Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Bais rochel satmar BP memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:11 pm
I remember Mrs Bornstein.

I must be much older than most of you - I was in elementary school when we moved into the building. The year before there was a fight between mosdos who should get the building- I was too young to understand the exact politics but I remember marching in front of the building.

Mrs kleinman became princ while I was I elementary. Before that we had Mr gold.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:12 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Yes, Mrs. Abramowitz. Thank you. She taught my class over 20 years ago and wasnt young at the time so it makes sense that she already died. Unless you are saying that she had some illness? But I did feel bad for her because I heard her home life wasnt so good but not sure if that was true.

And does anyone remember the name of the english principal who told us that her door is always open to us but then sent us away when we tested that theory? She was a short woman but cant remember her name now.

Anyone else got their GED and college degree?

Of course. Mrs. (bobby) Muller. She eventually became a volunteer for the maimonides nishei. She visited me once after a baby. I didn't have the patience to introduce myself to her then. But I recognized her in a second.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:12 pm
Mrs klienman u”h was my principal
Mrs. honing my 10th grade teacher (not 8th)
Mrs. steinwartzel and the madman, check!
Mrs. Bornstein, check too!
Bobby muller, check!

Good old days!
Yes I look like a satmar grad and I’m proud! Smile

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:14 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:

I must be much older than most of you - I was in elementary school when we moved into the building. The year before there was a fight between mosdos who should get the building- I was too young to understand the exact politics but I remember marching in front of the building.

Oh I only know Mrs klienman and Mrs. malovitzky and the unforgettable Mrs. gross for preschool!

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Mrs klienman u”h was my principal
Mrs. honing my 10th grade teacher (not 8th)
Mrs. steinwartzel and the madman, check!
Mrs. Bornstein, check too!

Yes I look like a satmar grad and I’m proud! Smile

We were probably in school together. I dunno if we're the same grade but maybe a yr or 2 difference.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:17 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Of course. Mrs. (bobby) Muller. She eventually became a volunteer for the maimonides nishei. She visited me once after a baby. I didn't have the patience to introduce myself to her then. But I recognized her in a second.

She was such a sweetheart. She was only my principal in 9th & 10th grade. Any grademates here? We were 10th grade when the extension was added and moved up to the 6th floor.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:19 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:

I don't have such fond memories of her. I personally couldn't stand her. She was my second grade teacher too. We then had in her high school 2 or 3 times. 9th grade, 12th grade and I think once more.

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:33 pm
I dont remember if anyone even answered her but I will never forget that tiny woman screaming at the top of her lungs "WHO IS THE MADMAN OF THE STORY, MISS __". Wow. It was shocking that this happened in a satmar school which is presumably why I remember it.

I also remember the typing classes we were forced to go to. FF, CC, BB, etc. All on typewriters. Dont remember the name of the poor typing teacher but I hope they upgraded to computers.

And the sewing classes once a week for the entire yiddish half of the day was torture, I have PTSD (post traumatic sewing disorder) from it and cant stand seeing a sewing machine. I was glad I had friends who hated it as much as I did and we just had as much fun as possible. I doubt anyone sews today with the tznius clothing we can get at stores and I hope they got rid of the class altogether. Or at least offered other options for students who have no interest in sewing but want to learn other skills.

Typewriters were 9’th & 10th and computers 11th & 12th (at least in my times- grad about 13 years ago).

We loved sewing- not because we were great at it- I was not! But it gave us a nice outlet & break from learning for an ENTIRE morning! I guess it is all in attitude... and no, I’m not a skilled “sewer”, but enough that I got myself a $70 machine and can do minor alterations at home.

Btw, I have a friend that is totally not satmar. She said when it comes to shidduchim iyh she’s going to be looking for a satmar grad because she thinks there’s no one as geshikt and talented as satmar grads lol. She got to know lots of girls very well when she had a child in/out of hospital and said the satmar girls will do her mending, pick up the towels and make the beds if they’re babysitting p/getting the kids out in the morn.

Regarding other skills/courses - I think they do hair cutting in 12th grade.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh I only know Mrs klienman and Mrs. malovitzky and the unforgettable Mrs. gross for preschool!

Wow. Mrs. Malovitzky was a nobody bc Mrs. Kleinman overshadowed everyone. And Mrs. Gross was pushed out or fired does anyone remember the politics behind it?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 12:49 pm
Wow. Mrs. Malovitzky was a nobody bc Mrs. Kleinman overshadowed everyone. And Mrs. Gross was pushed out or fired does anyone remember the politics behind it?

In my times she was more of the official assistant principal, with Mrs ungar a’h really running the show. Mrs. Pessy Neuhaus was principal.The year after I graduated, mrs. Bruchy zeidenfeld became official principal.

Edited a typo

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:00 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
In my times she was more of the official assistant principal, with Mrs ungar a’h really running the show. Mrs. Pesky Neuhaus was principal.The year after I graduated, mrs. Bruchy zeidenfeld became official principal.

None of these names are familiar. Are you talking about williamsburg or BP (bc I believe that Mrs Kleinman went to WB at some point so is that what you are referring to)? And what year?

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:05 pm
None of these names are familiar. Are you talking about williamsburg or BP (bc I believe that Mrs Kleinman went to WB at some point so is that what you are referring to)? And what year?
BP
Mrs klienman left when I was in 6th I think so that would be 2002.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:18 pm
At first there was Mr. Levy, then Mr. Gold. Mrs Kleinman came then and with her Mrs malovitsky. She started as secretary but then sort of became assistant principal. For a very short time, Rebetzin Hendy Halberstam was assistant principal.

After Reb. Kleinman was sent off, Mrs pessy neuhauz became principal with malovitsky and Unger assisting. Mrs brushy zeidenfeld came after. Elementary has had esther rekoach for the younger and goldy honig for the older for many years.

English principals - Mrs Sharon Yanofsky was there for many years, followed by muller and Margolis

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:41 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
In my times she was more of the official assistant principal, with Mrs ungar a’h really running the show. Mrs. Pessy Neuhaus was principal.The year after I graduated, mrs. Bruchy zeidenfeld became official principal.

Edited a typo

We're probably the same age range.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:44 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
BP
Mrs klienman left when I was in 6th I think so that would be 2002.

So you are younger than me. I still dont understand what happened to Mrs. Kleinman, why did she end up going to wb?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:47 pm
Everything boils down to politics

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:51 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:

Edited a typo

This was after my times but very shortly after. I remember hearing Mrs. Neuhauss coming in and leaving a yr or two later.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 1:53 pm
So you are younger than me. I still dont understand what happened to Mrs. Kleinman, why did she end up going to wb?

Oh plz it was major politics. Mrs. Margolius was involved in the politics. Aaron Weltz. It was a Zach.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:03 pm
Mrs. klienman was my principal, until the last year, when Pessy Neuhaus became principal.

We created the song:
Bais rochel geit fin freid ois
As mir hubben Mrs. Neihaus ….

Mrs. unger a”h was my GO head, and we had the constitution theme, which Reb. speigel always ranted about, so we turned it into a breakout, to remove the sign…..anyone remember?

Mrs. Weinberger “cutcha putcha hand down”
Bobby Fishman……enough said…

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:29 pm
Someone is close to my age because Mrs muller came in for my 12th grade. We so missed the yard! I didnt merit to move into the new building. After my times!

I think Mrs Steinwurzel is still there!

Who remembers escaping during a fire drill?
Page 2 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics