Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Im Mortified!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:16 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
It's off to sleep through a baby crying for 20 minutes and then get mad when someone cares.

I still think that she should have rather banged on the door. (And it's extremely unlikely they wouldn't have heard that, even if they don't wake up from the baby.)

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:17 pm
What’s such a big deal that she saw your hair? Even if you cover all the time, you’re a sleep in your own room. It doesn’t sound like such a big deal.

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:18 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I still think that she should have rather banged on the door.

Maybe she did and they slept through it.

I do think it's really weird that they both slept through the baby yet woke up the second she came in.

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:18 pm
Op just mentioned the hair as a side point, not sure why everyone is jumping on that part.

amother
Impatiens

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Steelblue ] wrote:
What’s such a big deal that she saw your hair? Even if you cover all the time, you’re a sleep in your own room. It doesn’t sound like such a big deal.

Because the op sounds really young and when you are really young, life is very dramatic.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:19 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
It's off to be bothered if someone barges in to your room while you're in bed?

Okay.

"someone"
she isnt a stranger.

I think op is really making a big deal. id be more embarrassed she slept through 20 mins of crying

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:20 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Op, are you newly married or a BT?

What does BT have to do with it?

amother
Topaz

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:20 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
Maybe she did and they slept through it.

Very unlikely. It's a different kind of noise.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:21 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Op just mentioned the hair as a side point, not sure why everyone is jumping on that part.

Did she though? She mentioned it with an exclamation point and then mentioned it again, so...I think it really bothered her. The suggestion that she is young is probably true.

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:23 pm
She knocked!!! You didn’t even hear your baby crying right next to you for at least 20 minutes! How in the world were you supposed to hear her knock?! I’m sorry but you are in the wrong here for not being appreciative. I don’t see that she did anything wrong. I would’ve been concerned too that something happened to you.

amother
Bluebell

amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:

Good question. I'm BT and didn't mind when this happened to me. I get along with my MIL. She was fulfilling a need.

Ema of 5

amother [ Apple ] wrote:
She should have knocked loud to wake you.

If they didn’t hear the baby screaming in the room, how do you know they didn’t hear her knock?

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:24 pm
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:

I am a BT myself and when I was newly married I cried if anyone but DH saw my hair.
After I was married awhile and became more comfortable in my frumkeit I stopped being so B&w about it. Ofc my hair is ALWAYS covered, but like the ex. I gave previously with my mother/brother running in when I slept through 30 mins of crying, I didnt get upset like I would have as a kallah.

OP, I understand why you are upset.
Maybe take from this to always wear pjs that cover what need to be covered when at your in laws.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:26 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
It's off to be bothered if someone barges in to your room while you're in bed?

Okay.

She didn’t barge in. She came in to check on a baby who was screaming for 20 minutes, and to make sure the parents were ok. Big difference.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:27 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I still think that she should have rather banged on the door. (And it's extremely unlikely they wouldn't have heard that, even if they don't wake up from the baby.)

How do you know she didn’t? There was a screaming baby AND a sound machine was on....

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 8:29 pm
How did you not hear the baby for 20 minutes, but magically woke up when she came into the room?

I bet she knocked.

Maybe she didn't want to wake up the whole house by banging incessantly on the door. Most likely though she panicked and went to make sure you were all ok. She doesn't care and probably didn't notice your hair.

You should thank her for her concern.

If this happened to me I'd be mortified that I slept through my baby crying for 20 min and someone from another room had to barge in to check on me, than the fact that my hair was showing when my MIL was reacting in an emergency like state.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:10 pm
Agree with everyone above me. It’s not such a big deal for MIL to see your hair as you’re both women. I wonder why your dh was so concerned about his mother seeing your hair at that moment.

ChutzPAh

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:21 pm
The mortifying part isn’t the hair. It’s the baby crying for 20 minutes and you both sleeping through it.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:32 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I am a BT myself and when I was newly married I cried if anyone but DH saw my hair.
After I was married awhile and became more comfortable in my frumkeit I stopped being so B&w about it. Ofc my hair is ALWAYS covered, but like the ex. I gave previously with my mother/brother running in when I slept through 30 mins of crying, I didnt get upset like I would have as a kallah.

OP, I understand why you are upset.
Maybe take from this to always wear pjs that cover what need to be covered when at your in laws.

It has nothing to do with you being BT though but ok

naomi2

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:36 pm
What kind of poison only poisons adults and not babies?
Anyway she should have banged on your door or at the very most peeked in and closed the door if she saw you were still alive.
Its a big breach of privacy
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette