

I've never done it, but I've been tempted at times.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:56 am
Hm...I think so! Not for any nefarious purposes but it may have happened.

mfb

When amother colors started we saw that unfortunately it was quite common.
There were a few threads where one color amother was obviously playing 2 sides since she didn’t yet realize everyone can see that it’s the same amother.

MiracleMama

Other than out of pure boredom, what exactly would be the point?

Wait, do you mean dialoging or arguing with yourself? Or just one thing you posted under SN and then later something more personal posted Amother? That I may have done.

Last edited by MiracleMama on Thu, May 06 2021, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:57 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
Hm...I think so! Not for any nefarious purposes but it may have happened.

I mean purposely, trying to act as two different posters.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:57 am
No but my brother had friends in yeshiva who would write letters to the Yated under different pseudonyms and argue with themselves in the readers write section. The bochurim all thought it was hilarious, especially when unsuspecting people would also write in to defend one side or the other.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 8:59 am
MiracleMama wrote:
Other than out of pure boredom, what exactly would be the point?

A negative reason might be that someone doesn't want a nasty comment associated with their username. Cowardly.

Another reason might be that someone wants to review a person/ product or support a point of view and pretend that multiple people are in favor of their position.

Or to stir up some drama Very Happy

amother
Peach

mfb wrote:
There were a few threads where one color amother was obviously playing 2 sides since she didn’t yet realize everyone can see that it’s the same amother.
Oof. I was on the boards very little at that point. What happened to those posters?

gamanit

I haven't "played two people" but I have posted on the same thread with my username and with amother. I used my username to share my opinion. Amother to share a personal story.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:00 am
MiracleMama wrote:
Or just one thing you posted under SN and then later something more personal posted Amother? That I may have done.

That I think is OK. Not what I'm talking about.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:02 am
mfb wrote:

That's very interesting! I guess that afforded more people the chance because you could literally be many personalities at the same time!

mfb

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:02 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Oof. I was on the boards very little at that point. What happened to those posters?

I remember one arguing to someone that pointed it out that she was absolutely not the same as the poster before. She really took a while to understand what people were trying to point out to her. And in between she kept arguing with herself.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:08 am
Tammytammy- suedanym.....

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:14 am
mfb wrote:

I had to read this a couple times. So what you're saying is no one has the ability to tell that a user corresponds to an amother, but sometimes the amother messes up and plays the other side without switching back to user.

simcha2

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:14 am
I've unintentionally posted on a thread as amother and my user name (but not to talk to myself).

Sometimes I've responded with identifying info so posted anon and then later in a long thread posted under my user name, which is my preference, if there is no reason not to.

cbsp

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:22 am
BrisketBoss wrote:
I had to read this a couple times. So what you're saying is no one has the ability to tell that a user corresponds to an amother, but sometimes the amother messes up and plays the other side without switching back to user.

Way before you joined, amother was just amother. There was no way to differentiate which amother posted what.

There was a thread started right around the time that amother colors was implemented where the same amother was just posting post after post arguing (or defending) a particular position, seemingly unaware that her (?) consistent amother color gave away the deception.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:29 am
Worst I did was like my own post

cbsp

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:31 am
cbsp wrote:
Way before you joined, amother was just amother. There was no way to differentiate which amother posted what.

There was a thread started right around the time that amother colors was implemented where the same amother was just posting post after post arguing (or defending) a particular position, seemingly unaware that her (?) consistent amother color gave away the deception.

Found it:
Friendship advice - friend stole my dress!
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....71648

(please don't comment on the thread itself, it'll just reactivate an old thread)

simcha2

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:36 am
cbsp wrote:
Found it:
Friendship advice - friend stole my dress!
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....71648

(please don't comment on the thread itself, it'll just reactivate an old thread)

And on page 2 of that thread MagentaYenta wrote

"And work at being a better troll as well."

cbsp

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 9:38 am
simcha2 wrote:
And on page 2 of that thread MagentaYenta wrote

"And work at being a better troll as well."

Yeah, WhatFor commented about that on the last page...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics