Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Shabbas Nachamu - Majestic Events
Previous  1  2  3  4

Genius

Post Tue, Jul 27 2021, 11:05 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
In my experience, there's always mingling at hotel programs, even with Chassidish crowds.

I agree. That’s why I added that it wasn’t the case ime.

dolly

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:13 pm
I’m about to book for this weekend,
I’m not Chassidish nor litvish. Im having second thoughts.

Can anyone describe what it’s like?

dolly

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:36 pm
To add, I’ve tried many years ago such type of program and when we arrived the hotel was quite dirty, smelly of all the food , the garbages were overflowed of diapers , we walked in and walked right out .

What can I expect for this weekend?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:39 pm
Hi. We are litvish or just regular and going. I've been to another shabbos program before and what one of the pple on this thread described as her experience last shabbos makes alot of sense in comparison to what I experienced at another hotel shabbos program.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:40 pm
[quote="mom212"]I was there with my family Shabbos Nachmi and we all had a great time. The hosts were very friendly and went out of their way to make everyone happy. When we arrived there was a violinist playing at the buffet. There was an incredible variety of delicious foods that was constantly being refilled. There was a photo booth set up in one of the playrooms and we got a great family photo as a momento. The kids were busy with the bouncy house, ballon twisting and magic show while I got to unpack and enjoy watching them have fun in the fully enclosed beautiful outdoor grounds. There were two playrooms separated by sliding doors so the younger kids had a safer place to play away from the board games with smaller pieces. They had many exciting toys such as ball pits bean bag toss doll house etc and my kids played there for many hours giving me a much needed rest. They even had free babysitting on Shabbos so I was able to relax and attend the women’s lecture. The men had lectures during Shabbos and there was story time for the kids too. My husband said all the men were talking about how amazing the chazzan was all Shabbos and the havdala outside was simply gorgeous. There were groups of men singing at every Shabbos meal. There was an amazing musical performance by Leiby Weider and a very talented young boy (sorry I forgot his name). There were separate hours for swimming for men and women both days but my girls only went once because they wanted to watch the girls film and were thrilled to meet one of the actresses too. The food was fresh and delicious so (even my picky 7 year old had lots to choose from). There were carving stations, jerky platers, waiter preparing custom dishes, tons of types of salads and dips. The Shabbos breakfast included cheese cakes, danishes, rugalach, all types of cereal, yogurt and stuff to make sandwiches with (peanut butter cream cheese etc). The outdoor kiddish was truly amazing and there was plenty of ice and drinks at all of the meals. My kids loved the Shabbos party and even got to taste new treats. The melava malka had hot soups, eggplant parmigiana, pizza, fries, falafel, salads, ice cream, waiters making custom lokshon dishes, milkshakes and fruit smoothies. The waiters were all very nice an patient with the kids (and adults). The Shabbos meals included wine and the bota had Smearnof and beer (for the adults of course) not to mention ice cream ices fruits chocolate nuts snacks and candies. Sunday morning my kids were busy making beautiful wall hangings and getting their faces and arms painted so that I had time to pack up and enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet. The 24 hour tea room was constantly being refilled and we took snacks and drinks for the way home. If you’re interested, my friend told me that there are pictures and videos on Majestic Events instagram and whatsapp status. I would definitely recommend them to anyone and plan on going back in 2 weeks (next week we have a simcha in the family). I hope this was helpful. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.[/quote
This is what im referring to.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
If you call urself “chassidish” you must be following a chassidus. Now, I bet you no chassidish rebbe allows no stockings. Why not just call urself modern, or just frum.. why chassidish?! What parts of chasidishism do you follow?!

This really has nothing to do with your initial question so mayb I should start a s/o
It just that this rrly irks me

And it really irks me that someone would question someone's "credentials" as Chassidish based on their feet.

Now, I'm sure everyone here knows I'm not Chassidish. But at least AIUI, while "Chassidish" people tend to dress in certain ways, that's not what makes them "Chassidish." Rather, its a way of looking at and dealing with the world, and with Judaism. I could put on the Chassidish levush, but I sure wouldn't be Chassidish. And a Chassidish woman could take off her socks and put on a bikini, and she'd still be Chassidish. Well, maybe not the latter, but you get the idea.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 1:58 pm
dolly wrote:
To add, I’ve tried many years ago such type of program and when we arrived the hotel was quite dirty, smelly of all the food , the garbages were overflowed of diapers , we walked in and walked right out .

Make sure not to go to a program that is in the Catskills. All the hotels are run down and mildewy (and the bedding/towel/cleaning service is run down too.) Only choose programs that are taking place at reputable hotels like a Hilton or Marriott that have good reviews online.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 2:00 pm
dolly wrote:

I've been to many hotel programs and have never experienced this bh. They take out nice hotels. Maybe the run down hotels are that clean and they're smelly. But these expensive programs generally take out nice hotels.

dolly

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 2:02 pm
Thanks, so I can assume this weekend to be more balabatish?

I’m looking for something properly run and respectful.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Jul 29 2021, 2:02 pm
dolly wrote:
Thanks, so I can assume this weekend to be more balabatish?

I’m looking for something properly run and respectful.

Yes.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 1:48 pm
so did I bump into you over shabbos without knowing your on this site?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:46 pm
My neighbor went to Majestic Events getaway this week and she said that they had an amazing experience. There was R Fishel Shechter doing story time for the kids and lectures for the men, a chess expert teaching tips and tricks which her husband and boys really enjoyed and there was non stop activities all weekend long. There was lots of delicious food and her teens especially enjoyed the sushi station prepared fresh on Motza Shabbos. After hearing how much they enjoyed it I checked out majestic events whatsapp status and immediately booked my family for next weekend (the last of the summer). My kids are kids super excited. Did anyone else go this summer? What was your experience?

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:01 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
My neighbor went to Majestic Events getaway this week and she said that they had an amazing experience. There was R Fishel Shechter doing story time for the kids and lectures for the men, a chess expert teaching tips and tricks which her husband and boys really enjoyed and there was non stop activities all weekend long. There was lots of delicious food and her teens especially enjoyed the sushi station prepared fresh on Motza Shabbos. After hearing how much they enjoyed it I checked out majestic events whatsapp status and immediately booked my family for next weekend (the last of the summer). My kids are kids super excited. Did anyone else go this summer? What was your experience?

Are they on insta? How can I see the info? Hi

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:06 pm
My parents were there this past shabbos. They go to different programs quite often and they never had an experience like this one. The food was like they've never had before, plenty, delicious, amazing variety, and the kids were entertained all shabbos long. They had an amazing time, they can't stop talking of how wonderful it was. I saw clips of the man playing violin, so stunning. They really had a wonderful shabbos.

amother
Zinnia

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
Are they on insta? How can I see the info? Hi

They didn't really post any clips of shabbos.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Aug 02 2021, 10:51 am
In case anyone is interested, Majestic Events just updated their instagram page.

Nikkita

Post Tue, Aug 23 2022, 1:43 am
Are there any hotels/ programs with litvish crowd?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries