Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
I don’t want to get my second dose ....
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:41 am
Got my first vaccine dose of Pfizer last Wednesday.
Still can’t sleep Cz my arm is hurting so badly.
Had terrible chills & shakes on Thursday & Friday night. But my arm is swollen at site & really hurts. Taking Advil around the clock.

I don’t want to do this to my body again with second dose!
Was talking to my sister & she said since I had Covid (Btw had a pretty bad case of Covid in December) I have more immunity of not getting it again than a vaccine can give me. Similar to the mono virus. Everything is so new & unstudied, we really don’t know much.
She also said ‘they’ (who are they?) say the huge increase in babies who are catching RSV is from the shedding of the virus from all the vaccines being given.
😳

But don’t want to derail my own OP.
& don’t feel like taking a poll here.

But curious how many of you are not going ahead with second dose of vaccine if you’ve had Covid?

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:45 am
I live in Israel
everyone who had covid gets only one dose of the shot.
if I were you I would just get the one
from what I have heard over all it is enough.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:58 am
I had Covid and also had really bad reaction to the first shot , worse than what you describe. I still had high antibody count from natural infection at the time of getting it , but my work wouldn’t accept it as proof of immunity as CDC doesn’t differentiate between individuals with positive antibody titers and everyone else . Since I am in medical field and wanted eventually to get the vaccine anyway , it wasn’t worth it for me to get into argument with them , so I got it . My reaction , though considered normal , was way over the top . However , I still wanted to get the second dose because in the US , one does does not really do anything as far as you being considered vaccinated . I worked with immunologist a week before my second dose and it was somewhat more tolerable , but still way more aggressive reaction than what most people have , even those who get side effects . If I didn’t need the fully vaxed status for my work , I would not have gotten the second shot . You have good protection with one if you had natural infection , there are studies to back this up . If you are doing it because you need proof that you are fully vexed, know that in the US one shot won’t get you anywhere , and you eventually just suffered for nothing . You can work with an immunologist to minimize side effects if you have to take it .

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 6:58 am
Jewishmom8 wrote:
I live in Israel
everyone who had covid gets only one dose of the shot.
if I were you I would just get the one
from what I have heard over all it is enough.

Really?
That’s such a relief for me!

If I need to travel, & would need proof of vaccine, you think a one dose proof is ok?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:02 am
I neither live in USA or Israel.
Live in Canada (embarrassed to say ....)

They don’t even ASK me when I got the first shot if I had Covid or not. Here things are don’t with no seichel.
& my next shot If booked end of September.

But people are able to get their second shots if they look hard enough for pop up clinics

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Had terrible chills & shakes on Thursday & Friday night. But my arm is swollen at site & really hurts. Taking Advil around the clock.

Was talking to my sister & she said since I had Covid (Btw had a pretty bad case of Covid in December) I have more immunity of not getting it again than a vaccine can give me. Similar to the mono virus. Everything is so new & unstudied, we really don’t know much.
She also said ‘they’ (who are they?) say the huge increase in babies who are catching RSV is from the shedding of the virus from all the vaccines being given.
😳

But curious how many of you are not going ahead with second dose of vaccine if you’ve had Covid?

Your sister had covid already, but you didn't?
Take the second shot. People are more vulnerable between the 1st and 2nd shot.

If you already had covid, then that's a different story.

amother
Gold

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:25 am
It’s crazy how different people’s reactions Are. It was a big nothing for me, both times. I’m sorry you’re feeling so sick now

amother
Aqua

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:25 am
Look at the policy in Israel. You should not take another dose.

Sesame

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:30 am
Yes in Israel it’s only one shot if youve had covid. My dr doesn’t allow the second one after recovery even if a person wants cos he says it’s totally unnecessary and don’t inject stuff stum for no reason.
But best to discuss with your dr as you’ll get every opinion here and ppl aren’t necessarily qualified to give medical advice and every story is different, so you can’t base it off someone else’s situation.
Just be aware that you have the option not to take it if that’s what you want. It’s good to be aware of options so you can look into it and speak to your dr.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:32 am
Sorry next time do your research BEFORE doing something instead of following blindly.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 7:40 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Your sister had covid already, but you didn't?
Take the second shot. People are more vulnerable between the 1st and 2nd shot.

If you already had covid, then that's a different story.

The other way around; I had Covid,
She didn’t. She already had both shots & lives in USA. I live in nerdy Canada 🇨🇦

amother
Blue

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She didn’t. She already had both shots & lives in USA. I live in nerdy Canada 🇨🇦

Canadians all scrambled to get the shot because of their extreme restrictions, in hope that it will open the country. What a joke, they probably won’t go back to normal ever...
But the Government is sitting a laughing and patting their pockets from all that vaccine money....

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Find out from your doctor if you had covid and took 1 dose of the shot, if you're now exempt from restrictions or if you still need more to be around freely.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:13 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Sorry next time do your research BEFORE doing something instead of following blindly.

Was this comment necessary?

imasinger

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:21 am
Definitely talk to your doctor.

I hope you feel better soon!

Sesame

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:43 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

Presumably she did. But no one can predict how their body will react. Things change. Just cos something made sense a few weeks ago and a plan was made, if things change it’s ok to reassess according to the new circumstances. In fact, not only is it ok, but advisable.
(Had she have gone in blindly and randomly changed her mind for absolutely no reason, then I would agree - better to do research before.)

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

😳

RSV is not related to the covid vaccine. RSV after the prevelance of covid has another explanation which I will come later to explain.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:49 am
You had covid, there was no reason for even the first shot. Don't take the second. Your body gave you warning signs already. You have to first be alive and healthy to travel.

Ellie7

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 8:54 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
People are more vulnerable between the 1st and 2nd shot.

This is not true.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, May 31 2021, 9:17 am
Ellie7 wrote:
This is not true.

Even if it was, does that apply to people who already had COVID, for whom some doctors are saying one shot's enough?
And to amother puce, Ellie7's right. It is possible that some people are starting to relax after having the first shot and that might make them vulnerable. Whatever they were doing till the shot they need to continue doing till after the second. (Please note: I am in no way blaming anyone who got COVID between shots. Just mentioning one real scenario.)
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics