Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
"Look before you leap" pdf file w Rabbonim warning about Va
  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:43 am
Has anyone seen the "Look before you leap" pdf file w many well known Rabbonim warning about the dangers of the Covid Vaccine?

It links to this to access the same information:

https://www.rodefshalom613.org.....cine/

Is this legitimate?

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:48 am
1. Rabbanim are not doctors or scientists and don't have any understanding about vaccines, their effectiveness or risks.

2. For every rav that says not to take the vaccine there are 2 that say to take it. So what would a list of rabbanim suggesting not to take it actually prove?

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:48 am
Legitimate as in, did these rabbonim warn against the vaccine? I believe so.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:50 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Legitimate as in, did these rabbonim warn against the vaccine? I believe so.

So why is Hatzalah and the frum medical community saying otherwise?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 7:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So why is Hatzalah and the frum medical community saying otherwise?

Because they are knowledgeable about modern day science.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:07 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

Those of us with Emunas Chachomim believe that our Rabbis know better than those with just modern day science knowledge, because they have a vast knowledge of Torah combined with knowledge modern day science

Last edited by Lovable on Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:08 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

Havent the Rabbonim consulted with top doctors before offering potentially dangerous opinions and advice?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:23 am
Lovable wrote:
Those of us with Emunas Chachomim believe that our Rabbis know better than those with modern day science knowledge
This is extremely scary to read.
How should a rabbi know more about a subject they know nothing about then people who work in that area and know it backward and forward?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Havent the Rabbonim consulted with top doctors before offering potentially dangerous opinions and advice?
How can anyone know this?
And how can anyone know thst these rabbis actually said whatever they did, in your link?

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:28 am
Threads like this make me want to go OTD. Seriously, what a way to abuse power!

The way they list the Rabbanim: Lakewood Rabbis, Grandson of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef... I don't believe a word of the whole thing if this is how they quote. All I see is there are people willing to abuse their power in the name of torah. Punch

The wording is seriously extreme. No normal person makes statements like 'the vaccine is suicide' 'it causes infertility.' Balanced, normal people use wording more like 'there are risks of..'

smss

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:29 am
Lovable wrote:
Those of us with Emunas Chachomim believe that our Rabbis know better than those with modern day science knowledge

They know more about halacha.
Emunas Chachamim does not mean believing your Rav is a medical expert when he isn't.

I would be hesitant to post something like that publicly if I hadn't just heard Rabbi Akiva Tatz speak about this. He said you do not go to your Rav for medical advice, you go to your doctor.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:33 am
Lovable wrote:

Sick

You are seriously putting me off yidishkite. I am generally very strong in my yiddishkite, and have much emunas chachomim for the Rabbis that we follow. But, coming on here saying that some random rabbis quotes by who knows who, with some crazy agenda is something I should take like words of torah. No thanks.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:36 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
This is extremely scary to read.
How should a rabbi know more about a subject they know nothing about then people who work in that area and know it backward and forward?

These rabbis clearly have a short memory and forgot how many we lost last year. They shoikd be ashamed of themselves for dispensing such dangerous and foolhearty advice

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:37 am
Oops. Look like I posted on the wrong forum
Sorry guys
I should start a spinoff in the chassidish forum
In my world we dont do anything drastic before consulting a Rav/Rebbi. And we trust them with everything

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
These rabbis clearly have a short memory and forgot how many we lost last year. They shoikd be ashamed of themselves for dispensing such dangerous and foolhearty advice

Please watch the way you speak of Rabbonim
No matter what your opinion, they are greater than all of us Ima's and deserve great respect

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:41 am
Lovable wrote:

Anyone else find this sentiment scary?

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:44 am
fleetwood wrote:
Anyone else find this sentiment scary?

I think my post wasn't clear. I edited it

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:44 am
Lovable wrote:
Please watch the way you speak of Rabbonim
No matter what your opinion, they are greater than all of us Ima's and deserve great respect

Is a Rav who dispenses medical advice worthy of respect? Or perhaps the Rav who speaks to doctors or sends us to doctors worthy? It's frightening to me that rabbonim are dispensing medical advice and downright dangerous.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:50 am
Lovable wrote:
I think my post wasn't clear. I edited it
Your edited post is no less scary than your original post.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:52 am
fleetwood wrote:
Is a Rav who dispenses medical advice worthy of respect? Or perhaps the Rav who speaks to doctors or sends us to doctors worthy? It's frightening to me that rabbonim are dispensing medical advice and downright dangerous.

Yes! Many many rabbis work closely with medical advisors, and combined with their torah knowledge, their advice is priceless.
Page 1 of 6   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics