Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Camp agudah first timer help
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 10:50 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
1 suitcase and 1 duffel
or 2 duffels (one holds blanket/pillows/larger items)

That's besides for the plastic drawers and snacks box?
So it's typical to take 1 suitcase, 1 duffel bag, 1 plastic drawers, 1 snack box? = 4 pieces of luggage as far as truck is concerned?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That's besides for the plastic drawers and snacks box?
So it's typical to take 1 suitcase, 1 duffel bag, 1 plastic drawers, 1 snack box? = 4 pieces of luggage as far as truck is concerned?

We take 1 duffel and 1 suitcase and leave the drawers empty in case there's no room on the bus, because they charge extra for more than 2 items.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:38 am
We take 1 duffel and 1 suitcase and leave the drawers empty in case there's no room on the bus, because they charge extra for more than 2 items.

What about snacks box?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What about snacks box?

I send big drawers one meant for snack box. I can't expect my child to schlep so much.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:47 am
I send big drawers one meant for snack box. I can't expect my child to schlep so much.

Thats what I'm trying to understand lol, so you pack snacks into the suitcase and he puts it into one of the drawers? By big drawers you mean the wider ones?

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:50 am
I put the snacks box into the big duffel, with the linen/blankets/towels (and some shoes if there is room). The other duffel fits all the clothing. The snacks box is a large plastic container, but it fits in the duffel.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:54 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I put the snacks box into the big duffel, with the linen/blankets/towels (and some shoes if there is room). The other duffel fits all the clothing. The snacks box is a large plastic container, but it fits in the duffel.

Sounds good, it's just a really big storage container, right? Where do they keep it in camp?

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats what I'm trying to understand lol, so you pack snacks into the suitcase and he puts it into one of the drawers? By big drawers you mean the wider ones?

Yes wide and tall

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 12:00 pm
Yes wide and tall

And there's enough space for it in camp?

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 1:51 pm
I lay the 3 drawers into one of the duffel bags. The bin with snacks he took and put under the bus. I had 2 of the 36 inch duffels from closeout connection.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:14 pm
You all have been so helpful!! Tysm!!!
A few more last minute questions:
How do I give the canteen money? I send a check with my son?
How does it work with shabbos clothes, laundry wise?
They said something about switching PCP for insurance, but I didn't understand what the process is...
TIA!!

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:00 pm
For canteen he can just give in money or you can send a check. They tried zelle but for some reason it wasn't working. Laundry is done once a week

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:02 pm
Forgot to answer your other questions. I think there's an option for dry cleaners. I didn't do anything with PCP . Just gave my insurance info. I have private insurance so not sure what you have and if there is a difference.

imamom7

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:11 pm
Can someone send a picture of the snack container they send for camp?

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:55 pm
My son is in camp now but I would say its the typical bin size that you would buy to store clothing. Like rectangular and deep.

Queen18

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:10 am
How do the kids call home? Coins? Is it free?

amother
Daylily

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 7:56 am
Queen18 wrote:
How do the kids call home? Coins? Is it free?

The pay phones are free and the counselors have kosher phones that the boys can use to call

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
Forgot to answer your other questions. I think there's an option for dry cleaners. I didn't do anything with PCP . Just gave my insurance info. I have private insurance so not sure what you have and if there is a difference.

Thanks! I'm so confused about this PCP situation, anyone know if I need to switch? Or optional?

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I'm so confused about this PCP situation, anyone know if I need to switch? Or optional?

Call the camp office. My boys have been in camp for a couple of years, my insurance doesnt have this requirement.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 19 2021, 5:46 pm
Thanks
Do they need to bring any sforim?
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps