Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Mikvah in Bidud
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:05 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
We are citizens, made aliyah last year, and my kids have to quarantine for 2 full weeks, they can test after 7 days, for over a 100 shekel each in the airport, or over 200 shekel in yerushalayim, in order to quarantine for only one week
Arrived this week

Got it. Everyone I know does the test.
Isn't the test free in the kuppa? Maybe they all pay, I don't know.
(Whenever we wanted a test it was free, but maybe it's different after returning from abroad).

Lovable

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:17 pm
I had to double check if this thread was under the 'Entertainment' section
Seriously ladies, is this a joke?????
Come on!!! The lady DOES NOT HAVE COVID
Forget about the israeli OCD government who is making such ridiculous rules, unlike most countries who are taking a far more logical approach.
If she needs to get to mikvah she should and can go!! According to the Jewish law.
Insane how many people have forgotten the Jewish law and being blinded by the israeli law. And no, this is not a vnishmartem situation.
Anyway, OP just ask your LOR
And for those who have been in bidud together with their garbage, I can assure you there's more danger to that then actual covid. Ew

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:39 pm
amother [ Daisy ] wrote:
Got it. Everyone I know does the test.
Isn't the test free in the kuppa? Maybe they all pay, I don't know.
(Whenever we wanted a test it was free, but maybe it's different after returning from abroad).

At this point, meuchedet (our kupa), only does if you have symptoms, not for traveling reasons.

Raisin

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 12:57 pm
Sara255 wrote:
America has entry restrictions but once you are here, and depending on the state, it's a free country. No quarantine, no calls or visits from government officials about your quarantine (Canada is just creepy) and masks only in healthcare settings. I think masks are being required more places lately but it's pretty much normal life here.

unless you just had a baby and your mother lives in Europe and can't visit you.

Entry restrictions are making many people's lives miserable, and not actually making anyone safer. And just to point out, these restrictions were set up in march 2020, and HAVE NOT BEEN CHANGED SINCE!!!! At least Israel, for all it's faults, keeps and eye on covid statistitcs and countries get added to and from the red list.

Also, many public schools have been closed in the USA for far longer then actually necessary. So yes, depriving children of education is not normal. Israel has worked hard to keep schools open.

As for Israel, not sure why you can't test and release after 5 days. 2 weeks bidud is excessive.

amother
Tuberose

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:41 pm
Let’s look for other practical solutions. When is she coming? Can she take hormonal BC just for a month or 2 and “reschedule” her period so this is not an issue?

I do not use hormonal BC but did for my wedding so I would not be in nidda, and I will for my DCs if necessary, as there are times you just really really don’t want to be in nidda (or have to deal with a heavy period and possibly leaking). People talk about back to back packs and skipping their period all the time. Does she have enough time to plan for this or is she leaving next week?

Forget the fine or if she will be arrested. How is it fair to anyone to just go? You have no idea what other people’s health situation is or the responsibilities they shoulder. They have the right to assume that they and the law is being respected.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 1:43 pm
I have spoken to many mikva ladies in many locations over the past few months and they ALL want women to call in ANY situation and they want to make it work
if not in the regular location then somewhere else.
I think its beautiful misiras nefesh in our time
at the very least call and find out.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:17 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
I just want to point out that if OP is in bidud after traveling she is either not vaccinated OR is coming from a country where covid is rampant - so yes, her chances of having covid are higher than the average Jo who are either vaccinated or have not been traveling to countries with a severe outbreak.

Just saying that many states in America are bigger than the country of Israel. There are places in America with high rates of covid, and there are places in America without high rates of covid, maybe even less than Israel. But coming from America is treated the same no matter if you're coming from Montana or Florida.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:25 pm
Raisin wrote:

As for Israel, not sure why you can't test and release after 5 days. 2 weeks bidud is excessive.

It’s seven days here, I think they just changed the rules and you have to pay for tests if you’re traveling. I actually saw a testing booth in the mall today.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 2:40 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:
I have spoken to many mikva ladies in many locations over the past few months and they ALL want women to call in ANY situation and they want to make it work

Yes. I live in NY area. During my QT after exposure I learned there are mikvaot who accommodate QT. Precautions taken. You can even ask for a ML who recovered from covid and take the last appt of the night to avoid exposing others.

Nashim Tzidkoniyos merited geulah from mizrayim. Same here.

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:08 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
I just want to point out that if OP is in bidud after traveling she is either not vaccinated OR is coming from a country where covid is rampant - so yes, her chances of having covid are higher than the average Jo who are either vaccinated or have not been traveling to countries with a severe outbreak.

The current list of high risk countries is pretty extensive so it doesn't mean much.

England is on the banned list (no entry permitted at all), and I don't know of anyone in the frum community who has Covid, for example. So being considered high risk (level lower) isn't very concerning.

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:48 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
This is so terrible to hear. People going against the law and putting others into possible sakana.

I read this thread yesterday and this post still bothers me.

You are of course 1000% right.

But I think it is really important to mention that in the US - at least in certain areas of NY and I think in FL as well - there were mikva'ot opened specifically for quarantined women. These mikva'ot were staffed by recovered women, and you had to make an appointment.

Yes, they left quarantine to do it. So did everyone else, and apparently their definition of quarantine differs from ours.

Regardless, for someone coming from the US to inquire about mikva for a woman in bidud sounds pretty legitimate to me. Going is not legitimate - but asking about it is.

amother
Nemesia

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:48 pm
I am a ML not in Israel or us. And was told.by many rabbomim that someone is in bidud or has covid is not allowed to go!
When someone doesn't want that answer and goes rabbi hopping to find the answer she wants I usualy tell them im sorry we can't accommodate u go find somewhere else. Usualy they end up coming when finished or just dont come. (Hopefuly go somewhere else)
We r a touristy place. Especialy now this summer we have tons of tourists. I have to ask them questions and hope they r not making up the answers for our communities sake and for us not to be shut down.
I could go on and on but I'm sure ur not interested in the rest of what I have to say....

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:51 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
At this point, meuchedet (our kupa), only does if you have symptoms, not for traveling reasons.

Every kupah. The Health Ministry had instructed that tests for travel purposes be done only at certain places and they must be paid for by the traveler.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:52 pm
Lovable wrote:
I had to double check if this thread was under the 'Entertainment' section
Seriously ladies, is this a joke?????
Come on!!! The lady DOES NOT HAVE COVID
Forget about the israeli OCD government who is making such ridiculous rules, unlike most countries who are taking a far more logical approach.
If she needs to get to mikvah she should and can go!! According to the Jewish law.
Insane how many people have forgotten the Jewish law and being blinded by the israeli law. And no, this is not a vnishmartem situation.
Anyway, OP just ask your LOR
And for those who have been in bidud together with their garbage, I can assure you there's more danger to that then actual covid. Ew

Source for the bolded, please. Smile

And dina d'malchusa dina.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 3:55 pm
banana123 wrote:
I read this thread yesterday and this post still bothers me.

You are of course 1000% right.

But I think it is really important to mention that in the US - at least in certain areas of NY and I think in FL as well - there were mikva'ot opened specifically for quarantined women. These mikva'ot were staffed by recovered women, and you had to make an appointment.

Yes, they left quarantine to do it. So did everyone else, and apparently their definition of quarantine differs from ours.

Regardless, for someone coming from the US to inquire about mikva for a woman in bidud sounds pretty legitimate to me. Going is not legitimate - but asking about it is.
Huh? I wasnt saying that asking about this was terrible. I was saying that going against the law of the land and POSSIBLY hurting other people, is terrible.
And this post is about israel, not america. So it doesnt matter if the person asking is from america, africa or the north pole.

banana123

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:04 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Huh? I wasnt saying that asking about this was terrible. I was saying that going against the law of the land and POSSIBLY hurting other people, is terrible.
And this post is about israel, not america. So it doesnt matter if the person asking is from america, africa or the north pole.

I apologize if I misunderstood, then.

It sounded like you were saying that the very idea is terrible because it places others in possible sakana, and breaks the law of the land.

Glad that was cleared up.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:34 pm
banana123 wrote:
I apologize if I misunderstood, then.

It sounded like you were saying that the very idea is terrible because it places others in possible sakana, and breaks the law of the land.

Glad that was cleared up.
Yes, I think the very idea of people going to the mikvah if they are in bidud is terrible.
But the question about it? Its just a question.
But I do think it places people is possible sakana and they are literally going against the law.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:36 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Just saying that many states in America are bigger than the country of Israel. There are places in America with high rates of covid, and there are places in America without high rates of covid, maybe even less than Israel. But coming from America is treated the same no matter if you're coming from Montana or Florida.

That's the way it is in covid times.
Don't forget that for international travel, you can't fly directly from Montana to Israel. You are likely flying through a major American airport.

America does the same. For example,they won't let you in from France, even if you live in a tiny village there with no cases of corona.

amother
Daisy

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:43 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:

The mikva ladies can want to make it work all they want. It isn't their private domain. They are PUBLIC workers and get their salary from our taxes.

Hundreds of women will be exposed to the 'generous' mikva lady who decided to let a quarantined woman dip. Who are you to say that none of these women care? In fact, I am sure some do. Almost every woman that I know would care very much.

Besides the fact, that this is the law. The mikva lady really wants to break the law? Let her build a private mikva in her home at her own expense. And let her hang a sign at the entrance that quarantined women will be allowed in, and anyone who cares should stay away.

Lovable

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 4:51 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
Source for the bolded, please. Smile

And dina d'malchusa dina.

source?? seriously
Not everything needs a source - some things just need common sense!!!!! living with dirty diapers in the house for over a week is disgusting and dangerous to your mental health at least.
And show me the source for dina dimalchusa dina overriding mikva
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions