Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
South Beach Diet- I'm starting!
Previous  1  2

imokay

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 1:23 pm
once u g et to phase 2 it does get easier. I find that at that point I dont even wantt o get off phase 1 b.c I have gotten used to it. u just need to tough it out...
some foo ideas.
-try a spinach or broccoli "kugel"- basically a 16 oz. frozen bag of either (cook brocolli first, spinach can just be defrosted), 2 eggs, 1-2 heaping T. mayo, some garlic powder, salt and a bit of onion powder. mix, put in 9 inch round, bake for 1 hr, at 350. (I can eat th whole pan as a snack in one sitting)
-london broil salad. season with oil, salt, pepper. let marinate in bag for a couple of hours. broil on both sides till done. slice, serve with lettuce and cherry tomatoes (or any other veggies)
-fish if that's your thing (I dont eat it, except for tuna)
-for breakfast, try giant decaf coffee with a bit of cottage cheese (can add some splenda and/or cinammon for some extra flavor) and a lot of veggies.
-experiment with different dressings- just replace the sugar with an artificial sweetener
-bar b q some chicken cutlets in the grill
-deli salad
-hamburgers with lettuce leaves as the "bun"
-snack on sugar free tofutti pops (the 30 calorie ones). yum. they saved my life.
-can also snack on some sugar free ices to satisfy the "cold and sweet" craving

good luck...

luvsfun

Post Mon, May 12 2008, 9:30 pm
I acually started this diet over a week ago & im seeing very slow results.... but im happy that im sticking to something for once...and maybe if it comes off slowly it'll stay off longer (I hope!)

JewishMother18

Post Tue, May 13 2008, 1:36 am
Although the ads tell us that you can lose 8-13lb during the first two weeks it really depends on how much you have to lose and what your eating habits were like prior to starting the plan.

The real weight loss comes once you get into phase 2 and once you've detoxed your body of the bad carbs. You can expect to lose 1-2lb per week which doesn't sound a lot but it is healthier to lose at this rate.

Penina, you don't need to starve on this plan but you do need to make changes and that's hard sometimes to get our heads around. It's all about planning and getting rid of the bad stuff from our cupboards. You don't have to do this overnight (although it helps if you can) but gradually change your family over to a healthier diet and you'll all benefit.

Remember this isn't just about dieting and losing weight - this is a lifestyle change and everyone can benefit from it.

Breakfast is a toughie if you don't like eggs so you need to get creative. Vegetables are extremely important and you need to get a good supply of them for every meal. It will get easier honestly and once you start seeing the results and feeling the difference in your overall health you'll be thankful you stayed with it.

good luck

Yamama

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 6:19 am
No need to starve on SBD! Eat lots of filling salads and other foods --

LOts of SBD recipes here: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2......html

and some here: http://sbdrecipes.webs.com/apps/blog/ (on this one we would love your input!)

I lost 50 pounds in 3 months -- it DEFINITELY works!

Hatzlocho, and let's all post our own recipes here (and on the 2nd site above, please?)

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Sep 15 2011, 9:13 pm
thanks yamama but as you can see I started that diet 4 years ago and it last a week and a half!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise