Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Kishke

yo'ma

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 6:02 pm
Does anyone know how to make fleishig kishke? I love it and they don't sell it where I live. I know how to make pareve, but want with real kishke. My grandmother used to make it, but sadly she was too sick and then niftar before I had the chance to ask her. Thank you!

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 3:47 pm
uhmmm yo-ma I think u need the cow's intestines(sausage) for it,use the same ingredients as making parve leave out the flour,carrots.
I had a recipe,and remember reading it,but never got around to making it.I think the secret is the paprika.I'm curious how to make it also,I dont think I would try,it seems pretty expensive

Tamiri

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 3:54 pm
I seem to remember that you can also stuff chicken necks (the skin) instead of intestines shock

Akeres Habayis

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 4:00 pm
LOL I love to see the shock
I think that is what made me change my mind about making it.
I like cow tongue but if I have to make it I think I wouldnt want to eat it

MahPitom

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 5:25 pm
I think in Europe you can still get those. In most places it’s not allowed anymore. You get it from the butcher nice and cleaned out, and stuff it with a kishka mixture, and freeze, then drop into the cholent. I never heard of using the neck skin, but I know my mother gets a WHOLE skin of a chicken, looks like a whole chicken. She stuffs it with meatloaf mixture and bakes it in the oven, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

(you have to sew up the ends with thread)

yo'ma

Post Thu, Apr 03 2008, 5:55 pm
the kishke or any part of the cow that is kosher is no problem. my dh works for his father, who shechts and exports meat. here, they allow parts of the cow that they don't allow in the states.
as for tongue, I usually don't like the texture, but I made it with tomato sauce for purim and all my kids liked it, and that was, WOW!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus