Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How much do you pay your cleaning lady (in New York)?

anon

Post Sat, Mar 29 2008, 9:59 pm
I was just wondering what the going rate is for a cleaning lady. I called someone that was recommended, and she charges $20/hour. I was surprised, since I'm pretty sure my mother pays her cleaning lady around $10/hour. Can you please post what you pay, and where in New York you live? If you feel uncomfortable posting your location, feel free to post anonymously.

If it makes a difference, I'm interested in a one-time job for about 4 hours.

TIA

amother

Post Sat, Mar 29 2008, 10:05 pm
lived in kensington until a couple of months ago and paid $9/hour

yo'ma

Post Sat, Mar 29 2008, 10:05 pm
When I was living in bklyn, ny, I paid $8 an hour, about 1 1/2 years ago. She came once a week for 7 hours. I was paying a good price. I believe the going rate is $10 and over. (Now I pay much less Very Happy )

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Mar 29 2008, 10:07 pm
Ooo anon, def. not $20/hr! Maybe $12? I think I paid a flat fee once I told her what I wanted - floors, bathroom, kitchen, etc. It avergaed out to around 12/hr. She charges more if she has to move stuff and clean under them, like couches, fridges, take out every book from the book case and clean it.

chayitty

Post Sat, Mar 29 2008, 11:33 pm
I pay $10 in boropark....I know that there r still some people paying 9 and I know of an agency that takes 8...but u have to pay transportation....

anon

Post Sat, Mar 29 2008, 11:53 pm
Thanks for the responses.

OK, I don't know what this cleaning lady is thinking. If she can find jobs that pay $20 an hour, then yay for her. Now I just need to continue looking for someone else...

happyone

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 1:17 am
I pay eight dollars. no transportation or hidden fees.

supermommy

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 8:51 am
I used to have cleaning help for 8 an hr. but I also paid for transportation. Now I pay 10 an hour. I live in brooklyn.

shopaholic

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:01 am
I pay $9 but have paid $10 in the past.

YALT

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:26 am
Most take about $10 in CH.
Although I have seen for $8 as well as $12.
The one I have normally makes $18-25/hour. But she gave me a break and only charges $10.

MahPitom

Post Sun, Mar 30 2008, 9:37 am
If you pick a lady off the street, you pay $8 flat. If you get one through an agency, it’s $10 plus lunch & transpiration. What a pain! Just walk to the nearest construction site and ask Jose if he has an Amigo that needs a travajo …
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics