Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
If it was up to you where should they go? So
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 1:32 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Interesting. So it is chassidish women (& men) that don't drive that are the source of this type of frustration? Since they cannot move far out, they will continue to settle in the center of town wherever they move. Maybe initiatives to encourage all men & women to drive can help resolve these issues.

Goood luck with that

forever21

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 1:45 pm
amother [ Firethorn ] wrote:
And don't start petitioning the boards to add sidewalks to our rural streets. This is a not a city, and we like the rural/suburban set up. And accept the idea that your kids will be dropped off at the corner of your street, instead of demanding multiple buses drive into your street and drop off the kids at your front door.

I’m not sure which one of your nasty posts to even reply to but if I ever do decide to move out of Brooklyn, I hope that you aren’t my neighbor. I prefer neighbors who would actually be welcoming to a new frum family on their block. But you must know how rude your comments are being that you aren’t posting under your screen name.

forever21

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 1:49 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
Wow I am shocked.
Such a sad thread.
Still a free world. Move to wherever you want. Hopefully people will greet you with ahavas yisroel ahavas chinam. No matter what issues the community may be having.
Hatzlocha

Now THIS is the right attitude! You should post under your screen name 😊

Laiya

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:12 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I don't think that the Tampa community is happening from what I hear. The neighborhood that we are planning to move into in Florida has a nice big Chabad shul and a Chabad school and the local Walmart grocery store has kosher food, cholev Yisroel, etc and there is some kosher food delivery from a larger community about half an hour away. There is a frum presence but the frum people are definitely a minority and fly under the radar.
There is a rush hour but it's not all day like in Monsey.
The traffic can also get really backed up on Fridays in the Catskills. The locals view us as revenue and a necessary nuisance.

Is it a new or newish community? Do you mind if I ask in what area?

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:15 pm
If they build it, they will sell it and people will come. The blame should be put on the contractors and zoning boards. Not on the families who are simply looking for a place to live.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:19 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
If they build it, they will sell it and people will come. The blame should be put on the contractors and zoning boards. Not on the families who are simply looking for a place to live.

Right. But the families that are moving in should want to contribute instead of complaining and expecting all conveniences they had in Brooklyn.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:19 pm
Laiya wrote:
Is it a new or newish community? Do you mind if I ask in what area?

It was supposed to be similar to KJ but I heard that they didn't get enough people. Not sure what area.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:21 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Right. But the families that are moving in should want to contribute instead of complaining and expecting all conveniences they had in Brooklyn.

Of course.

Laiya

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:24 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It was supposed to be similar to KJ but I heard that they didn't get enough people. Not sure what area.

Interesting.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:36 pm
You people realize that the reason people are moving away from Brooklyn, is because they were also priced out of their communities, and have traffic from people who came to live there etc.
The schools in Brooklyn also had to expand to accommodate all yidden who came to Brooklyn and settled there.
Why don’t you feel Brooklyn has rights like your town does?
Maybe Brooklyn should complain about all out of town people that come shop etc. and cause tons of traffic, lack of parking and other issues.
Use our Simcha halls……

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 2:40 pm
amother [ Navyblue ] wrote:
You people realize that the reason people are moving away from Brooklyn, is because they were also priced out of their communities, and have traffic from people who came to live there etc.
The schools in Brooklyn also had to expand to accommodate all yidden who came to Brooklyn and settled there.
Why don’t you feel Brooklyn has rights like your town does?
Maybe Brooklyn should complain about all out of town people that come shop etc. and cause tons of traffic, lack of parking and other issues.
Use our Simcha halls……

Brooklyn is a city with a city infrastructure that's built to handle many people and lots of traffic. The suburbs isn't made to be built into a city. It can't handle it.
Monsey is very expensive now. It probably won't take to long till we'll be priced out of Monsey as well.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:00 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Brooklyn is a city with a city infrastructure that's built to handle many people and lots of traffic. The suburbs isn't made to be built into a city. It can't handle it.
Monsey is very expensive now. It probably won't take to long till we'll be priced out of Monsey as well.

And yet the city infrastructure was maxed out.. 6 floor buildings are being built where one to 3 family houses were etc.
Parking is out of the question etc.

And you’ve never heard a Brooklynite blame anyone.

amother
Topaz

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:03 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

This exactly you coming and know what Monsey is about don’t complain. Btw the Brooklyn people raised the housing a ton that they are driving out the old Monsey people. I have city neighbors they never stop complaining

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:06 pm
And yet the city infrastructure was maxed out.. 6 floor buildings are being built where one to 3 family houses were etc.
Parking is out of the question etc.

And you’ve never heard a Brooklynite blame anyone.

The city infrastructure is not maxed out. The infrastructure is made to handle many apartment buildings.
Why should people from Brooklyn blame anyone? Who's moving to Brooklyn?

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:15 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
The city infrastructure is not maxed out. The infrastructure is made to handle many apartment buildings.

No, not true. My block had 30 families, with a handful of kids and some elderly couples. Now there are over 100 with large families, ( bli ayin harah). Sewage, electricity, traffic are horrendous. Even city structures can be overburdened.

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:

The infrastructure isn’t made to handle the housing that came up.
The people living in Brooklyn came from somewhere. Not now, 40 years ago etc. and no one blamed anyone. They understood that they don’t own the city and whoever feels like it can move there.
As long as the housing laws are being upheld ( let’s wish) everyone has equal rights to any city or town.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:01 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
No, not true. My block had 30 families, with a handful of kids and some elderly couples. Now there are over 100 with large families, ( bli ayin harah). Sewage, electricity, traffic are horrendous. Even city structures can be overburdened.

If the infrastructure is overburdened, it's not because newcomers are moving to Brooklyn. And 100 families on a city block doesn't mean that the infrastructure is overburdened.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:05 pm
The infrastructure isn’t made to handle the housing that came up.
The people living in Brooklyn came from somewhere. Not now, 40 years ago etc. and no one blamed anyone. They understood that they don’t own the city and whoever feels like it can move there.
As long as the housing laws are being upheld ( let’s wish) everyone has equal rights to any city or town.

40, 50, 60 + years ago when people moved to Brooklyn, they were the one's the built the city up. Now that Brooklyn is so crowded, no one is moving to Brooklyn anymore. Same should be for Monsey and Lakewood. It's so overcrowded, people should think about starting to move elsewhere.
Of course everyone can move where they please as long as housing is being built. And I'll say it yet again, when you move to a new community, you must be ready to contribute to the community instead of complaining and expecting to be served on a golden platter.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:27 pm
We went to the Jackson wooden park today and on the way back we passed a gorgeous frum development that’s being built. I think it’s called royal grove? Who’s buying there? Looks like they’re building a huge complex and will all move there at once so they don’t need to worry about infrastructure. It’s pretty far out but loads of spacious houses.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 01 2021, 4:35 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
This has nothing to do with being unfriendly to frum people who want to live here (our own children likely will not be able to live in these communities either), it's simply about lack of space. You just CAN'T fit 200 people into a space meant for just 20 people. It's just not good for anybody (and yes, those of us who live here all know who the culprit is).

That’s exactly it. My husband and I are both from Lakewood. We are renting right now but likely won’t be able to afford to buy. Most lakewood born and bred are buying now in Manchester because they’re already been priced out of Jackson. So this isn’t about “keeping Lakewood for ourselves”, that’s already come and gone. But the more building goes on the worse traffic will become and it’s in everyone’s best interest, yes everyone’s that traffic doesn’t get even worse.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating