Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
It’s been a month without a washing machine! Update ! Vent!
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:16 pm
That is just crazy -they literally pushed you so hard with the intention of trying to wiggle out of the warranty.

jflower

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:29 pm
OP, can you take Whirlpool (or the appliance store) to small claims court?

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
That is just crazy -they literally pushed you so hard with the intention of trying to wiggle out of the warranty.

Unfortunately very common.
I have an LG, after close to 7 years and a move the pump broke. The part was around $35 ordered from Amazon. Dh fixed 8t with the help of a YouTube how-to video. Took 2 hours.

The repairman wanted $350.
Dh figured if he can't fix it, it's not worth to fix it for $350 (past warrantee). We'll just get a new one.

My sister had an extended warrantee she purchased when the original manufacturers warrantee ran off. When her machines were around 9 years old the washer broke down they got it fixed within 10 days, after the 3rd time, she got a check for the full amount she paid for the machine. It was enough to but a new washer AND dryer. Iirc, the warrantee was under $200. It was a 3rd party. Was so worth it!

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:33 pm
A lot of service companies claim stuff are back ordered when they are stam lazy. They pump was also "backordered" with LG, but Amazon had it.
Let them pay a drop more and fix it!
Or maybe you can offer to buy the part.

Op, I'd probably do the same btw, just buy a new one. There is a limit how long a balabusta can be without a washing machine before going bonkers

doodlesmom

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:37 pm
I actually had an extended warranty on the whirlpool one, and am still keeping it for them to fix whenever the part gets back in stock or whatever.
I figured between 2 machines one should always work hopefully.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:58 pm
I have the lg top loader and it’s great!
Enjoy!
Btw- I always say that I don’t understand why people don’t commonly have 2 machines. I’m not talking about a family of 2-3 people. 5+ people could definitely use another machine on a regular basis.

kenz

Post Mon, Nov 01 2021, 8:59 pm
If you had an extended warranty on the Whirlpool then you shouldn't have been calling Whirpool directly, you should have been calling the warranty company (I have Whirlpool and it's Mack Warranty in my case). If you tell Mack Warranty that you are unhappy with the service provided by Superior Appliance and you request a different repair company, they will send you someone else. I had a repair man come several times for my Whirlpool washing machine and he kept telling me I was using too much detergent. I was not. I was measuring with a tablespoon as per his instructions and yet it kept breaking. I finally got fed up and called Mack and told them Superior wasn't working for me, I would like someone else, and they had no issue with it. They send a different company and he replaced the panel and bli ayin hara it's been fine ever since.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 12:56 am
I had spoken to new leaf as well, who sent me to whirlpool.
The new extended warranty is brought Allstate, let’s hop I don’t use it but if yes that it’s better.

momsrus

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 9:11 am
lkwdlady wrote:
I have the lg top loader and it’s great!
Enjoy!
Btw- I always say that I don’t understand why people don’t commonly have 2 machines. I’m not talking about a family of 2-3 people. 5+ people could definitely use another machine on a regular basis.

'I would love to have 2 machines but dont have the space for it

momsrus

Post Tue, Nov 02 2021, 9:16 am
Tzutzie wrote:
Unfortunately very common.
I have an LG, after close to 7 years and a move the pump broke. The part was around $35 ordered from Amazon. Dh fixed 8t with the help of a YouTube how-to video. Took 2 hours.

The repairman wanted $350.
Dh figured if he can't fix it, it's not worth to fix it for $350 (past warrantee). We'll just get a new one.

My sister had an extended warrantee she purchased when the original manufacturers warrantee ran off. When her machines were around 9 years old the washer broke down they got it fixed within 10 days, after the 3rd time, she got a check for the full amount she paid for the machine. It was enough to but a new washer AND dryer. Iirc, the warrantee was under $200. It was a 3rd party. Was so worth it!

IME, and I unfortunately have alot of experience. Warrantees on a major household appliance is worthless unless you have a spare machine. When my machine machine or dryer breaks down , I don have time to wait for the warrantee technician to come down and usually misdiagnose the problem. I pay for a private repairman that comes right away.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics