Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Dogecoin
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:19 pm
I have a few hundred dollars in - I was too scared to put anymore in. I bought around. 27 average and ended with close to 500 coins. Put another 50 in just tonight at .55

They say it will reach 1$ by mitzei shab. Either way I put in little enough that I dont care but it's fun watching it go up. My money doubled very quickly. I have close to 600 coins. I doubt it will ever reach even 10$ but it's an entertaining game for me

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:19 pm
I have a few hundred dollars in - I was too scared to put anymore in. I bought around. 27 average and ended with close to 500 coins. Put another 50 in just tonight at .55

They say it will reach 1$ by mitzei shab. Either way I put in little enough that I dont care but it's fun watching it go up. My money doubled very quickly. I have close to 600 coins. I doubt it will ever reach even 10$ but it's an entertaining game for me

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:35 pm
We invested $200 at 13 cents. It’s worth almost $1,000 now.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:45 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
I have a few

May I ask, who is the "they" who predict this. I'm trying to learn how to know about these things in the future.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 10:53 pm
Lol, not sure. Finance people? Basically Elon Musk is appearing on SNL and when he discusses dogecoin the stock tends to soar.

I'm like you though. I know nothing about stocks. A relative convinced me to invest and it was definately worthwhile. Hoping in a couple years my few hundres will become a few thousand, maybe more.

You can still buy now...

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 06 2021, 11:52 pm
My husband put in $500 a bit after pesach. It is now 40k. BH!!!!!! We so needed this money. It’s made a huge difference to our shalom bayis.

It feels rude to post this. Like I’m showing off. I’m sorry if this hurts someone.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:34 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
My husband put in $500 a bit after pesach. It is now 40k. BH!!!!!! We so needed this money. It’s made a huge difference to our shalom bayis.

It feels rude to post this. Like I’m showing off. I’m sorry if this hurts someone.

I don’t see how that possible. The lowest a coin was after Pesach was .053. $500 gets you 9433 coins. That’s only valued at about $5200 right now... (coins are now between .50 and .65 depending on the minute )

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:35 am
Can someone please explain for dummies how this works? How do I buy? Were? I'm clueless

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:45 am
Would anyone still buy at $.60?

1ofbillions

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:50 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Can someone please explain for dummies how this works? How do I buy? Were? I'm clueless

You can buy through the Robinhood app. Dodge coin is a crypto currency, similar to Bitcoin.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 12:51 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I don’t see how that possible. The lowest a coin was after Pesach was .053. $500 gets you 9433 coins. That’s only valued at about $5200 right now... (coins are now between .50 and .65 depending on the minute )

I guess he bought into it before pesach then. He bought in when it was at .0 something of a cent.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:03 am
Then it had to be before pesach.
March 4 - before pesach it was $.05
If you bought January or February it would be worth more.

March:
500/.05 = 10,000 coins
10,000 * .60 = 6,000

Jan
500/.02=25,000
25000*.60=15,000

Dec
500/.003 =167,000
167,000 * .60 = 100,000

I’m very happy for whatever you made. I guess you had to have the foresite to go in.
Do you have a cash out plan. Like when it gets to a certain point you exact or did you already cash out?

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 1:49 am
It’s more useable than bitcoin and may replace cash in many transactions. But it is also more volatile, constantly changing throughout the day. If Elon Musk supports it, it will soar. If inflation is predicted or interest rates changed, it will also rise. Follow the Secratary of finance.
If trust in the dollar wanes, trust in crypto rises and value rises.

HealthCoach

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 2:04 am
It’s a risk. Dogecoin seems like it’s an asset bubble. It could pop. The question is when. For all those that sell before, kol hakavod.

mommy2379

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 2:36 am
It's scary that Elon Musk's appearance on SNL this Saturday night, and what he says or doesn't say, has the power to make or break people's fortunes. I'm gonna stick with mutual funds for now.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 5:19 am
Following...

I want to show my dh this thread bc we're looking to invest a bit of money somewhere. Do you need to work at it at all, or does it just go up in value on it's own?

amother
Mint

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 5:21 am
Iymnok wrote:
It’s more useable than bitcoin and may replace cash in many transactions. But it is also more volatile, constantly changing throughout the day. If Elon Musk supports it, it will soar. If inflation is predicted or interest rates changed, it will also rise. Follow the Secratary of finance.
If trust in the dollar wanes, trust in crypto rises and value rises.

Can you withdraw it into cash, money in the bank whenever you want?

amother
Mint

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 5:22 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

Same. Please explain, my dh will most likely understand it all more than me.

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 8:57 am
[quote="amother [ Mint ]"]Following...

I want to show my dh this thread bc we're looking to invest a bit of money somewhere. Do you need to work at it at all, or does it just go up in value on it's own?[/quote]

This is a good question, I would also like to know.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 07 2021, 9:19 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:

I bought on robinhood app for anyone asking. In terms of it's it's worth it to buy now - who knows. I didn't put enough in to see a 50,000 reward but then again it's ok if my money drops to almost nothing. Only invest what you are ok with loosing.
I'm in it for the long term - not looking to sell right when it goes up. I want to see it in a few years
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics