Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
End of year appreciation gifts

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 1:29 am
What can I get for teachers , staff, principals who have helped my child this year.... it’s been a lot of involvement.
I just need something small not expensive to show my appreciation. I can’t shop around as I just had a baby. A note I will write but it’s funny if it doesn’t come with anything. Any ideas? For men principals? For teachers ?

amother
Honey

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 2:50 am
A small box of nice chocolates.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:06 am
Chocolates are good idea

amother
Peachpuff

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:19 am
I'm a teacher, and I often get small gifts at the end of the year. Really, though, the main thing is the note, and I really don't care if there's a gift with it or what the gift is. It means so much to me when a parent, or even the student, writes about their experience in my class. I've saved every note I've been given and they fill a sterilite box. Whenever I think about quitting my husband tells me to go read my end of year notes!
If you're really concerned about sending it without a gift, chocolates are fine, or a small baked good. No need to spend serious money.

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 8:40 am
I buy an inexpensive dining room clock or mirror for the hall.
Anyone can use that.
With a personalized note of appreciation of course. That's the main thing.
I realized that most people don't appreciate home baked goods.

amother
SandyBrown

Post Mon, Jun 14 2021, 9:13 am
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
I buy an inexpensive dining room clock or mirror for the hall.
Anyone can use that.

Its strange how people think that because they like something, anyone can use it. I have a very expensive antique dining room clock, inherited from my great grandmother. I don't want to put a modern inexpensive piece next to it.

One year clocks were the fashionable gift, and I know one therapist who ended up with about eight clocks - because 'everyone needs a clock!'

I suppose I could use a mirror, because my mother always complains that there are no mirrors in my house, but I like it that way. We have a mirror in the bathroom, and do t need one in the hall as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics