Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Bais rochel satmar BP memories
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:34 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Mrs. klienman was my principal, until the last year, when Pessy Neuhaus became principal.

We created the song:
Bais rochel geit fin freid ois
As mir hubben Mrs. Neihaus ….

Mrs. unger a”h was my GO head, and we had the constitution theme, which Reb. speigel always ranted about, so we turned it into a breakout, to remove the sign…..anyone remember?

Mrs. Weinberger “cutcha putcha hand down”
Bobby Fishman……enough said…

We probably would’ve appreciated Mrs. weinberger more if we wouldn’t have had her in 10th & 11th for 4 periods a week...
oh, Bobby fishman was such a sweetheart, but boy were we shlecht by her Sad. I said the problem with me not knowing algebra is because she was was too smart...

Bobtchy perlstein anyone? 5th, 7th, 8th, 10 th- we never got bored of her! I think she taught 12th too- but got married & moved before we made it there lol!

And the halberstams- 9th grade חר, רב
חומי, חמ 10
חומי, רחמי 11
חמ. שרי 12
Aka אריסתובלית (sp?), תרי״ג מצוות, היסטורי etc
And who had the Ledermans in 9th grade- geography & first aid? And Mrs. first aid as we called her- mrs Goldstein’s sister- we had so much fun when her mother subbed when she was on maternity leave! Oh, the memories Smile)

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:38 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Someone is close to my age because Mrs muller came in for my 12th grade. We so missed the yard! I didnt merit to move into the new building. After my times!

I think Mrs Steinwurzel is still there!

Who remembers escaping during a fire drill?

Not under Mrs. margolis’s eye! If we thought were going to smirk or blink we were punished! But, ooh is fire safety ingrained in me. Wow. I remember in camp- the bpgirls took all those false alarms seriously because we were so well trained!

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:49 pm
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Someone is close to my age because Mrs muller came in for my 12th grade. We so missed the yard! I didnt merit to move into the new building. After my times!

I think Mrs Steinwurzel is still there!

Who remembers escaping during a fire drill?

So you were at the 10th ave building? Which later housed the yeshiva ketana? Or was that only preschool? I remember that building vaguely- and moving into the ateres Chaya building in pre 1 A.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:52 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
Not under Mrs. margolis’s eye! If we thought were going to smirk or blink we were punished! But, ooh is fire safety ingrained in me. Wow. I remember in camp- the bpgirls took all those false alarms seriously because we were so well trained!

Mrs. Margolis and Mrs Steinwurtzel are sisters, right? I believe they came from a Rebbishe family.

And for some reason I have a memory of Mrs. Margolis screaming at kids to HOLD THE WALL!!! What kind of normal adult talks like that to a child? Cant believe she was principal for such a long time terrorizing little kids. Almost like Ms. Trunchball from Matilda Can't Believe It

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 2:55 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Mrs. Margolis and Mrs Steinwurtzel are sisters, right? I believe they came from a Rebbishe family.

And for some reason I have a memory of Mrs. Margolis screaming at kids to HOLD THE WALL!!! What kind of normal adult talks like that to a child? Cant believe she was principal for such a long time terrorizing little kids. Almost like Ms. Trunchball from Matilda Can't Believe It
They are sisters! She mellowed a lot over the years. She was scary in my times- but my daughters not so much!
Btw, she (Mrs. margolis) lost her husband in the beginning of Covid Sad

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:14 pm
Mrs. Lederman was a Wolf girl, sisters to Goldstein etc.
THe Min the Han the Ming and the Manchu dynasty’s
And the peasants and bourgeoisie…..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:19 pm
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
They are sisters! She mellowed a lot over the years. She was scary in my times- but my daughters not so much!
Btw, she (Mrs. margolis) lost her husband in the beginning of Covid Sad

I didn’t remember they were sisters. Wonder if I knew then. Yes I’m still petrified of Mrs margolis. I remember my best friend crying from her in first grade and I still have ptsd some 3 decades later. LOL

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 3:20 pm
I remember her secretary what was her name? Laniato? I remember the smell of fresh copies she once made for me upon my teachers request! From those hand written stenciled papers the teachers once used LOL ! The good old days.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 5:57 pm
Wondering whose kids are still in the mosed?

Mine are

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 6:30 pm
Yes, Mrs. Abramowitz. Thank you. She taught my class over 20 years ago and wasnt young at the time so it makes sense that she already died. Unless you are saying that she had some illness? But I did feel bad for her because I heard her home life wasnt so good but not sure if that was true.

And does anyone remember the name of the english principal who told us that her door is always open to us but then sent us away when we tested that theory? She was a short woman but cant remember her name now.

Anyone else got their GED and college degree?

I have a college degree.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 7:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I remember her secretary what was her name? Laniato? I remember the smell of fresh copies she once made for me upon my teachers request! From those hand written stenciled papers the teachers once used LOL ! The good old days.

Miriam Leniodo. I was very young when she was secretary. I have interesting memories of her. I remember what she looked like. Petite. I always thought she's running on springs. She was sooo geshikt.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 7:13 pm

Yes they're sisters. Yes she nebach lost her husband to covid. My grademate had to hold the wall more than once.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 7:14 pm

Mine are

Mine aren't. Dh is a different chasidus and both boys and girls attend that cheder and school.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
I have a college degree.

I don’t, but my 3 sisters do.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 7:17 pm

Mine are

Mine are

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 7:27 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Miriam Leniodo. I was very young when she was secretary. I have interesting memories of her. I remember what she looked like. Petite. I always thought she's running on springs. She was sooo geshikt.

Petite and dark. Black thick hair. I was also very young but this one memory of the smell of fresh copies comes to mind when I think of her.

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 8:50 pm
Of course. HOLD the wall. Mrs Margulies was assistant principal of elementary but she was the disciplinarian! if you were sent to the office, she'd make you stand in the hall outside the office and put your hands on the wall! and remind you every so often to 'hold the wall'!

When Mrs Yanofsky left she became principal of elementary. Do you know she had babies every summer when I was in elementary? I couldnt believe it when I met her kids as an adult and realized when they were born!

I took the GED. I didnt have to study for it, school prepared me for it. I am a CPA with my own practise!

and yes, the sewing lessons definitely helped me. Though I wish they would have taught us how to mend instead of sewing clothes from scratch!

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 9:01 pm
@slategray( sorry I don’t know how to reply to a message). I think we’re classmates or grade mates. It was so much fun and entertaining looking through all these messages. I still look like a satmer graduate. I don’t Send my children to this Mosed. We moved away from Boro Park. I enjoyed school very much and have great memories bh”.
So many teachers names that was mentioned I know.
Some were better and some Worse.
I crushed Rivky Friedman who’s sister Chana Hessy (if I remember correctly) taught their as well. I had the privilege of having her twice. In 6th and 8th grade.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Jul 04 2021, 11:09 pm
I'm a proud graduate. Look like a graduate. Send my kids to the mosdos. Can't believe no one mentioned Mrs. Yudkovsky. American and world history! My grade never made it into the new building. We had Mrs. Yanofsky, Mrs margolis and Mrs. Muller for principals. Mrs. Kleinman was my principal throughout and was also my kallah teacher.

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 1:54 am
Mrs. klienman was my principal, until the last year, when Pessy Neuhaus became principal.

We created the song:
Bais rochel geit fin freid ois
As mir hubben Mrs. Neihaus ….

Mrs. unger a”h was my GO head, and we had the constitution theme, which Reb. speigel always ranted about, so we turned it into a breakout, to remove the sign…..anyone remember?

Mrs. Weinberger “cutcha putcha hand down”
Bobby Fishman……enough said…

We must be about the same age
Page 3 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics