Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Julia Haart's 14 y.o. son, Aron, is the real star, IMHO.
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

vintagebknyc

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:10 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
They always had a TV so I don't see how that part of the storyline makes sense. Unless after Julia moved out, the Julias ex suddenly got rid of it, but I highly doubt it.

Hes in a coed school, so the not speaking to girls storyline doesn't quite make sense either...

Pretty sure he’s at Frisch

icebreaker

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:12 pm
He seems like a real sweetheart.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:55 pm
NotInNJMommy wrote:
There’s a lot of assumptions, broad brushing, speculation, and conjecture in your assertions about someone you don’t even know.

Really?

Name ONE practicing Orthodox Jew in a reality show that even touches upon the the topic of Zex and and the recommendation of use of Zex toys.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 9:57 pm
Seems a lot of people here are new to "reality tv". Lots of it is staged and contrived. I was reading a producer talk about how in that awful kitchen scene the audio is clearly cut and edited, that it doesn't flow.

I think people are also commenting maybe without watching? The "story" is that Aron went to a yeshivish camp, broke up with his gf, and doesn't talk to girls. He'll be going to a mo school. His mother is happy with him being mo on the show. She's encouraging him in that direction.

At one point in conversation with his father, Aron says something like "we used to be yeshivish, now we're modern Orthodox, what happened?" So clearly the father has changed too.

Not sure why people are up in arms about the father being on the show. He comes across as super sweet. Seems like a great father.

I didn't see many blatant lies about the community although I can't speak to how she was raised (and neither can most people here). The only straight lie I saw was that woman can't get divorced, and I thought it's not true because it lacks nuance. What is true is that in some more right wing communities divorced women and their children will be treated differently to the point where some women choose to stay in terrible relationships.

All that said, this is clearly intended to be Reality TV trash, no better than any Real Housewives show. Packaged up in a contrived happy ending in the last season, with the perfect narcissistic main character as a lead. (Every reality show has one of these, they bring the drama, are a character people love to hate-watch, and either don't care or don't process why they should be embarrassed to come across like that.)

I hope Robert has a spin-off. He has such an interesting story.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:00 pm
amother [ Clematis ] wrote:
I actually give Julia credit for not alienating her kids from their father. She was the one who invited him and didnt tell the kids that he is coming (which was manipulative and sneaky on her part). So many divorced people bash their ex to the kids but in this case it seems like they are able to co-parent and get along even having dinner together. Its a weird dynamic for sure and its possible that the ex is going along with it to ensure he doesnt lose his kids altogether but it also shows that he wasnt abusive towards Julia and didnt withhold a get or the kids from her (after she abandoned them) so not sure what the real problem was in this marriage. Maybe the book or a second season will delve into this deeper.

Julia was the one who abandoned the kids in the first place.
She left Batsheva to be their mother while she was gone.
Aron was only 7.

If anything I give the dad credit for not badmouthing Julia.
I don't see another reason why the kids forgave her.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:02 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
They always had a TV so I don't see how that part of the storyline makes sense. Unless after Julia moved out, the Julias ex suddenly got rid of it, but I highly doubt it.

Hes in a coed school, so the not speaking to girls storyline doesn't quite make sense either...

After he came back from camp he said he will no longer watch TV, or speak to girls.
He was switching schools that September and was very unhappy about it.

(According to the storyline they give.)

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:04 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Julia was the one who abandoned the kids in the first place.
She left Batsheva to be their mother while she was gone.
Aron was only 7.

If anything I give the dad credit for not badmouthing Julia.

The voice of reason, Thank You.

SafeAtLast wrote:
I don't see another reason why the kids forgave her.

That still puzzles me.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:05 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Seems a lot of people here are new to "reality tv". Lots of it is staged and contrived. I was reading a producer talk about how in that awful kitchen scene the audio is clearly cut and edited, that it doesn't flow.

I think people are also commenting maybe without watching? The "story" is that Aron went to a yeshivish camp, broke up with his gf, and doesn't talk to girls. He'll be going to a mo school. His mother is happy with him being mo on the show. She's encouraging him in that direction.

At one point in conversation with his father, Aron says something like "we used to be yeshivish, now we're modern Orthodox, what happened?" So clearly the father has changed too.

Not sure why people are up in arms about the father being on the show. He comes across as super sweet. Seems like a great father.

I didn't see many blatant lies about the community although I can't speak to how she was raised (and neither can most people here). The only straight lie I saw was that woman can't get divorced, and I thought it's not true because it lacks nuance. What is true is that in some more right wing communities divorced women and their children will be treated differently to the point where some women choose to stay in terrible relationships.

All that said, this is clearly intended to be Reality TV trash, no better than any Real Housewives show. Packaged up in a contrived happy ending in the last season, with the perfect narcissistic main character as a lead. (Every reality show has one of these, they bring the drama, are a character people love to hate-watch, and either don't care or don't process why they should be embarrassed to come across like that.)

I hope Robert has a spin-off. He has such an interesting story.

Aron didn’t break up with a girlfriend. He was talking to a girl for 3 months and she was his girlfriend but shomer negiaa. After camp he decided that it’s not right to have a girlfriend and wanted to go to a yeshivish school. His parents put him in a MO against his will.

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:07 pm
I honestly don’t understand all the analyzing of this show. It’s a SHOW. They call it reality TV and they want you to think it’s real….but it’s most definitely not accurate. They’ll say whatever sells. None of us have any clue what the actual situation is.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Really?

Name ONE practicing Orthodox Jew in a reality show that even touches upon the the topic of Zex and and the recommendation of use of Zex toys.

I jumped in to address the assertion that the ex husband was a victim vs a free adult of mostly adult children making his own choice to be on the show.

What she wants to talk about, whether I think it normal or appropriate has nothing to do with it.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:11 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
I think Aron didn’t cave in. I think the producer made him say that he agrees with his mother at the end of the show. For the ratings.

I guess in real life he did. Although this party may have been his mother's doing, because on his instagram page there are no girls.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:20 pm
Please take down that picture. It is unfair to the other children to be up here and displayed on imamother. They did not give you consent to post it and it is not fair to drag them in.
(Yes, I am personally invested -unwilling to specify further)

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:29 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Please take down that picture. It is unfair to the other children to be up here and displayed on imamother. They did not give you consent to post it and it is not fair to drag them in.
(Yes, I am personally invested -unwilling to specify further)

You are right. I blurred the faces.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:31 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
You are right. I blurred the faces.

It would be menchlich on your part to just take it down. You are not proving any points by having it up and I can still identify the children.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:32 pm
It would be menchlich on your part to just take it down. You are not proving any points by having it up and I can still identify the children.

Is is up on the internet on Julia Haarts page for the entire world to see.
I doubt anyone cares about the other kids in the photo, and it in fact does prove my point.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:35 pm
I asked you as a favor to please take it down. I don’t see why keeping it up trumps treating me with respect.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:36 pm
I asked you as a favor to please take it down. I don’t see why keeping it up trumps treating me with respect.

So Julia Haart put it up for the entire world to see, and youre upset about it being on Ima?

Btw, does Julia think these kids are fundamentalists, because they keep Shabbos and keep kosher and guys wear yarmulkas?

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:37 pm
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
I honestly don’t understand all the analyzing of this show. It’s a SHOW. They call it reality TV and they want you to think it’s real….but it’s most definitely not accurate. They’ll say whatever sells. None of us have any clue what the actual situation is.

I agree that it's only a fake show, but people love analyzing shows, fact or fiction. For some, that's half the fun lol. Look at Reddit, there are forums and endless threads discussing the Real Housewives.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 10:43 pm
Quote:
picture removed by mod. Please do not repost. Yes, I know Instagram is public but so is this thread and it doesn't seem right to screenshot and upload pictures making it easier for the world to find. Let whoever is interested go to Instagram themselves.

Thank you

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jul 18 2021, 11:04 pm
WhatFor wrote:
I agree that it's only a fake show, but people love analyzing shows, fact or fiction. For some, that's half the fun lol. Look at Reddit, there are forums and endless threads discussing the Real Housewives.

Her having a non Jewish husband and her daughter in bad with a non Jew is not fake. We saw it
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics