Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Whatsapp status

Do you use whatsapp status?
Yes  
 33%  [ 37 ]
No  
 58%  [ 64 ]
Other (not sure what this could be maybe for some this is the answer)  
 8%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 110

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 7:57 am
Maybe Im old, but I never even knew what statuses were until my teen showed me a few months ago. And Ive had a smart phone for a few years.

Do you use/check statuses all of the time? Hardly any of my contacts even use statuses. I dont check them or use that bit of whatapp.

singleagain

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:00 am
Never pay attention. I wonder if there's some notification you can get and that's what lost y of this is about

chanchy123

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:01 am
I very rarely check statuses (a couple times a month or so) in my circles, this is something mostly teens use. My son (14) says he gets most of his news from whatsapp statuses. But I know some of my neighbors do use the feature, for advertising events, promoting political agendas, inspirational quotes, tehilim, counting omer, sometimes photos of their kids. But not many of them do so. I have like maybe 10 statuses at a time and must have hundreds if not more whatsapp contacts. Now that I think about it, some of these people don't use Facebook - so I guess this is the mode of social media they use.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:19 am
I mute them. I find it distracting whenever that little dot appears showing me there is a new status, so everytime I mute anyone who posts.
It's mainly teens and businesses who do statuses among my contacts (Israel). Nothing I need to see.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:21 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I mute them. I find it distracting whenever that little dot appears showing me there is a new status, so everytime I mute anyone who posts.
It's mainly teens and businesses who do statuses among my contacts (Israel). Nothing I need to see.
Its so funny because until a few months ago, I never even noticed that dot near statuses Smile
My daughter, being a teen, is very into that and showed me what it was Smile

rzab

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:24 am
The only time I posted on my what's app status was when my kids were running a kaytana and they asked me to post the flyer. But I never check it

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:29 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Maybe Im old, but I never even knew what statuses were until my teen showed me a few months ago. And Ive had a smart phone for a few years.

Do you use/check statuses all of the time? Hardly any of my contacts even use statuses. I dont check them or use that bit of whatapp.

Same. I only recently found out what it is within the last year but I now use it al the time for my business. It’s great advertising. I have a smartphone for 10 or 11 years.

yo'ma

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:43 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Same. I only recently found out what it is within the last year but I now use it al the time for my business. It’s great advertising. I have a smartphone for 10 or 11 years.

Me too! I only found out about it within the year and only post for work and my siblings works. I do look at other people’s status when I’m bored. I never noticed the dot for new ones until now. It’s a small blue dot, barely noticeable.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:43 am
Yes I use it I have many contacts saved in my phone that post and I mute some of them. But I use the status as advertisement and if I see something inspiring or funny then I post. Why not make someone smile?
I don't think it's a bad thing when you use it right.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:44 am
Used to use it. Got so fed up with it. Don't use it or look at it anymore, so I voted no.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 8:55 am
yo'ma wrote:
Me too! I only found out about it within the year and only post for work and my siblings works. I do look at other people’s status when I’m bored. I never noticed the dot for new ones until now. It’s a small blue dot, barely noticeable.

Cool 😉

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 9:19 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Same lol

MommyM

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 12:16 pm
I check status frequently, however, I'm not the type to post and only posted an urgent message once or twice.

Teomima

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:27 pm
Well now I feel old. I have no idea what status means. I see the little tab between 'chats' and 'calls' that says 'status', but no clue what it is. If I click on it only one or two of my contacts show up there and I don't know what they're showing me but I guess if there's only a couple of names then must of my contacts don't use status, either? I can't possibly imagine what else I'd need WhatsApp for besides chats and calls.

Goody2shoes

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:34 pm
m boss was recently looking to hire a new secretary and instead of putting it in the papers he put it on his status. he was saying how much he regrets it now. its 5 weeks later and he got 2 replies. just shows that as convenient as it is, people still prefer the old fashion ways better Very Happy

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 1:44 pm
alwayssmiling wrote:
m boss was recently looking to hire a new secretary and instead of putting it in the papers he put it on his status. he was saying how much he regrets it now. its 5 weeks later and he got 2 replies. just shows that as convenient as it is, people still prefer the old fashion ways better Very Happy

It actually doesn't show that. It just shows that your boss doesn't have any contacts saved to his phone who would be interested.

There are loads of useful accounts posting statuses about news, funny stuff, stuff that people want to sell or give away, and tons of tzedaka has been raised solely by whatsapp status campaigns. It's a great feature if you know how to use it. Most of my contacts just post cute pictures of their kids or names for tehillim.

shanie5

Post Thu, May 20 2021, 7:53 pm
I've recently started checking status. Didn't even realize the dot was there until I just checked it now!
I enjoy the funny stuff people post there. The rest I usually ignore. I rarely post anything there myself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics