Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
DS Going to Israel for Yeshiva- must vaccine??Time sensitive
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 6:50 am
I’m so confused with the diff changes from Israel as of this month.
My son leaving in a month to go to Israel,
per the letter from yeshiva said either
need vaccine or a positive Covid test and recovery Covid negative, antibody test is not sufficient.
He never had a positive Covid test but has antibiodies.
Need answer ASAP bec he will need to vaccinate today and I’m nervous. I’m not anti vaccine but wasn’t on the radar for him to vaccinate yet (He’s 18 and he’s not really interested vaccinating yet but will do it cause wants to go to Yeshiva)
Also he will only be able to do the Pfizer one bec won’t have enough time with the Mederna one which seems more effective on the new variants.

Anyones DS going to yeshiva next zman what are they doing??

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 6:53 am
My daughter is going to seminary and has the same requirements. She was vaccinated months ago. If u don't have a positive test you need to vaccinate or stay home. Alot of kids are vaccinating asap. Good luck.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:05 am
Thanks for responding. He is scheduled to vaccinate today just wanted to make sure wasn’t making a rash decision bec taking the Pfizer and not the Moderna.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:06 am
It's quite clear.
You either need a vaccine or a positive and negative test.

Not sure what the question is

amother
DarkRed

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m so confused with the diff changes from Israel as of this month.
My son leaving in a month to go to Israel,
per the letter from yeshiva said either
need vaccine or a positive Covid test and recovery Covid negative, antibody test is not sufficient.
He never had a positive Covid test but has antibiodies.
Need answer ASAP bec he will need to vaccinate today and I’m nervous. I’m not anti vaccine but wasn’t on the radar for him to vaccinate yet (He’s 18 and he’s not really interested vaccinating yet but will do it cause wants to go to Yeshiva)
Also he will only be able to do the Pfizer one bec won’t have enough time with the Mederna one which seems more effective on the new variants.

Anyones DS going to yeshiva next zman what are they doing??

I don't get what there is to be confused about? Seems pretty clear to me

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 7:12 am
Yes, he should get the vaccine.

Having the Pfizer will put him in track with everyone else there.

Teomima

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 10:00 am
I could be mistaken, but I believe if someone has recovered from COVID-19 they are only supposed to get one shot, not two, meaning he could take the Moderna if you prefer (if your concern was having enough time in the country before due for the second injection).

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 10:02 am
I know a lot of girls holding out.
I wonder what will happen with them.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 10:40 am
If you message faigeedee on Instagram, she put together a WhatsApp group for parents in your shoes.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
I know a lot of girls holding out.
I wonder what will happen with them.

Right now, these are the requirements at the Ministry of Health. So I imagine that girls who don't want to comply will have to make other plans. Is it possible that things will change? Of course. But you never know.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 10:43 am
[quote="amother [ Honey ]"]I know a lot of girls holding out.
I wonder what will happen with them.[/quo

They won't be going to Israel.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 10:47 am
So I know a tour group that just went to Israel and girls got in just with antibodies. I know another tour group going in July/August and they said having antibodies is enough.
Is this a new thing for Sept that showing antibodies is not enough?

amother
Papayawhip

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:01 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
So I know a tour group that just went to Israel and girls got in just with antibodies. I know another tour group going in July/August and they said having antibodies is enough.

Israel may be differentiating between tourists and people who will be living in the country for 10 months on student visas, since antibodies tend to diminish over time.

Their country, their laws.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:21 am
OP we're in the same boat. Ds will be staying in the US for Elul zman and forward, unless and until the Israeli government changes their requirements. My concerns about the vaccine being what they are, it is too shortsighted for us to risk potentially life-long health complications for a year in Israel.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:27 am

I think you are getting confused. People who were vaccinated need to show proof of vaccination and then do a serology test to prove the certificate isn't fake. (Unless Israel vaccinated them.)

For months and months, since the airport reopened basically, antibodies have not been sufficient for the Israeli government. You need to show proof of vaccination and in some rare cases you can show a positive and then negative test.

I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 11:30 am
My dentist is Israeli and at my visit last week, he was going to Israel to visit his parents.

He is fully vaccinated and he said he still needed to comply with certain restrictions. I could be mistaken but I thought he said he would still have to quarantine at his parents' house for awhile.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 12:46 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
I think you are getting confused. People who were vaccinated need to show proof of vaccination and then do a serology test to prove the certificate isn't fake. (Unless Israel vaccinated them.)

For months and months, since the airport reopened basically, antibodies have not been sufficient for the Israeli government. You need to show proof of vaccination and in some rare cases you can show a positive and then negative test.

I don't see this changing anytime soon.

My cousin went. She's not vaccinated. The tour is sponsored through a seminary so maybe they have different rules.

grace413

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 2:13 pm
Unfortunately our covid cases are rising again so if anything restrictions will be tightened.

No chance of restrictions being lessened in the next month.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 2:23 pm
My cousin went. She's not vaccinated. The tour is sponsored through a seminary so maybe they have different rules.

As of June 20th they changed it that you must have had a positive Covid test and my son doesn’t have, only has antibodies.

My ds got the 1st dose of the vaccine this morning.
For him personally it is very important to go to yeshiva in Israel for next year so couldn’t wait to see if things will change after Aug.

My husband who did have a positive Covid test is able to fly with my son without getting the vaccine if he gets an issur bec he’s a direct sibling to Israeli citizen.
BeH hoping that it works out.

Thanks

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 2:24 pm
Cases are rising but the question is whether this will correspond with a rise in severe illness. Which we will probably know in a few weeks. If this strain turns out to be mild, I imagine the restrictions will be reevaluated.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics