Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
DS Going to Israel for Yeshiva- must vaccine??Time sensitive
Previous  1  2

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 3:33 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Cases are rising but the question is whether this will correspond with a rise in severe illness. Which we will probably know in a few weeks. If this strain turns out to be mild, I imagine the restrictions will be reevaluated.

The dominant strain at the moment is the delta strain, which is not known to be mild. The real question is to what extent it is vaccine resistant. As things stand, almost everyone with severe symptoms is not vaccinated.

The requirements for entering Israel on a tourist visa are not the same as entering Israel on a student visa. The government requires vaccination for a student visa. A lot of seminaries and yeshivas have struggled dealing with Corona in the dorms this past year. None of them want to have to deal with that or with bidud again.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Jul 01 2021, 3:35 pm
Teomima wrote:
I could be mistaken, but I believe if someone has recovered from COVID-19 they are only supposed to get one shot, not two.

In Israel the policy is that anyone who is recovered only needs a single dose. In America I believe the policy is two doses for everyone. So in those circumstances I'm not sure what 'fully vaccinated' would mean.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics