Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Los Angeles hotel, food & attractions
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 2:40 pm
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Los Angeles thats near minyan? Also places to eat and attractions. Want to go for a few days with my husband and 3 girls ages 10, 20 & 21.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 2:42 pm
Residence inn on south Beverly drive is adjacent to all of picos kosher restaurants and shuls

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 5:40 pm
Thank you. Any other hotel suggestion?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 5:50 pm
Mr. C in the same area. Your best bet is to stay in pico. Tons of restaurants with adas Torah and merkaz hatorah kollel smack in the middle.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. Any other hotel suggestion?

Residence Inn is a dump. The Sofitel hotel is a bit of a walk, but very nice.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:26 pm
PM me for an incredible Airbnb that is literally in the backyard of a rabbi! Kosher kitchen, close to all the kosher restaurants along Pico.

6 twin beds + a couch

Last edited by bigsis144 on Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

simba

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:29 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:

Isn't Sofitel near the Beverly Center. What shul is walking distance?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 8:30 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:

Does the Sofitel have full kitchen and separate bedrooms the way the Residence Inn does? Are they as Shabbos aware and Shabbos friendly? do they have a free breakfast too?

Amarante

Post Mon, Jun 28 2021, 9:48 pm
Beverly Hills Marriott is in the Pico Robertson District. I am sure there is a minyan within close proximity if that is the issue.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:28 pm
Thanks for all replies. The airbnb would be perfect but is not available for when I want to go. The hotels were either not available or too expensive since I would need 2 rooms.

Any other suggestions?

Does anyone know the mask situation in Los Angeles and surrounding areas?

Can anyone recommend places to eat and attractions?

Thanks you.

Window

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:31 pm
No more masks in California

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 6:53 pm
Thank you.

Anyone have any suggestions where to stay & attractions?

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 9:02 pm
Los Angeles has so many potential attractions so it would be helpful if you posted what your interests are - whether you are traveling with children - how old they are etc.

You theoretically have all of the cultural attractions of a large city like museums of all kinds; the beach and hiking trails; touristy type of sight seeing stuff; Universal and Disneyland;

There are so excellent and unique restaurants. I think the Kosher Thai restaurant in Beverly Hills is probably the one that is one of a kind in the US but there are also delicious restaurants from casual cafes, Mexican, gourmet sausage place plus fancy fleishig type of places.

You might check out Lenny's Casita which is a relatively new addition

Welcome to Lenny's Casita

Mexicali street food concept by culinary creator Chef Lenny (Charcoal, Doma Land + Sea, Alenbi, Mike’s Bistro). Sister to Lenny’s Bazaar, the Casita blends authentic Mexican street food with Chef Lenny’s California roots and fine-dining experience to create a unique taqueria that can only be described as MexiCali. Glatt Kosher under the OK supervision.

They have tacos (a family style DIY taco kit) as well as other very interesting choices.

ETA - Got Kosher in the Pico district has absolutely delicious pretzel challah and also very good Moroccan/Tunisian cuisine

https://gotkosherinc.com/ecom/.....-Menu

Last edited by Amarante on Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 10:52 pm
When will you be in LA?

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 10:55 pm
simba wrote:
Isn't Sofitel near the Beverly Center. What shul is walking distance?

Ginsberg’s shul. It’s a lot of short blocks and it’s about a 20 minute walk. Not too bad.

OP maybe find a cheap hotel further away and splurge for shabbos.

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:08 pm
What's the name of the small hotel on robertson, just north of pico?

amother
Garnet

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:15 pm
Carlyle Inn
1119 South Robertson Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035 United States (USA)

Just do not go to the kabbalah center down the block!! LOL

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:35 pm
Hi, I am OP 2 -

Hope its ok to jump in

looking for a clean place for a few nights Encino or Sherman Oaks

Will drive and midweek, so no need for shul, but should be safe for women travelers.

2. I am reading Delta (covid type) is spreading rapidly in LA area - any inside info?

3. and lastly, which aiport should I fly in? distance from Encino, taking Uber.

TY

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 11:59 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Hi, I am OP 2 -

Hope its ok to jump in

looking for a clean place for a few nights Encino or Sherman Oaks

Will drive and midweek, so no need for shul, but should be safe for women travelers.

2. I am reading Delta (covid type) is spreading rapidly in LA area - any inside info?

3. and lastly, which aiport should I fly in? distance from Encino, taking Uber.

TY

If you can fly into Burbank airport, that is closer and easier to navigate since it is smaller. Otherwise it would be LAX which is on the other side of the Santa Monica mountains.

If you have been vaccinated, you would be reasonably safe. My family and friends wear masks when inside public spaces. I don’t feel comfortable inside eating in a restaurant but weather is fine for eating outside if you are in the shade. I don’t wear a mask if I am walking outside in a non crowded situation.

Frankly if I weren’t vaccinated I would nit want to travel at this point but at least the number of cases in California is lower than some of the states like Missouri which have low vaccination rates.

I don’t have specific recommendations for Encino hotels but if you book a room in a chain located on Ventura Boulevard you would be fine.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 11:57 am
Amarante wrote:
Los Angeles has so many potential attractions so it would be helpful if you posted what your interests are - whether you are traveling with children - how old they are etc.

You theoretically have all of the cultural attractions of a large city like museums of all kinds; the beach and hiking trails; touristy type of sight seeing stuff; Universal and Disneyland;

There are so excellent and unique restaurants. I think the Kosher Thai restaurant in Beverly Hills is probably the one that is one of a kind in the US but there are also delicious restaurants from casual cafes, Mexican, gourmet sausage place plus fancy fleishig type of places.

You might check out Lenny's Casita which is a relatively new addition

Welcome to Lenny's Casita

Mexicali street food concept by culinary creator Chef Lenny (Charcoal, Doma Land + Sea, Alenbi, Mike’s Bistro). Sister to Lenny’s Bazaar, the Casita blends authentic Mexican street food with Chef Lenny’s California roots and fine-dining experience to create a unique taqueria that can only be described as MexiCali. Glatt Kosher under the OK supervision.

They have tacos (a family style DIY taco kit) as well as other very interesting choices.

ETA - Got Kosher in the Pico district has absolutely delicious pretzel challah and also very good Moroccan/Tunisian cuisine

https://gotkosherinc.com/ecom/.....-Menu

Thank you. I wrote in my original post that I would be going with my husband and 3 girls ages 10, 20 & 21. My big girls want Universal. We are open to do any must do attractions in La.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics