Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Marine park?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 7:27 am
hi, so this is one of the areas were interested in. Can someone who lives there help me with some basic info?
first of all, are there different areas where there are different "types" of ppl living? or is it small enough that its kindof one big mix?
is it similar to flatbush in "lifestyle" etc? We DO like flatbush, but homes in marine park are apparently cheaper right?
can you tell me some zip codes I should be searching for? What are the blocks that border the neighborhood?
any other info would be greatly appreciated.

rb

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 10:32 am
Where in Marine Park?
There are some blocks that are very Jewish, and some that are not. You have to do your research.
It IS Flatbush, so you have the same type of people living there as in the heart of Flatbush, except for the fact that the houses are a little cheaper since it's a little bit removed from the center of town

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 7:22 pm
I've looked at houses in marine park and at this point I would not say that the houses are cheaper there, they are cheaper in the sense that they are smaller, but if you would take the same house in the heart of flatbush then the price would be about the same, marine park was a great deal years ago when it was up and coming, but now it became very desirable for young families and that really drove up the prices there...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 7:26 pm
The Zip code is 11234. I moved here about 3 yrs ago I love it I moved from flatbush there are alot of young families with kids. There is the begining of marine park (low 30's) and upper marine park closer to flatbush ave which is more of a community. I hope I was a help.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 31 2008, 8:22 pm
I have been in Marine Park for three years now. It has spread out considerably, so that there are Jewish families living from the low letters, low numbers (I.e., East 31 and Avenue P) through the higher letters, higher numbers (I.e., East 38th Avenue T). In the lower letter lower number part it is more "Flatbush like" in that many of the blocks are fairly saturated with frum Jews. As you move towards the higher letters and numbers it is decidedly unFlatbush like in that it is very mixed.

We moved to this part of Marine Park from Flatbush, and initially it took me a lot of getting used to. x-mas decorations, Easter, etc, block parties, non frum neighbors.... I am purposely giving you all the details because I'm sure you want a full picture.

However, after a year of feeling out of place, I am absolutely thrilled with our choice. What is the most wonderful part of our experience is that because the area is mixed, we know every frum family on our block, the next block, around the corner, two blocks down, etc. This area has an out of town feeling in the sense that different types of Jews meet and come together, there is vey little judgement or distinctions at our shul based on material differences, I.e., you wear a hat, I wear a sheitl, your daughter goes to Prospect, mine goes to Shulamis. Since we've been here, our block has gotten three new Frum families, and so have the surrounding blocks. The park itself is an amazing resource, the neighbors are quiet, clean and respectful.

For what it's worth, this has been MY experience here. I don't doubt that you may hear differently from others, as this is simply the reality, different peoples' experiences and reactions can vary drastically. Keep asking around....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating