Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toys and games for toddler for plane ride

suomynona

Post Sat, Mar 29 2008, 3:50 pm
I'm looking for ideas of toys to bring for my 2 1/2 year old son to keep him occupied on a long plane ride.

thanks

shopaholic

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:08 am
I'm getting mini magna doodles (are they still called that) for 5.99 each at target for my kids
Plus, a small box of crayons each & a coloring book. maybe one of those books that comes with a white marker & when you color, it comes up. How about Crayola color wonder stuff - no mess! I may also take a few mini tubs of play doh. Then, I hope they'll sleep - we have a late flight.

Newsie

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:13 am
I went to a crafts store and asked them what would be a good non-messy project to occupy my kids on a long flight. They gave me a few things. You can try your local arts and crafts store. Does he do stickers? If he does, bring blank paper and that occupies my kids for a while. Bring crayons and paper or a pesach coloring book. Books. Maybe a mini connect four and just have him put the checkers in and watch them come out.

suomynona

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 1:44 pm
I like the stickers idea. That sounds up his alley.

Akeres Habayis

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 3:28 pm
newsie that's a great idea the connect 4 my dd who is 15months loves to put money in the puske so I always have to take some out for her to reenter.
thanks for the tips!!!

yo'ma

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 3:59 pm
I've gone on long flights with my children quite a few times Help and we always took a red eye so they slept most of the time Rolling Eyes . We gave each kid their own backpack with a little bit of nosh, crayons, coloring book, reading book, and depend on the age for whatever else. I don't know where you're leaving from, but I went to amazing savings and saw what they had.

SingALong

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:22 pm
STICKERS!!!! or bandaids,
I got for my DD small prizes and toys that were cheap and disposable. so at the end of the flight you arent scrambling to collect everything.
other ideas: pack of cards, slinky, fidgeties liek squish ball and stuff. nothing with noise cuz that disturbs the ppl next to you.
and if your kid enjoys it, a portable dvd player with his dvd's.
good luck

yo'ma

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:24 pm
Oh yeah, I forgot, each kid had their own walkman.

Last edited by yo'ma on Wed, Apr 02 2008, 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 10:59 am
Oh yeah, DS will take his game boy & MP3 player. Plus, we'll have our laptop (unless we put it in the suitcase) & we have a portable DVD player. maybe we'll take that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics