Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Bais rochel satmar BP memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:09 pm
amother [ Melon ] wrote:
The satmar rebbe should first take care of the internet in his family ( his einikel the grand designer rbg design all day on social media) then he can come to us

Off topic, sorry. Where can I view her work? Just heard about her designing career.

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:38 pm
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Graduated 2001, hiiii grademates/classmates

I remember pre school being in the 49thstr building, 1-4 was in 53rd str building and 5-8 plus high school on 14th ave. Then everyone moved into the building on 14.
My boys are in the cheder/yeshiva
My girls not. Suffice it to say that I was very disappointed in the lack of discipline shown to the machers of a certain class who were bullying my daughter and therefore decided to switch.

I can list most teachers up until high school, then it's a blur. Too many names to remember
First grade: Mrs Pollak Yiddish and Miss Aurbach/Muller English
Second grade: מרת פריינד who was always late every single day and Mrs Kramer English.
Third grade: Mrs Eiger Yiddish and Miss Schwimmer English (don't remember who she married)
Fourth grade: Miss Teitelbaum (don't remember who she married) and Mrs Eichenstein English
Fifth grade: Miss Leifer (forgot who she married) Miss Luger/Friedman English
Sixth grade: forgot Yiddish, miss goldman/knoblich
Seventh grade: Ruchme Halberstam/ Miss Schick/Lipshitz
Eighth grade: Yiddish I forgot but she had red hair and English we finally had deparmental: Mrs Knoblich, miss friedman/Jaffe (Mrs. Margolis' neice) and Mrs Raab

Never liked school, had no friends and to this day I can't figure out why. Guess I wasn't a macher or had machers for parents. To prove my point I was a nobody: when I went to Mrs Meisels at PTA to see what can be done about the bullying situation, she herself asked me if I was a student of the school. Ummmm, yesss, and when I started naming the girls from my class and grade she still didn't remember me.

I’m a grade younger than you but I had some of your teachers.

Grade 1- English Mrs. Deutch. Don’t remember Yiddish.
Grade 2- Mrs. Bleuer Yiddish. Miss Zimmerman English. She got married that year to Tyrnauer
Grade 3- Mrs. Twerski Yiddish and Miss Mendlowitz English.
Grade 4- Mrs. Horowitz/Low English. Miss Neuman Yiddish
Grade 5- Miss Leifer Yiddish. Mrs. Friedman/Luger English
Grade 6- Mrs. Glanz/Teitelbaun yiddish
Miss. Spitzer English
And I moved away in sixth grade. Any of my grade mates here?

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Off topic, sorry. Where can I view her work? Just heard about her designing career.

Respectfully asking, who are you talking abt? Which satmar and which child is this?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:29 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I’m a grade younger than you but I had some of your teachers.

Grade 1- English Mrs. Deutch. Don’t remember Yiddish.
Grade 2- Mrs. Bleuer Yiddish. Miss Zimmerman English. She got married that year to Tyrnauer
Grade 3- Mrs. Twerski Yiddish and Miss Mendlowitz English.
Grade 4- Mrs. Horowitz/Low English. Miss Neuman Yiddish
Grade 5- Miss Leifer Yiddish. Mrs. Friedman/Luger English
Grade 6- Mrs. Glanz/Teitelbaun yiddish
Miss. Spitzer English
And I moved away in sixth grade. Any of my grade mates here?

Hi, I’m your grademate , and it seems so is topaz , and yes you know I’m on here lol!

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:31 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
I'm older than you. Quite a few yrs older but I still look like a satmar grad. Proud to say so. Even though I'm here on imamother.
Tongue Out

Same

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:33 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Satmar is basically taking a bunch of smart, healthy girls and handicapping them for life Crying
Sure a few outliers will get their degrees and do well in life but why not give the girls the opportunity to do something with their lives instead of making them work harder for it later on?

And what did you teach, which grade and what year(s)?

I respectfully disagree.

I think we got a very well rounded education, And many workplaces prefer Satmar graduates.

Our lifestyle is not set up for very long term working of women, and to get your money’s worth of a college degree you need to be ready for that.

They did not promote furthering your education, and I understand that, but enough people have gotten degrees coming out of Satmar.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:39 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I respectfully disagree.

I think we got a very well rounded education, And many workplaces prefer Satmar graduates.

Our lifestyle is not set up for very long term working of women, and to get your money’s worth of a college degree you need to be ready for that.

They did not promote furthering your education, and I understand that, but enough people have gotten degrees coming out of Satmar.

So true. Anybody know Chany Bochner? I don't know her married name. A real typical satmar grad (for all you know she's on here and reading this). Now anybody hear of Cavalry Associates? She's the CEO of this company. I'm sure there are plenty of others. Abt her I very recently heard of so I have it in my head.

amother
Eggplant

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 12:54 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Typewriters were 9’th & 10th and computers 11th & 12th (at least in my times- grad about 13 years ago).

We loved sewing- not because we were great at it- I was not! But it gave us a nice outlet & break from learning for an ENTIRE morning! I guess it is all in attitude... and no, I’m not a skilled “sewer”, but enough that I got myself a $70 machine and can do minor alterations at home.

Btw, I have a friend that is totally not satmar. She said when it comes to shidduchim iyh she’s going to be looking for a satmar grad because she thinks there’s no one as geshikt and talented as satmar grads lol. She got to know lots of girls very well when she had a child in/out of hospital and said the satmar girls will do her mending, pick up the towels and make the beds if they’re babysitting p/getting the kids out in the morn.

Regarding other skills/courses - I think they do hair cutting in 12th grade.

Can you post a link to your sewing machine that's good for alterations at home?

amother
Sage

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:02 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Regarding your second point- no. This is what the Rebbe ztzl wanted- We should NOT be going to college and getting a degree for many reasons. So we get a decent education to manage this world.

I'm not arguing with you, just agreeing that back in the day it was so easy to walk into the welfare office in Bay Ridge and apply for welfare. Gradually they made it more and more difficult to get onto welfare, and that had a big impact on families. Nowadays a 21-yr old who's giving birth to her first child can't just go and apply for welfare. It's such a different world today. I think when they made it so difficult to be on welfare, it became necessary for our children to get an education that would enable them to get well-paid work.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:02 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
So true. Anybody know Chany Bochner? I don't know her married name. A real typical satmar grad (for all you know she's on here and reading this). Now anybody hear of Cavalry Associates? She's the CEO of this company. I'm sure there are plenty of others. Abt her I very recently heard of so I have it in my head.

Her name is rosen now. But I definitely wouldn't call her a typical satmar grad.

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:04 am
Hi, I’m your grademate , and it seems so is topaz , and yes you know I’m on here lol!

Yeah I guess I know you lol. I don’t know topaz though.
This is fun.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:08 am
amother [ Watermelon ] wrote:
Hi classmate, and Camellia too! This is too funny! I wonder who you are...
Btw I think the 4th grade Teitelbaum teacher was Ratzi's sister right?

I'm sorry for your daughter's experience...
I also didn't find my place in school until high school and even then...

We were basically classmates through all the years, interesting!

Yes. Teitelbaum 4th grade is Ratzi's sister. Dunno her married name.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:10 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Her name is rosen now. But I definitely wouldn't call her a typical satmar grad.

Why cuz she's a little more with it? She's very into names and brands but she's what a typical bp satmar graduate looks like. More or less.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:26 am
Let’s keep in mind that this is the internet and public. Let’s not dissect specific people especially if it’s negative.
So cute that the girls whom I davened with in the auditorium are right here! What are fun things you remember from high school as a whole? I wonder if we share any memories of stuff we did together like color war? Don’t remember did we have such? I think we only did Davening together! Only class specific memories otherwise!

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:56 am
I don’t, but my 3 sisters do.

Me and 2 sisters all have degrees. Are we sisters!? Hi

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:20 am
I remember one year color war, we were all sitting on the bleachers by the stage and one of the teachers announced a new speaker would come and talk to us. This short fat lady wearing a shpitzel stood by the podium and started singing songs. Took us all a minute to chap it was the cleaning lady dressed up!

And then there was a teacher who was in a car accident who spoke to us about it. Half her face was bruised and the other half wasn't.

I can narrow down which class I'm in, we haven't had a reunion in a while. I think it's been 3 or 4 years. Last time we met up was in milk n honey.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:22 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
I remember one year color war, we were all sitting on the bleachers by the stage and one of the teachers announced a new speaker would come and talk to us. This short fat lady wearing a shpitzel stood by the podium and started singing songs. Took us all a minute to chap it was the cleaning lady dressed up!

And then there was a teacher who was in a car accident who spoke to us about it. Half her face was bruised and the other half wasn't.

I can narrow down which class I'm in, we haven't had a reunion in a while. I think it's been 3 or 4 years. Last time we met up was in milk n honey.

Cleaning lady I remember. The teacher in car accident I don't.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Let’s keep in mind that this is the internet and public. Let’s not dissect specific people especially if it’s negative.
So cute that the girls whom I davened with in the auditorium are right here! What are fun things you remember from high school as a whole? I wonder if we share any memories of stuff we did together like color war? Don’t remember did we have such? I think we only did Davening together! Only class specific memories otherwise!

Memories as a whole high school…I remember by one melava malka A girl Worch came right after getting engaged to Brach and it was a huge sensation….

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:35 am
Memories as a whole high school…I remember by one melava malka A girl Worch came right after getting engaged to Brach and it was a huge sensation….

I had a classmate Worch.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I had a classmate Worch.

So did I but the younger sister.
Page 6 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics