Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Im Mortified!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:51 pm
amother [ Amaryllis ] wrote:
It has nothing to do with you being BT though but ok

alright, thanks for your input.
have a great night

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:52 pm
naomi2 wrote:
What kind of poison only poisons adults and not babies?
Anyway she should have banged on your door or at the very most peeked in and closed the door if she saw you were still alive.
Its a big breach of privacy

she should have peaked in, seen the two of them sleeping, closed the door, and let her grandbaby continue crying until her son and DIL decide to wake up?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 9:59 pm
naomi2 wrote:
What kind of poison only poisons adults and not babies?
Anyway she should have banged on your door or at the very most peeked in and closed the door if she saw you were still alive.
Its a big breach of privacy

She should have peeked and then done what about the screaming baby?

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:00 pm
my dh once told his brother who is married to come into our room he knocked while we were sleeping and dh thought it was one of the kids of course bro in law didn't come in he knew better - he knocked as he needed my dh's assistance with something urgent and I didn't mind. . but it was funny and we laughed about it afterwards! when I go away I always sleep in tznius type clothing and keep a snood right next to me.
your mil did the right thing by checking on you and your baby next time maybe come up with a plan for when you are sleeping and baby is crying.

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:03 pm
OP should have locked the door. period.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:05 pm
We had a scenario like this once at my parents house. I don’t remember if my brother was in shul (maybe Shavuot?) or it was early morn & my niece was crying & crying. We didn’t know what to do till we ended up asking my younger sister then maybe 11-13 years old to go fetch the baby.

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:06 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
I would be very upset if this happened to me too. And I'm neither of those.

Same here. What is wrong with everyone that they're yelling at op? Her mil literally barged into her room. What the heck.

tichellady

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:51 pm
It sounds slightly awkward but not so bad. Sleep deprivation makes us all a little crazy.

amother
Maize

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 10:51 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
also, you didnt wake up of 20 mins crying. why do you think you would have been woken up from her knocking?.

It's a different kind of sound.

Parents get used to hearing their baby cry , but a knock on the door would be so novel, so unusual, it would wake them up.

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:02 pm
The mortifying part is that you didn’t hear the baby.

Still wrong for MIL to barge in.
For all she knew, you were holding the baby, and the baby was just being fussy.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:06 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Same here. What is wrong with everyone that they're yelling at op? Her mil literally barged into her room. What the heck.

her baby was literally crying for 20 mins and she did not hear. what the heck.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:08 pm
amother [ Cantaloupe ] wrote:
her baby was literally crying for 20 mins and she did not hear. what the heck.

What would have happened if they were home?

causemommysaid

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:18 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
What would have happened if they were home?

Mil can't help them being dysfunctional at home but at least she can help when they are at her house.

It is kinda dysfunctional for two able bodied adults to sleep for 20 minutes while a baby screams and then get mad when another adult comes to help....

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 05 2021, 11:20 pm
I guess the real question is if she knocked/banged/called their names or not.
If she did and they still didn't wake up, that's one thing.
But if she didn't, then she is definitely in the wrong.

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:02 am
My thought is if u were mortified, then you were. I can hear it feeling awkward. However, its one thing to let your baby cry so early if its just you. But baby probably woke the entire household besidesthe 2 of you who are used to it & as people who are not around babies so much probably could not stand it to listen to baby scream for so long. I would let it pass, and next time one of you has got to get up yourselves or sleep tznius on purpose if mil is willing to take baby in the morning.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 7:38 am
I'm sorry, I don't understand why you would be mortified that another woman saw your hair uncovered. If it had been your fil, ok, but another woman? It's not as if you were were naked. And if your baby was really shrieking for 20 minutes, what was your mil supposed to do? let him scream the house down? I can assure you that if she looked at you at all it was only to make sure you were still alive. No wonder she thought you were dead. Were you dead drunk? I don't understand how you could sleep through 20 minutes of your own child screaming right in the same room with you. Of course she should have knocked on the door, but how do you know she didn't? You were so alert that you didn't hear your own baby crying, what makes you think you would have heard a knock on the door? Get over it. Rather be ashamed you ignored your crying baby. And if you do, in fact, sleep naked in other people's houses, you're an idiot.

chestnut

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:10 am
If your door was locked, your baby would be crying for who knows how much longer, with your mil banging on the door, trying to wake you up, and that would be much more embarassing.
She's a woman who saw your hair. What's the big deal?

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 8:51 am
It's your hair. Everyone saw it a short time ago. What's the big deal?
There are even opinions that you can uncover in your own home, no matter who is there.
Now if you had been naked *that* would have been mortifying.

Not saying your mil is right. She should have banged till you woke up. But I really don't get being mortified in this situation.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 9:27 am
I would be more embarrassed that my crying baby woke up my MIL than the fact that my MIL saw my hair.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 9:37 am
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
I'm sorry, I don't understand why you would be mortified that another woman saw your hair uncovered. If it had been your fil, ok, but another woman? It's not as if you were were naked. And if your baby was really shrieking for 20 minutes, what was your mil supposed to do? let him scream the house down? I can assure you that if she looked at you at all it was only to make sure you were still alive. No wonder she thought you were dead. Were you dead drunk? I don't understand how you could sleep through 20 minutes of your own child screaming right in the same room with you. Of course she should have knocked on the door, but how do you know she didn't? You were so alert that you didn't hear your own baby crying, what makes you think you would have heard a knock on the door? Get over it. Rather be ashamed you ignored your crying baby. And if you do, in fact, sleep naked in other people's houses, you're an idiot.

Sleep deprivation can do that to you...
I would guess you're not in the baby stage
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette