Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
"Look before you leap" pdf file w Rabbonim warning about Va
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:23 pm
Lovable wrote:
Why are you being so silly? Would you trust your cleaning lady to give you the vaccine & jab your arm? Duh no
Do I need to write it out - I ask my Rabbi for advice & use a doctor to follow through
Lets try to stay within our age brackets when having an adult conversation

That's kind of backwards. Most people get advice from a doctor as to what are the best options for them and then go discuss with a rav if there are any halachic issues that arise. For example, when our doctor told us that all other fertility treatments had failed and we needed to proceed to IVF, we asked our rav what halachic issues we should be aware of and how to go about it. The only time a rav needs to be intimately involved with medical decisions is when it comes to end of life issues since those are particularly thorny in terms of halacha.

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:25 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
That's kind of backwards. Most people get advice from a doctor as to what are the best options for them and then go discuss with a rav if there are any halachic issues that arise. For example, when our doctor told us that all other fertility treatments had failed and we needed to proceed to IVF, we asked our rav what halachic issues we should be aware of and how to go about it. The only time a rav needs to be intimately involved with medical decisions is when it comes to end of life issues since those are particularly thorny in terms of halacha.

Ok so Im sorry, I would go to a Doctor, listen to his advice, Then consult my rabbi and do as he said through my Doctor
I thought that was clear enough

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:31 pm
Lovable wrote:
No need to defend her. She is capable of doing so on her own if she chooses. And no, asking if my rabbi would be the one to actually administer medical care is not in the realm of adult conversation
Im not defending anyone. Im answering as myself and hoping that what I wrote was also what that poster was trying to get across, thats all.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:39 pm
Lovable wrote:
Ok so Im sorry, I would go to a Doctor, listen to his advice, Then consult my rabbi and do as he said through my Doctor

Not all shul rabbis can give accurate medical advise on what is advisable and assur and muttar.

There's a few rabbis who have specific expirience and knowledge and specialize in medical shailos - all of those rabbanim have come out and said to take the vaccine

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:44 pm
Many many kol Koras have fake signatures.
Sad, but true. You ask the Rav personally and they will tell you they never signed

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:49 pm
[quote="Lovable"]Those of us with Emunas Chachomim believe that our Rabbis know better than those with just modern day science knowledge, because they have a vast knowledge of Torah combined with knowledge modern day science[/quote]

Why in the world do you think this is the case?

Lovable

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 4:53 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Not all shul rabbis can give accurate medical advise on what is advisable and assur and muttar.

There's a few rabbis who have specific expirience and knowledge and specialize in medical shailos - all of those rabbanim have come out and said to take the vaccine

Hmm.... I hear you. But I dare to disagree, since if that would have been the case, many more people would be vaccinating - at least in my circles....
I guess you dont have the full list of rabbonim around the world who are knowledgeable in the medical field

RedCurls

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:05 pm
No it’s not valid.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:12 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
So I clicked on the link because how you wrote it doesn’t make sense. The list is actually a table of contents, so not each person is specifically named. If you scroll down, you see there is a poster from the Lakewood rabbis. I’m sure when it gets to “the grandson of R’ Ovadia Yosef, his name will be clear, as well as anyone whose name isn’t on the list clearly.

You got me. I read the table of contents, and then started reading but couldn't get past the first few insane statements about suicide and infertility so I didn't read further than that. Hence the 2nd half of my post.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:28 pm
There were a number of frum doctors who released regular podcasts, articles, warnings and community edicts at the beginning of the pandemic such as Dr Glatt, Dr Deichik (sp?) the Gedalia Society under Dr Rosen in Crown Heights and probably others. We all commented on them last year. So where are they now? Rabbonim issued statements based on what these community practitioners were saying as well as a nurse named Blimi, I think.
In general, Rabbonim were relying on the experts that were trying to balance the community's needs with what needed to be done to preserve health and save lives. Has this changed or do these doctors also feel like vaccines cause more problems than they solve?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:31 pm
Rabbi Dr. Glatt still presents on Motzi Shabboses.

ETA his appropriate title. My apologies.

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 5:32 pm
Lovable wrote:

So in this case, I would assume you're approaching the Rav to find out if there are any halachic implications on the doctors advice, and he'd advise you accordingly based on halachas involved. Approaching the Rav for his opinions in the matter, of which he has no expertise in, is no different than asking your father or mother for advice.

If the Rav has medical expertise or medical resources as his disposal, that's another case.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Dr. Glatt still presents on Motzi Shabboses.

Rabbi Dr. Glatt - an Orthodox Rabbi and infectious disease doctor - podcast from this past Motzei Shabbos, dedicated to discussing the safety of the vaccine from a medical, scientific perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sICmCc-0WcQ

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:40 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Many many kol Koras have fake signatures.
Sad, but true. You ask the Rav personally and they will tell you they never signed

Thats exactly why I posted this.

Does anyone know any of these Rabbonim well enough to ask if they wrote what was quoted?

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Does anyone know any of these Rabbonim well enough to ask if they wrote what was quoted?

If you don't know any of these rabbanim enough to ask if they wrote what was quoted yourself, let it go. Move on.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:49 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Because they are knowledgeable about modern day science.

Rav Chaim Kanievsky and the Gerrer Rebbe in Israel both said to vaccinate, and with Pfizer only according to the Gerrer Rebbe... that was even before J&J was shown to be dangerous

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I wrote above.
I asked one and it’s not what he said.

And there are two rabbanim who their quotes are not anti so I’m not sure why they were included except that their names are impressive.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 8:51 pm
southernbubby wrote:
There were a number of frum doctors who released regular podcasts, articles, warnings and community edicts at the beginning of the pandemic such as Dr Glatt, Dr Deichik (sp?) the Gedalia Society under Dr Rosen in Crown Heights and probably others. We all commented on them last year. So where are they now? Rabbonim issued statements based on what these community practitioners were saying as well as a nurse named Blimi, I think.
In general, Rabbonim were relying on the experts that were trying to balance the community's needs with what needed to be done to preserve health and save lives. Has this changed or do these doctors also feel like vaccines cause more problems than they solve?

Nope. Dr. Ditchek..is very pro vaccine..in fact he told me not to hesitate to vaccinate my kids. He follows the science just like he has been doing all along

simba

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:05 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
If you don't know any of these rabbanim enough to ask if they wrote what was quoted yourself, let it go. Move on.

Exactly this.

Lovable. Drop it. Your message is not resonating here.

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 02 2021, 9:35 pm
This is an old article. Looks like it is from 2020. I’ve heard that many of these rabonim weren’t sure abt it in the beginning but after a while they were deff recommending it.
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics