Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Brownie cake - help me please!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 8:56 pm
Hi, have any of you ever baked several Duncan Heinz brownie mixes in round pans, and used the round brownie cakes as layers for a chocolate simcha style cake? (Meaning a layered cake with buttercream between the layers). I just baked 3 round brownie cakes and would like to assemble the layers for a cake for a simcha buffet this Shabbos, but I'm starting to be concerned the density of the brownies will make the cake complicated for people to cut through...did any of you ever try this? Tia

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 9:07 pm
Bump

ila

Post Tue, Jul 13 2021, 9:37 pm
Never tried, but maybe you could make rifles in small cups with it?if no one knows if it works…

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:25 am
Why use brownie mix? Why not use a rich chocolate cake mix instead?

TBH I think a layered brownie "cake" would be far too rich, and you're right, it would be hard to slice without squashing it and having the buttercream ooze out all over the place. JMHO.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 10:55 am
I've done it with the Devils Cake Mix and it worked out great! I actually like to do the recipe, with 4 eggs, 1 cup orange juice and add an instant chocolate pudding in addition to the oil specified I think I add a bit of oil as well, into it and it comes out super delicious. It's a great cheat cake! Smile

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 14 2021, 11:04 am
OP, did you bake them the cakier way with 3 eggs or the denser way with 2?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen