Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do you pack unhealthy snack for your kids school everyday?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Zehava

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:12 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
But why?????? Truly wondering!!

My kids have a lifetime of eating boring grownup food. Let them enjoy their childhood. I don’t think in the long run they’ll be worse off for it.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:14 am
Zehava wrote:
My kids have a lifetime of eating boring grownup food. Let them enjoy their childhood. I don’t think in the long run they’ll be worse off for it.

but you're setting them up with terrible eating habits for life!!

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:17 am
Zehava wrote:
It may be harming them already. https://pediatrics.aappublicat.....81410

Zehava

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:20 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
but you're setting them up with terrible eating habits for life!!

Yeah I’m not so sure about that. I have terrible eating habits and I didn’t have all of that.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:20 am
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
Its harming them already. https://pediatrics.aappublicat.....81410

Sure sure
I grew up with all of that rhetoric
Basically everything is harmful and we should all eat grass

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:21 am
Zehava wrote:
Sure sure
I grew up with all of that rhetoric
Basically everything is harmful and we should all eat grass

There's a whole lot in between.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:21 am
The people I know with the worst eating habits are those that grew up in super healthy (like obsessed with it) household....

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:22 am
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
The people I know with the worst eating habits are those that grew up in super healthy (like obsessed with it) household....

There is an in between balance. And it isn't called super snacks every day.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:23 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
There is an in between balance. And it isn't called super snacks every day.

We all decide what our balance is

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:24 am
The people I know who eat super snacks (not me, I think they are gross) are those that never ever ate them as a kid.

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:26 am
The people I know who eat super snacks (not me, I think they are gross) are those that never ever ate them as a kid.

Didn't eat them as a kid and don't eat them now. I grew up in a health-conscious balanced home and eat healthfully now, as do almost all of my siblings.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:27 am

For the first couple years after my wedding I literally bought out the grocery’s junk shelves. I drank coke and sprite instead of water. I ate kokosh cake for lunch. Until I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and that’s when I learned balance.
Point is, whole wheat bread, goats milk, and carrot sticks didn’t set me up with healthy eating habits. None of my siblings have healthy eating habits.

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:29 am
Zehava wrote:
For the first couple years after my wedding I literally bought out the grocery’s junk shelves. I drank coke and sprite instead of water. I ate kokosh cake for lunch. Until I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and that’s when I learned balance.
Point is, whole wheat bread, goats milk, and carrot sticks didn’t set me up with healthy eating habits. None of my siblings have healthy eating habits.

It sounds like taste and treats were sacrificed for health. Some choose healthier options of normal kid food or treats as opposed to carrot sticks and celery all.day for snack.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:31 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
It sounds like taste and treats were sacrificed for health. Some choose healthier options of normal kid food or treats as opposed to carrot sticks and celery all.day for snack.

Yeah well it seems op is all about the carrot sticks

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 12:32 am
There are so many delicious, tasty fun snacks on the market today that aren’t terrible for your health.

amother
Obsidian

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:01 am
My kids all love fruits and veggies.
But they would revolt if that was all they got for snack.
I think most kids are bringing a unhealthy snack every day.

amother
Sage

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:05 am
My oldest had a lot of sensory issues with different foods when he was younger. While he doesn't have any allergies, he often projectile vomited from certain smells and textures. He won't eat fruits or vegetables and he also likes very few snacks. He was taking peanut butter sandwiches, potato chips, peanut butter crackers, and cookies to school every day. He has a great breakfast and a great dinner, but for lunch that was what worked. He doesn't like food in thermoses and doesn't like other kinds of sandwiches. In camp now he takes yogurt because the camp is nut free and I finally got him to eat apples.

My second son loves fruits and vegetables. His ideal lunch would be lettuce and celery. I try to give him mostly healthy foods but also add a snack bag in as a treat. He is also very limited with what he can bring because of some severe allergies in his class so he ends up with yogurt most days.

My youngest likes a large variety of stuff. Her lunches are a mix of fruits and vegetables and other healthy foods and sometimes snack bags.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:07 am
Zehava wrote:

I completely disagree with you. I was also brought up with health foods such as whole wheat bread though I have to admit I never saw goats milk.... might have actually been better for me though as I have lactose intolerance.

Sadly my eating habits changed over the years (it's harder to eat healthy when noone is cooking for you and unhealthy food is just so much quicker...) and I gained weight. I still don't think there's any harm in trying to eat healthy. Some people can eat whatever they want and stay thin. I'm not one of them. And obesity is very unhealthy.

Zehava

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 1:16 am
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
I completely disagree with you. I was also brought up with health foods such as whole wheat bread though I have to admit I never saw goats milk.... might have actually been better for me though as I have lactose intolerance.

Sadly my eating habits changed over the years (it's harder to eat healthy when noone is cooking for you and unhealthy food is just so much quicker...) and I gained weight. I still don't think there's any harm in trying to eat healthy. Some people can eat whatever they want and stay thin. I'm not one of them. And obesity is very unhealthy.

You disagree with what exactly? With my experience?

notshanarishona

Post Wed, Jul 07 2021, 4:01 am
I send my daughter with one healthy and one unhealthy snack a day . Some Reasons are (1) I don’t want her to stick out (2) she is so busy talking/ playing at snack time that unless she really likes the food she won’t eat it and comes home starving, (3) we aren’t worried about her weight by any stretch of the imagination, if anything she needs to gain so let her enjoy indulging while she can as long as it doesn’t make her overly hyper , (4) unhealthy snacks are faster , more convenient and typically cheaper .
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children