Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Bais rochel satmar BP memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 6:15 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Memories as a whole high school…I remember by one melava malka A girl Worch came right after getting engaged to Brach and it was a huge sensation….

Her husband Brach passed away Sad

She’s remarried

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 6:39 am
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
Same

Anyone on here much older? As in rabbi levy principal? Mr. Medetsky? Mr Gold?
When we went from 49th Street to 14th Ave? 14th Ave and 42nd street??

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 6:55 am
Who remembers babbi hirsch!! As in R' Abba Hirsch the old man who worked in the schar limed office with Mrs Perlman. I used to go to the office with money during recess and I would come to class late because until he typed in my phone number and the amount I brought and finally got the receipt, it took forever.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:18 am
amother [ Antiquewhite ] wrote:
Who remembers babbi hirsch!! As in R' Abba Hirsch the old man who worked in the schar limed office with Mrs Perlman. I used to go to the office with money during recess and I would come to class late because until he typed in my phone number and the amount I brought and finally got the receipt, it took forever.

Of course I remember him. And his office all the way by the end of the hallway. And those steps in that building. Thinking back, I dunno how we didn't feel like prisoners.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:19 am
Anyone remembers mrs weisler (I think that was her name)? Assistant principal or secretary to mrs gross in preschool. I remember her as an old woman. She dressed up as eliyahu hanavi for the seder in school before pesach. Very vague memories but I sort of saw her as a ghost lady.

amother
Jasmine

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:25 am
You can name people who have college degrees, name women who are CEOs of companies, but yo have no idea how much harder it is to get there. How much struggle, when it shouldn't be. to have to start with a GED, and learn things you should be learning in the 7th -12th grade. This women are anomalies, and had to work wayyyy too hard to get there. More women should have the same opportunities if they want to.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:29 am
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
You can name people who have college degrees, name women who are CEOs of companies, but yo have no idea how much harder it is to get there. How much struggle, when it shouldn't be. to have to start with a GED, and learn things you should be learning in the 7th -12th grade. This women are anomalies, and had to work wayyyy too hard to get there. More women should have the same opportunities if they want to.

The thing is that most don’t want to.
I don’t think that other chassidish schools offering diplomas have more college grads than Satmar.

I will support my daughter if she wants to further her education, but I really don’t think it’s a must to get on in our life…especially if they aren’t planning to work long term.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:30 am
amother [ Forsythia ] wrote:
Anyone on here much older? As in rabbi levy principal? Mr. Medetsky? Mr Gold?
When we went from 49th Street to 14th Ave? 14th Ave and 42nd street??

My mom was actually of he first year graduates of Satmar BP. She’s super proud of that.

Her classmate Ruchy Rubin ah was 1-4 principal before she got sick.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 9:30 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
The thing is that most don’t want to.
I don’t think that other chassidish schools offering diplomas have more college grads than Satmar.

I will support my daughter if she wants to further her education, but I really don’t think it’s a must to get on in our life…especially if they aren’t planning to work long term.

These girls dont even know they are not graduating high school, how would they know if they want to go to college or not? And if they do want to go to college then why should they have to jump through so many hoops and struggle just because they didnt get the education and diploma they needed in high school? This is so twisted. All the girls should graduate with an accredited high school diploma then they can decide if they want to pursue a college degree or not. And there have been some who have struggled and gave up and I know a few who killed themselves bc they couldnt deal with the struggles. A proper high school education with the opportunity to graduate with an accredited diploma would have prevented it.
I hope that one day one or more girls sue satmar and force them to make the appropriate changes that would allow every single student to graduate with an accredited high school diploma even if they dont wish to pursue an advanced degree afterwards.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 9:33 am
Didn't come from BP but rebbetzin kleinman was my kallah teacher 11 years ago.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:11 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
These girls dont even know they are not graduating high school, how would they know if they want to go to college or not? And if they do want to go to college then why should they have to jump through so many hoops and struggle just because they didnt get the education and diploma they needed in high school? This is so twisted. All the girls should graduate with an accredited high school diploma then they can decide if they want to pursue a college degree or not. And there have been some who have struggled and gave up and I know a few who killed themselves bc they couldnt deal with the struggles and a proper high school education with the opportunity to graduate with an accredited diploma would have prevented it.
I hope that one day one or more girls sue satmar and force them to make the appropriate changes that would allow every single student to graduate with an accredited high school diploma even if they dont wish to pursue an advanced degree afterwards.

Wow, you seem to have been badly hurt for one reason or another & I felt it from your first response. Did you want to get a degree & feel angry about it? It’s never too late. This is so not about furthering the girls’ education but rather about you wanting revenge. I’m sorry you were/are suffering. I don’t think the school has to change anything if they don’t want to; I personally just made the decision that I won’t send my daughters there. You and anyone else can do the same. There’s a post about BYHS (BP) and many were unhappy for other reasons. The education Satmar gives is enough to get their students where the Satmar Rebbe intended them to get. If you don’t believe in this derech, why would you send there? Would you send to Lubavitch & rant about their choice of education? Please try to seek help & closure for your pain.

It’s ironic though, that incomes are usually way higher for a Satmar family (but so are expenses… because of family size & culture/standards). That is, because they open up businesses and hire “professionals” to come work for them. Many college grads with degrees in Accounting etc. go on to work for the Satmar chassidim who hardly know how to sign their name in English. (There’s a famous story about this one) Lol. But true. I know many people on either side. These are usually the men, as most women go on to raising their (large) families after a few years of office work or teaching.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:13 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Wow, you seem to have been badly hurt for one reason or another & I felt it from your first response. Did you want to get a degree & feel angry about it? It’s never too late. This is so not about furthering the girls’ education but rather about you wanting revenge. I’m sorry you were/are suffering. I don’t think the school has to change anything if they don’t want to; I personally just made the decision that I won’t send my daughters there. You and anyone else can do the same. There’s a post about BYHS (BP) and many were unhappy for other reasons. The education Satmar gives is enough to get their students where the Satmar Rebbe intended them to get. If you don’t believe in this derech, why would you send there? Would you send to Lubavitch & rant about their choice of education? Please try to seek help & closure for your pain.

It’s ironic though, that incomes are usually way higher for a Satmar family (but so are expenses… because of family size & culture/standards). That is, because they open up businesses and hire “professionals” to come work for them. Many college grads with degrees in Accounting etc. go on to work for the Satmar chassidim who hardly know how to sign their name in English. (There’s a famous story about this one) Lol. But true. I know many people on either side. These are usually the men, as most women go on to raising their (large) families after a few years of office work or teaching.

I agree Sienna sounds like in a lot of pain. 98% of the graduates don’t feel this way. I wonder who hurt her? Mrs. Margolis?

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:19 am
These girls dont even know they are not graduating high school, how would they know if they want to go to college or not? And if they do want to go to college then why should they have to jump through so many hoops and struggle just because they didnt get the education and diploma they needed in high school? This is so twisted. All the girls should graduate with an accredited high school diploma then they can decide if they want to pursue a college degree or not. And there have been some who have struggled and gave up and I know a few who killed themselves bc they couldnt deal with the struggles. A proper high school education with the opportunity to graduate with an accredited diploma would have prevented it.

I’m very sorry for your pain.
If you think an accredited diploma can prevent suicide…you’re mistaken.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:19 am
amother [ Tan ] wrote:

I have a degree. I am not in pain even if I did struggle but dont want others to struggle the same way. I have a right to criticize Satmar which you seem to be triggered by for some odd reason. Yes, there are good things about satmar and bad things but there is definitely something wrong when you can only discuss the good things and shove all the negative under the table.
I will repeat, Satmar should offer every single girl the opportunity to graduate with an accredited high school diploma and I hope that someone sues them to make it happen if they dont do it on their own. I dont even begin to understand why people are triggered by what I am saying or why there is so much resistance to empower girls to get the proper education they deserve and graduate with an accredited high school diploma regardless of whether they want to pursue an advanced degree or not.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:25 am
I have a degree. I am not in pain even if I did struggle but dont want others to struggle the same way. I have a right to criticize Satmar which you seem to be triggered by for some odd reason. Yes, there are good things about satmar and bad things but there is definitely something wrong when you can only discuss the good things and shove all the negative under the table.
I will repeat, Satmar should offer every single girl the opportunity to graduate with an accredited high school diploma and I hope that someone sues them to make it happen if they dont do it on their own. I dont even begin to understand why people are triggered by what I am saying or why there is so much resistance to empower girls to get the proper education they deserve and graduate with an accredited high school diploma regardless of whether they want to pursue an advanced degree or not.

Perhaps sue the ones who put you in there. Whoever sends there sends by choice. No one is forced so no need to sue. I’m not triggered by your posts because I’m a very happy graduate but I see you’re so full of pain I simply feel bad!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Perhaps sue the ones who put you in there. Whoever sends there sends by choice. No one is forced so no need to sue. I’m not triggered by your posts because I’m a very happy graduate but I see you’re so full of pain I simply feel bad!

Why do you feel like I am "in pain" for criticizing satmar? Is it not allowed? Is satmar so perfect that anyone who dares to say anything against it is "in pain"? Or is that a defense mechanism on your part to protect yourself from the neglect that you experienced at satmar (of course you will say that you werent neglected but that is just a further defense mechanism to protect yourself when you know that its educational neglect to not allow girls to graduate high school)?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:38 am
Why do you feel like I am "in pain" for criticizing satmar? Is it not allowed? Is satmar so perfect that anyone who dares to say anything against it is "in pain"? Or is that a defense mechanism on your part to protect yourself from the neglect that you experienced at satmar (of course you will say that you werent neglected but that is just a further defense mechanism to protect yourself when you know that its educational neglect to not allow girls to graduate high school)?

Yes, I repeat you seem to be very much in pain. No, satmar isn’t perfect but I doubt there’s any school on the globe that is 100% perfect. And no, I absolutely feel zero neglect on their part! They gave me wonderful school years. A solid Jewish education. Lots of fun! I feel tremendous hakaros hatov to that place and have great memories! I also had a great office job after school until a few years into my marriage when DH became the breadwinner! Don’t feel I’m lacking anything even though I have no degree! My many friends from bobov, belz, pupa etc don’t have degrees either!

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:38 am

You're right. It's the tone you're using that you're coming across like you're pained. . Exp, you hope somebody sues them. Ppl age allowed to sue, and win too. But for something like this, to say sue, I have to say you sound like you're in pain

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
You're right. It's the tone you're using that you're coming across like you're pained. . Exp, you hope somebody sues them. Ppl age allowed to sue, and win too. But for something like this, to say sue, I have to say you sound like you're in pain

Exactly. It’s ok to criticize and list stuff that bothered you in school but this is extreme and not what most graduates feel.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:

Tone? Its in writing, there is no tone so you are projecting your own tone into it. And suing is perfectly acceptable in this century just like its acceptable to criticize a school. Not allowing the girls to graduate with an accredited degree is educational neglect and I hope that someone sues and forces them to change if they dont do it on their own.
Should I put a smiley emoji so that you shouldnt continue accusing me of being in pain for being critical of my alma mater? LOL
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics