Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Can't Finish Paying Tuition

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 6:49 pm
I got a letter from my dd school that since I didn't finish paying DD's tuition from last year they don't want to send the college she wants to go to next year her final transcript. I am trying to finish paying tuition but right now I owe them a few thousand dollars and I can't afford to pay it all at once. I have nobody to ask for assistance too and I feel stuck the college needs her transcript asap. I do plan on paying it IY"H but can't finish it now. I try my best to pay tuition but it is a huge expense. Any advice? Anyone else been in this situation how did you handle it?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 6:59 pm
I'd ask a shaila and see if there is anything you can do.

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Aug 09 2021, 7:00 pm
Can you make a payment plan with the school? I don't think they are really trying to sabotage DD's college, they are holding onto the transcript to make sure they get paid.

amother
RosePink

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 2:16 am
If you are desperate enough, can you put it on a credit card or ask a family member or friend to put it on theirs? Under that scenario you can give your friends/family head checks to cover it so that there is no weirdness about if or when they will get paid back.

Other than that - maybe a lending gemach? Can the Rav of your shul help? Will the school take head checks for the overdue money?

Sorry you are dealing with this OP Hug
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics