Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Share your hashgacha pratis stories here
Previous  1  2

BokerTov

Post Wed, Aug 04 2021, 11:43 pm
andrea levy wrote:
If you look
At it from beginning to end, my father in law died a horrible fealty from colon cancer and because of that, my team leader married my friend fifteen years later.. I could not have imagined it let alone planned it!

I love your story and I love the first sentence that op might be sorry she asked. Laugh

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 12:30 am
I shared this about two weeks ago in the tehillim thread.

We are going through IVF. Last year, we had one chemical pregnancy in late December, and a failed transfer in March.

The chemical happened days before my husband was diagnosed with COVID - it was somewhat of a relief not to worry about what might happen if I also got sick and was pregnant. The transfer failure in March was disappointing as well, and he took it much harder than I did.

I recently traveled overseas to visit an elderly family member. I've also been very open sharing about my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis because I think it's important and it doesn't get talked about enough. A friend saw my story, and wrote to me saying she had a friend who specializes in endo, would I meet the doctor?

Figuring I had nothing to lose, I did. Within minutes, the doctor had located a significant nodule on my bowel, which MRI revealed was obstructing upto 70% of my bowel. He warned I was at risk of the bowel perforating without warning. This doctor was able to see me immediately for surgery, and I am now recovering.

Because I had the courage to share my story
Because my friend cared enough to connect me
Because the surgeon was supremely qualified and knew what to look for
Because I was able to have surgery quickly and immediately
Because I am recovering well
Because the transfers failed, preventing pregnancies that would almost certainly have been dangerous for me and the baby had they been viable since pregnancy naturally squishes your internal organs as the baby grows

Here we are, almost a year after we began the process of first trying to transfer embryos, and who could have known up until I received the diagnosis of the severe obstruction that this delay probably saved my life.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 12:53 am
I just wanted to add this:

How my ophthalmologist solved my disordered eating.

When I was diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy, I was not actually diabetic yet.

I was at the ophthalmologist to keep my father company, a tradition that had started a couple of years before because he didn’t want to drive with dilated eyes.

The doctor is a friend of ours who we met when his mother died and marcs father died and they said Kaddish together.(there’s marcs dads illness and horrible death sgain.)

He was a resident later and years Later moved to toronto and went into practice saying if we or anyone we loved ever needed an ophthalmologist, that we should fall.

So when I accompanied my fad the first time, doc decided to check me out too. Ironically, I react badly enough to dilation that I can’t drive after!

I kept going with my dad, to visit the doc, our friend and also we’d get together with my sister after.

ANNYYWAys…

Two years later, I was with my dad and they found the retinopathy. Doc told me what was up and suggested that I keep my blood sugar low and stable but if I had to choose between low and stable, to choose stable.

I’d had blood tests done a couple of days before for my yearly checkup but didn’t have the answers yet. I went home to research stable blood sugar and found a blog by a type one guy who’d controlled with both insulin and low carb and decided that upon graphing his results that low carb meant less swing so more stable. I’ve never found this guys blog again. I wish I could thank him. Also I had no idea what type 1 diabetes was but he said stable so…

I went low carb and a Couple of days in realized that I wasn’t craving and felt full for the first time in my life.

Other things:

If I’d been diabetic they’d have put me on insulin. I’d probably be blind and have Gained a hundred pounds or more putting me at 400+ pounds. As it turns out insulin makes you gain weight.

I had quit sweetener fifteen years before bc headaches and icky taste in my mouth so when I went low carb, I went completely sweet free which it turns out can help solve cravings.

I had done overeaters anonymous for ten years and failed at the food thing but took a lot of learning from the step work which meant that tho I thought of myself as a failure, when this miracle happened, I recognized it for what it was and stayed strongly on my path.

After all those meetings, I understood that I had no spare room to mess up and I did not want to go blind. So I went strict and by all these hashgacha pratiot my ophthalmologist solved my eating disorder and ive Been happy and healthy ever since.

I strongly believe that if any one of these things had been different, the outcome might have been different.

Again, I could never have orchestrated this or even imagined it. It’s all from hashem.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 1:00 am
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
I shared this about two weeks ago in the tehillim thread.

We are going through IVF. Last year, we had one chemical pregnancy in late December, and a failed transfer in March.

The chemical happened days before my husband was diagnosed with COVID - it was somewhat of a relief not to worry about what might happen if I also got sick and was pregnant. The transfer failure in March was disappointing as well, and he took it much harder than I did.

I recently traveled overseas to visit an elderly family member. I've also been very open sharing about my diagnosis of stage 4 endometriosis because I think it's important and it doesn't get talked about enough. A friend saw my story, and wrote to me saying she had a friend who specializes in endo, would I meet the doctor?

Figuring I had nothing to lose, I did. Within minutes, the doctor had located a significant nodule on my bowel, which MRI revealed was obstructing upto 70% of my bowel. He warned I was at risk of the bowel perforating without warning. This doctor was able to see me immediately for surgery, and I am now recovering.

Because I had the courage to share my story
Because my friend cared enough to connect me
Because the surgeon was supremely qualified and knew what to look for
Because I was able to have surgery quickly and immediately
Because I am recovering well
Because the transfers failed, preventing pregnancies that would almost certainly have been dangerous for me and the baby had they been viable since pregnancy naturally squishes your internal organs as the baby grows

Here we are, almost a year after we began the process of first trying to transfer embryos, and who could have known up until I received the diagnosis of the severe obstruction that this delay probably saved my life.

I also had endometriosis and its Horrible. Baruch HaShem that your story happened like this!

Refuah shlemah!

amother
Celeste

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 2:21 am
I was struggling in shidduchim.
Went to the zhviller rebbe's kever on a Monday, Thursday, Monday- got redt my hubby a few days later! BH!

amother
Caramel

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 2:48 am
A few years ago I was going through an extremely hard time emotionally and wanted to die. I was in college, near the end. I don't think I would have committed suicide but I would have not gotten out of bed and not finished the program, and I came from a poor family, so I wouldn't have been likely to have gotten a second chance. I prayed to God for strength and fully believe that the strength I got to continue came then and there as a gift from God because I knew I didnt have any left in me. I finished college and now have a decent career.

amother
Glitter

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 5:57 am
Posting as amother since I tell it to everyone.
Ds was yellow for a long time and finally had his bris when he was 2 moths old. Bh it wasn't dangerous but because he ended up in the hospital under lights the mohel wouldn't do his bris till his number was 10 for a week. His number was between 14 and 18 for a long time. I was working with my pediatrician and had already gone off nursing 4 times for 2 days each and it didn't help at all. I was going nuts. I had also tried a blue light from a gemach but his number wouldn't budge.
He was born in august so we were running into yom tov. I had to take him every 2 days to get a STAT bilirubin test by a lab. The doctor wrote on every prescription to give results to mother so I would just be call an hour after and they would tell me the number.
Right before rosh Hashanah I found out there was a bilibed gemach instead of a bili light. I decided to borrow it for yom tov and my pediatrician told me to also go off nursing the whole time so hopefully it would just go low enough to get to a bris finally.
So we borrowed rhe bed erev yom tov and I put ds in it right away. Then I went to take a shower. When I got out of the shower the lights were off in the bed and it wouldn't go on. One of my kids knocked it out of the plug while looking at the baby and it was literally dead. We tried all different rooms in my house and it seemed like we broke it. I freaked out and looked online to see how much it cost if I need to replace it. It was a $4,000 machine. The plug part was like a charger and a separate piece. I looked to see how much that cost and saw it was $100. We only found one place that carried it and right away ordered it. We couldn't use the bed but figured we would give the gemach the new plug piece and we hoped in this zchus we would finally be able to make a bris for our baby. I was upset since I was really hoping to finally bring his number down and this bed
was like a last resort to me. His number was like a 16 at that point.
We got thru yom tov without the bed. Motzai yom tov super late like 12 AM the gemach called and asked for it back. We were mortified since we thought we broke it. We told them it didn't work. They said to bring it as they have more power strips for it and can try a different one. I brought it back and was really embarrassed. I told them I had already ordered a new piece and would give it to them when it came. They were really nice about it. I went home. About 30 minutes after I got home, my phone rang and it was the gemach. I made dh answer I was so scared they couldn't fix it and now iI owe them a new $4,000 machine. Dh spoke to them and they told him that they have no idea why it didnt work but it works perfectly even with the power strip we had! They said to cancel the order for the new one but we told them we were going to donate it to them anyways and hopefully in this zchus our precious baby would finally get his bris.
The next day I had to go test him and was a bit annoyed that his number probably won't be good since I was going away for succos and leaving the day after yom kippur so that meant I probably couldn't get him to a bris before succos since I needed to wait a week from a 10.
I tested him and then went to the park with the kids. I called them for the results like I always did. The nurse answered and told me that she cant give me the results only my doctor even though my prescription said very clearly to give me the results. She then whispered into the phone I will call you in a few minutes. A couple minutes later my phone rang and it was this nurse. She said the supervisor was in so she couldnt give me the results before but she called me from her cell phone outside. She told me the results were a 4!
I right away called dh who calles the mohel. Mohel said that since it went down so much we didnt need to wait anymore not even the week! This was Thursday, he said I can do.it as early as tomorrow morning but why dont you plan yourself a normal bris for Sunday.
Bh we had the bris that Sunday.

singleagain

Post Thu, Aug 05 2021, 7:03 am
Here's one that didn't affect me... But I was involved.

A few weeks ago I was able to leave almost exactly at five .. I usually stay at work later. As I was passing customer service the phone rang and I picked it up. Even though I don't usually pick up customer service bc I'm not often able to help. (I just don't know those issues very well)

the customer had been there shopping and had left a bag of meat at the register did we find it? I had no idea so I passed it to the manager. But something made me stay a minute the manager confirmed that they had found the meat and was telling them when we closed.

When I had been on the phone with them they had mentioned where they live, and it was on the way home for me. So I took the phone back from the manager and confirmed where they live and said I'd be happy to bring the meat to them. And I did.

Had I not been walking past customer service and picked up the phone.. that customer would have had to spend an hour of their time driving to the store and home ... Whereas I was able to drop it at their home in half of that time.

Hashgacha for them, and I got to be part of it.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 7:33 am
I did tons of laundry before the 9 days - way more than I needed for the 9 days. HaShem put it into my head to do that.
Then about a week later I ended up in the hospital for several days and my family had clean laundry the entire time and even for several days afterwards when I was weak.
Thank You HaShem!

Ps so many other hashgacha pratis stories from my hospital stays.
Here’s one more:
My husband was going to be away for several hours a couple of days after I got home from the hospital and I hired a babysitter to help.
That same day I was having major pain from a complication and I needed to go to the ER. We were trying to figure out where to send the kids - when HaShem helped me to remember - wait we have a babysitter coming!
Baruch HaShem!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational