Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Do you buy ahead for the next season?

Do you shop ahead for the next season?
Yes, I can't resist a bargain  
 60%  [ 20 ]
No, I don't like "guessing" what my childs size will be next season  
 39%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 33

sunshine!

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 8:27 pm
Are you one of those mothers that estimate their child/rens sizes and shop for the next season from the deeply discounted merchandise available at the end of each season?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 8:30 pm
some times I got good barsgains. and some times it bit me in a soft place.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 8:31 pm
no, but I should. I'm a lousy shopper.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 8:34 pm
if I find a good deal I buy it, I like to start the season with new stuff

Love My Babes

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 8:35 pm
I already bought my daughter almost all her summer stuff. just bought the next size. now I just hope it will all be good. sometimes when I do that theres always something that doesnt get worn.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 8:39 pm
I don't like to do it, because things don't get worn and because I hate storing it all.

zigi

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 8:50 pm
storing everything is starting to be a problem but, having really good brands for dirt cheap is great. now I know how the sizes run its easier to guess what will fit when. my ds runs true to size. so I see that dd runs smaller and ds bigger I can guess when it will fit. also dresses should be a size bigger for toddler with a tummy because it can get very short. and pants can be a size smaller. and shirts a size bigger because it start to get too short in the sleeves.

mugsisme

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 9:56 pm
Yes, but I don't do it until they hit 2T or 3T. I have girls that I can hand down to as well. I sort by size and gender, but not by season (anymore). It got to be too much.

overworkedraizy

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 10:29 pm
if I see some good cute stuff I'll get it worse case give it for a gift??
while they think I bought it reg. price just filled it up with tissue paper and put it in a nice bag and there goes goes the mazel tov note or a thank you note ....

yentaof8

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 11:37 pm
As I've posted in other threads, I usually buy a season ahead on sale. WHile I hate the storing, I just love variety and would rather have more stuff for my kids to wear than I would be able to afford at full price. For the most part I am successful, but a few outfits do fall between the cracks but at little or no financial loss.

montrealmommy

Post Mon, Mar 24 2008, 11:42 pm
I almost always buy ahead - already bought winter boots, hats, $ gloves for next year! I try to estimate and when something doesn't get worn I give it away or store it for another time IY"H. I find tznius clothes to be so expensive (heck, clothes in general are so expensive) I can't pass up a good deal to get great clothes at great prices! I guess it doesn't hurt that I am a shopaholic!

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 2:45 am
It's not that I love a good bargain, it's more like I can't afford not to! Both my boys seem to be true to size, so it has not been a problem so far (although the weather changed so early here that I have a PILE of 3-6 month winter stuff he never got to wear). Oh well, so the next one or the next cousin who uses it will have some new stuff in with the hand-me downs. Most of what I have is gifts, and B"H we also have the storage space. (I store by size, not by season.)

mimivan

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 3:01 am
sunshine! wrote:
Are you one of those mothers that estimate their child/rens sizes and shop for the next season from the deeply discounted merchandise available at the end of each season?

That's a splendid idea. The only reason why I don't is my mother buys us alot of clothes b'h and I don't always know what she is going to get.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 9:29 am
I only shop off season!
At my kids' ages it's pretty easy to guess. For my younger one, I sift through his brother's small clothes ahead of time to know what is missing. The little one is 2 months older during each season than his older brother was, but he's a bit smaller, so all the clothes fit perfectly.
The only new things I buy for him are socks, shoes, undershirts (they get stained and grey over time). Also anything absolutely adorable that I find LOL , anything I remember missing or needing with the older one, and if I find 2 matching outfits, I get those also.

I can only afford to do that because I pay about $5 per item. I'm very big on sales and coupons, so I can get a large variety of outfits for them, for the price of one or 2!
DH was kinda perturbed to see me coming home with so many clothes all the time, until I showed him: I filled up the online shopping cart on the Children's Place website with the stuff I wanted to buy that season, and it came to $200. After all the sales and all, it went down to about $60. That's shirts and pants and shorts and summer hats and socks, etc... for 2 boys for the next two seasons.

Only one thing is a thorn in my side at this point: the Children's Place has a discount if you buy 2 of something (Each item can be $10 but if you buy 2, it will be $7 each.) But they don't mix sizes 4T and under with sizes 4 and up!
So if I buy 2 polo shirts, sizes 3 T and 5, I don't get a discount! Lat year I got 2T and 4T and was able to get a discount.

chaylizi

Post Tue, Mar 25 2008, 9:38 am
I don't. I have two girls who were born in the same season (I is end of feb other is beg of march) & I just use my hand me downs & supplement what I need. I don't know what I need until I take the clothes out and do inventory. Plus DD 1 has nostalgic clothes that I love.

charna

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 9:55 pm
no I cant because my daughter short and buying her for the next year can get complicated bc might not fit her the next season.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:02 pm
it hardly ever worked out for me ...
also kids were dif sizes - one kid so petite she could wear stuff forever ... and the other big so she outgrew in a minute ...

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:06 pm
I bought my kids' clothes for the next year. just need a snowsuit for next winter for my son.

I also buy shoes in advance. children's place shoes go on sale for $5-7 a pair. it's great to have the next size ready when they outgrow their current pair. I have the next two sizes waiting for my son.

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:12 pm
most definitely. I have next years winter wardrobe ready....missed the summer one cuz I was really busy when everything went on sale Sad

also, although my boys were born in different seasons, somehow the younger one is managing to fit into the right season clothes so far so I havent really bought anything major for him except a few fill ins. and once my older one hit 3T, I have summer and winter in the same size, so I'll be good for the younger one as well.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:16 pm
I can't buy ahead of time for our tiny little girl. I have a brand new beautiful winter Shabbos outfit that my sister bought on sale for dd 2 years ago, and it was supposed to fit her 6 months after it was purchased. Well, it's a year and half since it was "supposed" to fit her, and she might be able to fill it out by the end if this season. (Or more likely, during the summer.) It still has the tags on it.

Btw, how do I add my vote?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics