Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Shabbas Nachamu - Majestic Events
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

mom212

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 11:56 am
I was there with my family Shabbos Nachmi and we all had a great time. The hosts were very friendly and went out of their way to make everyone happy. When we arrived there was a violinist playing at the buffet. There was an incredible variety of delicious foods that was constantly being refilled. There was a photo booth set up in one of the playrooms and we got a great family photo as a momento. The kids were busy with the bouncy house, ballon twisting and magic show while I got to unpack and enjoy watching them have fun in the fully enclosed beautiful outdoor grounds. There were two playrooms separated by sliding doors so the younger kids had a safer place to play away from the board games with smaller pieces. They had many exciting toys such as ball pits bean bag toss doll house etc and my kids played there for many hours giving me a much needed rest. They even had free babysitting on Shabbos so I was able to relax and attend the women’s lecture. The men had lectures during Shabbos and there was story time for the kids too. My husband said all the men were talking about how amazing the chazzan was all Shabbos and the havdala outside was simply gorgeous. There were groups of men singing at every Shabbos meal. There was an amazing musical performance by Leiby Weider and a very talented young boy (sorry I forgot his name). There were separate hours for swimming for men and women both days but my girls only went once because they wanted to watch the girls film and were thrilled to meet one of the actresses too. The food was fresh and delicious so (even my picky 7 year old had lots to choose from). There were carving stations, jerky platers, waiter preparing custom dishes, tons of types of salads and dips. The Shabbos breakfast included cheese cakes, danishes, rugalach, all types of cereal, yogurt and stuff to make sandwiches with (peanut butter cream cheese etc). The outdoor kiddish was truly amazing and there was plenty of ice and drinks at all of the meals. My kids loved the Shabbos party and even got to taste new treats. The melava malka had hot soups, eggplant parmigiana, pizza, fries, falafel, salads, ice cream, waiters making custom lokshon dishes, milkshakes and fruit smoothies. The waiters were all very nice an patient with the kids (and adults). The Shabbos meals included wine and the bota had Smearnof and beer (for the adults of course) not to mention ice cream ices fruits chocolate nuts snacks and candies. Sunday morning my kids were busy making beautiful wall hangings and getting their faces and arms painted so that I had time to pack up and enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet. The 24 hour tea room was constantly being refilled and we took snacks and drinks for the way home. If you’re interested, my friend told me that there are pictures and videos on Majestic Events instagram and whatsapp status. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and plan on going back in 2 weeks (next week we have a simcha in the family). I hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 12:01 pm
Wowow! Definitely sounds amazing!!! A dream!

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 12:27 pm
mom212 wrote:
I was there with my family Shabbos Nachmi and we all had a great time. The hosts were very friendly and went out of their way to make everyone happy. When we arrived there was a violinist playing at the buffet. There was an incredible variety of delicious foods that was constantly being refilled. There was a photo booth set up in one of the playrooms and we got a great family photo as a momento. The kids were busy with the bouncy house, ballon twisting and magic show while I got to unpack and enjoy watching them have fun in the fully enclosed beautiful outdoor grounds. There were two playrooms separated by sliding doors so the younger kids had a safer place to play away from the board games with smaller pieces. They had many exciting toys such as ball pits bean bag toss doll house etc and my kids played there for many hours giving me a much needed rest. They even had free babysitting on Shabbos so I was able to relax and attend the women’s lecture. The men had lectures during Shabbos and there was story time for the kids too. My husband said all the men were talking about how amazing the chazzan was all Shabbos and the havdala outside was simply gorgeous. There were groups of men singing at every Shabbos meal. There was an amazing musical performance by Leiby Weider and a very talented young boy (sorry I forgot his name). There were separate hours for swimming for men and women both days but my girls only went once because they wanted to watch the girls film and were thrilled to meet one of the actresses too. The food was fresh and delicious so (even my picky 7 year old had lots to choose from). There were carving stations, jerky platers, waiter preparing custom dishes, tons of types of salads and dips. The Shabbos breakfast included cheese cakes, danishes, rugalach, all types of cereal, yogurt and stuff to make sandwiches with (peanut butter cream cheese etc). The outdoor kiddish was truly amazing and there was plenty of ice and drinks at all of the meals. My kids loved the Shabbos party and even got to taste new treats. The melava malka had hot soups, eggplant parmigiana, pizza, fries, falafel, salads, ice cream, waiters making custom lokshon dishes, milkshakes and fruit smoothies. The waiters were all very nice an patient with the kids (and adults). The Shabbos meals included wine and the bota had Smearnof and beer (for the adults of course) not to mention ice cream ices fruits chocolate nuts snacks and candies. Sunday morning my kids were busy making beautiful wall hangings and getting their faces and arms painted so that I had time to pack up and enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet. The 24 hour tea room was constantly being refilled and we took snacks and drinks for the way home. If you’re interested, my friend told me that there are pictures and videos on Majestic Events instagram and whatsapp status. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and plan on going back in 2 weeks (next week we have a simcha in the family). I hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Is this for real? Sounds like you copied and pasted from a book

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 12:28 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Is this for real? Sounds like you copied and pasted from a book

Why wouldn't she be for real? This is what the shabbos hotel programs are all about.

mom212

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 12:38 pm
100% real! I’m not a professional writer nor did I copy anything from anywhere. We really all had such an amazing experience that I decided to share - but thanks for the compliment.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:04 pm
mom212 wrote:
100% real! I’m not a professional writer nor did I copy anything from anywhere. We really all had such an amazing experience that I decided to share - but thanks for the compliment.

Wow, I was thinking of also going. Youve definitely got me convinced! Sorry for doubting you

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:05 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Wow, I was thinking of also going. Youve definitely got me convinced! Sorry for doubting you

This is at the Radisson in Piscataway?

amother
Bellflower

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:12 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
Why wouldn't she be for real? This is what the shabbos hotel programs are all about.

Because this was her 1st post ever on imamother and she's new here. Not saying that she's a promoter, but I understand the doubts.

Cmon be nice

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:19 pm
Also because it was kinda flowery like 'When we arrived there was a violinist playing at the buffet'

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 1:45 pm
Cmon be nice wrote:
Also because it was kinda flowery like 'When we arrived there was a violinist playing at the buffet'

Aha. I guess I don't think this way and don't suspect everyone. I've been to other hotel programs and it's just about how OP is describing it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 3:11 pm
I booked for this shabbos but very nervous that it will all be chassidish . Nothing against chassidim just don't want to feel like the odd one out.

mom212

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 3:55 pm
I have been reading threads on imamother for many years but I’m not the type of person that writes reviews (especially if I have to fill out a questionnaire asking personal information first) But this weekend was so amazing that out of hakoras hatov I decided I had to write about it.

mom212

Post Mon, Jul 26 2021, 5:30 pm
As for those asking about the crowd that attended it was quite mixed. I hate labeling people but I think that the majority were mainstream chasidisha families, some were modern chassidish and a few were ultra chassidish. There were definitely many Litvisha families too. There was an early minyan Shabbos morning for anyone who wanted it. I didn’t notice anyone that wasn’t dress tzniusdig. Overall whoever I saw looked like they were having a great time. That’s my impression of the crowd on Shabbos Nachmi, but it’s possible that it will be a different mix when you go.

amother
Fern

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 6:06 pm
How are they priced?
I'm considering it
Thanks

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:52 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
I booked for this shabbos but very nervous that it will all be chassidish . Nothing against chassidim just don't want to feel like the odd one out.

im actually debating if I should book since they told me its mixture of both & im chasidsh and want to bring my bochurim

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:54 pm
they are asking 1250 a room that includes food program from friday to sunday so its either a couple or upto 3 kids in room for that price

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 8:59 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
im actually debating if I should book since they told me its mixture of both & im chasidsh and want to bring my bochurim

And your bachurim can only be around chassidish people???? What can be the issue?

amother
Birch

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:49 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
And your bachurim can only be around chassidish people???? What can be the issue?

This. Wondering the same. Chassidish here too.

Genius

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 10:52 pm
She probably thinks that chassidish crowd mingles less with the opposite gender. (Which wasn’t the case in my experience, in case it’s helpful to the woman to asked)

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:03 pm
Genius wrote:
She probably thinks that chassidish crowd mingles less with the opposite gender. (Which wasn’t the case in my experience, in case it’s helpful to the woman to asked)

In my experience, there's always mingling at hotel programs, even with Chassidish crowds.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries