Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Developmental pediatrician for autism NY NJ ,ASAP , ideas?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:17 pm
Dc possible asd but local pcp doesn’t know need diagnosis if to get services
Anyone know any developmental pediatrician or neuropsychologist to assist with this ?
Rockland county but willing to travel and private pay need ASAP so no one with crazy wait times
TIA

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dc possible asd but local pcp doesn’t know need diagnosis if to get services
Anyone know any developmental pediatrician or neuropsychologist to assist with this ?
Rockland county but willing to travel and private pay need ASAP so no one with crazy wait times
TIA

I just used Dr. Abraham Friedman. He does intake for rayim too.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:34 pm
I used someone in Staten Island, recommended by SIUH. I think she was associated with Northwell Health. I can't remember who though, it was years ago. Wonder if someone here would know?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:36 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I just used Dr. Abraham Friedman. He does intake for rayim too.

Googled it don’t see a dr in this name do you have phone number or is official doc name under different name ? Thanks !

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 1:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Googled it don’t see a dr in this name do you have phone number or is official doc name under different name ? Thanks !

718-510-2109

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 2:32 pm
You don’t need a asd diagnosis unless you specifically want aba. We had a boe psych eval and they wrote learning disability and developmental delays.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 3:40 pm
ABA is abuse. Please do your research before you traumatize your child.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 3:50 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
ABA is abuse. Please do your research before you traumatize your child.

Did I mention aba ?! Wink I'm not looking into aba specifically but other stuff ... Thanks

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 3:56 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
You don’t need a asd diagnosis unless you specifically want aba. We had a boe psych eval and they wrote learning disability and developmental delays.

You get more services overall with an asd diagnoses

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:00 pm
Ridiculous comment. Aba is what children on the spectrum need the other therapies don't make a dent. Intense 1:1 is very good for rewiring the brain.
Op I used dr. Randy huron (woman) in hackensack and I believe she did take our insurance. Good luck!

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:19 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Ridiculous comment. Aba is what children on the spectrum need the other therapies don't make a dent. Intense 1:1 is very good for rewiring the brain.
Op I used dr. Randy huron (woman) in hackensack and I believe she did take our insurance. Good luck!

What are autistic kids? Aliens? Why the heck do their brains need to be rewired and trained like a dog? It's so abusive and many adults who have gone through ABA have PTSD from it. But it's all fine because rewiring them makes YOUR life comfortable. Who cares about your kids feelings and thoughts and comfort. Who cares, they are just some weird alien who doesn't comprehend and feel.

Autism isn't the evil thing that we need to cure, God made us all different. Let's learn to celebrate that.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Did I mention aba ?! Wink I'm not looking into aba specifically but other stuff ... Thanks

Just letting you know before you get into it.

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:22 pm
ABA is amazing when done properly and early enough. It works.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 4:27 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
ABA is amazing when done properly and early enough. It works.

Just because it "works" doesn't mean it isn't abusive, harmful, neglectful, forces children to ignore their thoughts and feelings.

I mean letting your baby cry for 7 hours also makes the baby stop crying. So in a way letting your baby cry for hours on end "works" to fix the problem of your crying baby, by teaching them no one cares and no one will come.

ABA is just like that.

Are autistic people worth less than babies?

amother
Eggshell

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 5:37 pm
Just because it "works" doesn't mean it isn't abusive, harmful, neglectful, forces children to ignore their thoughts and feelings.

I mean letting your baby cry for 7 hours also makes the baby stop crying. So in a way letting your baby cry for hours on end "works" to fix the problem of your crying baby, by teaching them no one cares and no one will come.

ABA is just like that.

Are autistic people worth less than babies?

It's not. My son had ABA and he loved his therapist. She was a Psychologist expert in ABA, my son enjoyed the sessions.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 5:47 pm
amother [ Eggshell ] wrote:
It's not. My son had ABA and he loved his therapist. She was a Psychologist expert in ABA, my son enjoyed the sessions.

I know many people with masters in Psychology who are against ABA. There's a small percentage of people who use ABA without abuse. But it's very hard to when the base, principles, and person who invented ABA looked at autistic people like a dog to train.

The person who invented ABA said autistic people aren't actual people. He also used electric shock therapy and believed it was useful as well to rewire autistic kids.

At the end of the day ABA is based on the idea that there's something intrinsically wrong with being autistic and autistic people are wrong or broken and we must fix them.

That's a terrible way to look at your child

https://autisticmama.com/even-.....atic/

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 5:57 pm
Ofc there is something intrinsically wrong with the autistic brain. How is this even questionable. Autism is edited. If you open an autistic brain you will find an overgrowth of neurons, an excess of propionic acid which clouds the brain and drugs it and hypoperfusion of areas linked to emotions and impulse control and attention. This is not a different brain, this is a brain that is not functioning as it should be. So what is your solution for a child who cannot function because he grabs food impulsively, will not engage in any form of sociall connectedness etc. Just accept it? Aba trains the brain to attend and follow instructions thus rewiring damaged areas.

amother
Clematis

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 6:01 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Ofc there is something intrinsically wrong with the autistic brain. How is this even questionable. Autism is brain damage. If you open an autistic brain you will find an overgrowth of neurons, an excess of propionic acid which clouds the brain and drugs it and hypoperfusion of areas linked to emotions and impulse control and attention. This is not a different brain, this is a brain that is not functioning as it should be. So what is your solution for a child who cannot function because he grabs food impulsively, will not engage in any form of sociall connectedness etc. Just accept it? Aba trains the brain to attend and follow instructions thus rewiring damaged areas.

Okay. Will try to get over the fact you just said I'm brain damaged. Sad Um okay.

Autistic people are beautiful and amazing and don't need to be cured.

You clearly know nothing of autism. Do you think people with ADHD are brain damaged as well? There's a lot of overlap between the two.

What about someone with a personality disorder? Or OCD? Or Bipolar?

Behavior can be changed and worked on in other ways besides ABA.

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 6:26 pm
What are autistic kids? Aliens? Why the heck do their brains need to be rewired and trained like a dog? It's so abusive and many adults who have gone through ABA have PTSD from it. But it's all fine because rewiring them makes YOUR life comfortable. Who cares about your kids feelings and thoughts and comfort. Who cares, they are just some weird alien who doesn't comprehend and feel.

Autism isn't the evil thing that we need to cure, God made us all different. Let's learn to celebrate that.

Can you please stop.

Stars

Post Thu, Jul 08 2021, 6:29 pm
Wow.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics