Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If it was up to you where should they go? So
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:22 am
PinkFridge wrote:
But you have this. You have people moving to Manchester (Lakewood) and new suburbs of Monsey.

It's only a small percentage. The large majority are squeezing into already cramped places.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:24 am
PinkFridge wrote:
But you have this. You have people moving to Manchester (Lakewood) and new suburbs of Monsey.

No, not really. Especially chassidish people that want to be close to shuls & shopping. And not all schools give transportation far out. Majority people moving out want to be in overcrowded main Monsey.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:26 am
There are many possibilities of places to go

The sky is the limit

There are many growing frum communities

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:27 am
I don't think that the Tampa community is happening from what I hear. The neighborhood that we are planning to move into in Florida has a nice big Chabad shul and a Chabad school and the local Walmart grocery store has kosher food, cholev Yisroel, etc and there is some kosher food delivery from a larger community about half an hour away. There is a frum presence but the frum people are definitely a minority and fly under the radar.
There is a rush hour but it's not all day like in Monsey.
The traffic can also get really backed up on Fridays in the Catskills. The locals view us as revenue and a necessary nuisance.

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:28 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
No, not really. Especially chassidish people that want to be close to shuls & shopping. And not all schools give transportation far out. Majority people moving out want to be in overcrowded main Monsey.

Interesting. So it is chassidish women (& men) that don't drive that are the source of this type of frustration? Since they cannot move far out, they will continue to settle in the center of town wherever they move. Maybe initiatives to encourage all men & women to drive can help resolve these issues.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:31 am
Hi all, I didn't mean to start a nasty thread!
I understand the hardships going on, not so simple to tell people to roll up sleeves and start new schools? Correct me if I'm wrong
I'm just a regular good frum person trying my best that is working hard to save for a down-payment and wants to buy a house somewhere affordable. Believe me you would not want to send your kids to a school I open lol it's just not my strength!!
And I definitely don't have extra money to sponsor a new school!

On another note , I hear people are moving out to Jackson and Tom's river and outer places in monsey, I know that doesn't solve the school problem

So back to my original question, where should people like me go and won't be spoken about and other people be so angry at Just for the mere fact that I moved there?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:36 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Interesting. So it is chassidish women (& men) that don't drive that are the source of this type of frustration? Since they cannot move far out, they will continue to settle in the center of town wherever they move. Maybe initiatives to encourage all men & women to drive can help resolve these issues.

I wish we'd be allowed to drive. But I don't think that us being allowed to drive would solve the issue. Chassidim will still want to stay in center of town. As long as housing is being built, move gezunterheit. But contribute to the community & schools instead of expecting to be served. Instead of complaining that they're not being accommodated with outstretched arms, be ready to contribute and put in the work.

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
Perhaps if your own fellow brothers & sisters are saying the same thing, then the complaints are valid and not anti-semitic?

Wrong. Those were known as capos during the holocaust. You never have an excuse to toe the anti Semitic line even if you’re Jewish. Think Soros. Bernie Sanders.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:38 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I wish we'd be allowed to drive. But I don't think that us being allowed to drive would solve the issue. Chassidim will still want to stay in center of town. As long as housing is being built, everyone is welcome. But contribute to the community & schools instead of expecting to be served. Instead of complaining that they're not being accommodated with outstretched arms, be ready to contribute and put in the work.

Can you be more specific?

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi all, I didn't mean to start a nasty thread!
I understand the hardships going on, not so simple to tell people to roll up sleeves and start new schools? Correct me if I'm wrong
I'm just a regular good frum person trying my best that is working hard to save for a down-payment and wants to buy a house somewhere affordable. Believe me you would not want to send your kids to a school I open lol it's just not my strength!!
And I definitely don't have extra money to sponsor a new school!

On another note , I hear people are moving out to Jackson and Tom's river and outer places in monsey, I know that doesn't solve the school problem

So back to my original question, where should people like me go and won't be spoken about and other people be so angry at Just for the mere fact that I moved there?

It's not only about schools. It's about the traffic, congestion, and overwhelming the infrastructure. And it isn't expected that every person should open new schools. It is expected that they either contribute to their new environment in some way, whether it's opening a shop in the area, or being counted as minyan in a small new shul. If people in new areas are willing to pool their talent and abilities, things happen. Instead of moving in with demands and expectations, people should move in with a contributing attitude. They should also be willing to accept that they need to deal with some inconveniences while the new neighborhood is being built up.

Schools is a separate issue for itself. It's something that all of our communities, in-town and OOT, need to deal with. B"H we are growing by leaps and bounds, and there isn't the infrastructure to accommodate the people in their respective towns, let alone newcomers.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:40 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[/b]

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Wrong. Those were known as capos during the holocaust. You never have an excuse to toe the anti Semitic line even if you’re Jewish. Think Soros. Bernie Sanders.

So, if I understand correctly, if any of us raise concerns by something that is troubling our neighborhoods, we are equal to the capos during the holocaust?

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[/b]

Just a small example; When the mikvah, school, shul... ask for money towards building expenses, give the money instead of complaining what chutzpah it is that they're asking for money.
Be willing to send to smaller start up schools instead of the overcrowded one's.
Be willing to move a little further out and daven in a shul that isn't so established.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:44 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:

I assume you don't live in the communities that are having these issues.
Raising valid concerns isn't anti semitism.

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:44 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
When the mikvah, school, shul... ask for money towards building expenses, give the money instead of complaining what chutzpah it is that they're asking for money.

And don't start petitioning the boards to add sidewalks to our rural streets. This is a not a city, and we like the rural/suburban set up. And accept the idea that your kids will be dropped off at the corner of your street, instead of demanding multiple buses drive into your street and drop off the kids at your front door.

amother
Aster

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:47 am
Wow I am shocked.
Such a sad thread.
Still a free world. Move to wherever you want. Hopefully people will greet you with ahavas yisroel ahavas chinam. No matter what issues the community may be having.
Hatzlocha

amother
Firethorn

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:49 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Wow I am shocked.
Such a sad thread.
Still a free world. Move to wherever you want. Hopefully people will greet you with ahavas yisroel ahavas chinam. No matter what issues the community may be having.
Hatzlocha

I can love my fellow neighbors and greet them with ahavas yisroel, and still be upset overall about the large volume moving in. It's not a contradiction.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:51 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Wow I am shocked.
Such a sad thread.
Hatzlocha

Yes me too, I am so shocked and sad

Jewish families are growing and multiplying so much bh ,wasn't that supposed to be a good thing?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:53 am
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
I can love my fellow neighbors and greet them with ahavas yisroel, and still be upset overall about the large volume moving in. It's not a contradiction.

Firethorn, evidently people haven't read Avrohom Birnbaum's pieces on the subject of stretched beyond infrastructure. He's not a kapo.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 10:57 am
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Wow I am shocked.
Such a sad thread.
Hatzlocha

Again, we all love our neighbors. Yes, everyone is free to move where they please. But we're allowed to discuss serious issues going on in the communities.
Instead of yelling anti semitism and sinas chinam, don't participate in this thread because it obviously doesn't apply to you and you don't understand what's going on.
Sinas chinam and lack of ahavas yisroel doesn't come in here. If something, people moving out with entitled attitudes are lacking ahavas yisroel.
It's fun to be yelling anti semites and sinas chinam, especially on something you don't understand and doesn't apply to you.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating