Home

Has anyone taken the extended release caffeine pills?
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:36 pm
I just picked some up for tisha bav but was shocked to see there’s 175 mg caffeine. That’s like 3 cups worth and I don’t have that much on a regular day. Will it make me feel sick to take it then?
Back to top

amother




Freesia
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:38 pm
I tried it once and almost needed hatzolah. I felt very dizzy and absolutely awful from when it started to kick in. I couldn't move.
Back to top

amother




Tuberose
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:47 pm
I take it every year and it works for me. I usually have only one coffee a day but if I go without, I get a headache. These pills prevent the headache, and I never experienced it being too much caffeine. I guess slow release, it's not releasing all the caffeine at once
Back to top

Cmon be nice




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:49 pm
Take it before every fast. Really helps
Back to top

thunderstorm




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:54 pm
DH takes it and he finds it really helps him not have a migraine
Back to top

denise1




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:56 pm
I recommend the slow release acetaminophen pills. My husband must have coffee otherwise he gets a headache. Ever since he started taking these before a fast, he fasts amazing.
Back to top

amother




Steel
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 4:58 pm
I have taken it and it helps with not getting a migraine.

Keep in mind that it's slow release so it's not all that caffeine going in at once.
Back to top

mommy9




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:09 pm
amother [ Tuberose ] wrote:
I take it every year and it works for me. I usually have only one coffee a day but if I go without, I get a headache. These pills prevent the headache, and I never experienced it being too much caffeine. I guess slow release, it's not releasing all the caffeine at once

Same here. I didn't sleep the next night but it might have been in my mind that I knew I was full of caffeine.
Back to top

yidishmamma




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 5:42 pm
denise1 wrote:
I recommend the slow release acetaminophen pills. My husband must have coffee otherwise he gets a headache. Ever since he started taking these before a fast, he fasts amazing.


Wanted to get this but forgot . Hopefully will be ok without it ( never tried it yet )
Back to top

amother




Strawberry
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:08 pm
mommy9 wrote:
Same here. I didn't sleep the next night but it might have been in my mind that I knew I was full of caffeine.

That's what I was wondering.
I'm super sensitive to caffeine but if we take it at night before fast start how does it work?
Back to top

Surrendered




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:40 pm
If someone needs it in Monsey, I purchased some extra for you. Pm me
Back to top

amother




Amethyst
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 6:47 pm
I take both the caffeine and the Motrin
Game changer
I’m able to function and Daven
I’ve been taking it for years
The only thing I noticed the last 2 times I started waking up around 3:30 am, wide wide awake, I guess the caffeine kicked in early
But the benefits out weigh this side affect.
Back to top

mommy9




 
 
 
 

Post Fri, Jul 16 2021, 7:21 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
That's what I was wondering.
I'm super sensitive to caffeine but if we take it at night before fast start how does it work?

It doesn't start releasing caffeine till 12 hours later. It was the night after the fast that I didn't sleep but I thought it was worth it
Back to top

cat81




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 1:17 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just picked some up for tisha bav but was shocked to see there’s 175 mg caffeine. That’s like 3 cups worth and I don’t have that much on a regular day. Will it make me feel sick to take it then?


I think you’re referring to delayed release ones from Canada, yes?

Extended release ones start working immediately but releases the caffeine slowly throughout the day.
Back to top

amother




Sage
 

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:50 am
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
I take both the caffeine and the Motrin
Game changer
I’m able to function and Daven
I’ve been taking it for years
The only thing I noticed the last 2 times I started waking up around 3:30 am, wide wide awake, I guess the caffeine kicked in early
But the benefits out weigh this side affect.

Ha! I'm wide awake now! Its 330 am!
Back to top

amother




Bluebell
 

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:53 am
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Ha! I'm wide awake now! Its 330 am!


Same. Woke up at 3 to feed baby. Now can't sleep arrrrrrgh
Back to top

amother




Ivory
 

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:55 am
amother [ Sage ] wrote:
Ha! I'm wide awake now! Its 330 am!
[b]

Me too. I usually am flat out exhausted at 9:30 pm 🤣
Back to top

amother




Darkblue
 

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 3:57 am
Where do you buy these?
Back to top

Moonlight




 
 
 
 

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 4:13 am
amother [ Darkblue ] wrote:
Where do you buy these?

Kollel.com
Back to top

amother




Teal
 

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 7:58 am
Anyone know of a similar pill available elsewhere at a lower price then $18? Can’t believe amazon doesn’t sell
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Can I take kali tzom and slow release caffeine pill?
by amother
7 Thu, Sep 16 2021, 2:30 pm View last post
Slow release Tylenol pills 3 Wed, Sep 15 2021, 11:02 am View last post
by bsy
Tylenol caffeine suppositories
by amother
6 Tue, Sep 14 2021, 11:51 pm View last post
Caffeine suppository in monsey
by amother
1 Tue, Sep 14 2021, 10:25 pm View last post
Slow release Tylenol - Boro park/ Flatbush
by amother
1 Mon, Sep 13 2021, 8:08 pm View last post