Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
When do you clean the clutter?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 7:51 pm
I barely have time and koach to stay on top of the day to day household obligations.
I have pileups of clutter in my bedroom, playroom, storage room and study. When will I ever get to it???

Please share tips!

sillymommy

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 7:54 pm
every day set 5 minutes in which you go around the house and throw out/put away as much as you can from the stuff you wouldn't normally get to. Only do whatever you can do in 5 mins

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 8:05 pm
ALL THE TIME. If I have 5 min I do it. If I have 3 min I do it. I walk around when on the phone. I do a trash run the night before garbage pickup. I listen to shiurim or books on tape when doing this. I spend more time decluttering between tu bshvat and purim and during the 3 weeks/ 9 days. It took a few years to get the house clutter free.

PS my youngest is now 10. It was a HUGE job when the kids were little and my house was never decluttered. Toys! Bottles! Tiny clothes and shoes and bags and strollers high chairs etc.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 8:08 pm
Continuously. But I also usually take legal holidays as cleanup days, mostly for sorting, filing and shredding papers.

emzod42

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 9:40 pm
I've been following Dana White from A Slob Comes Clean's approach--5 minute pickups when you can, just look at what's in the box/pile so you know what's there, then put a little away/in donation bin at a time. She has a whole book on decluttering, which I haven't read yet, but I definitely got some inspiration from the clutter chapters of her first book and her podcast.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 10:28 pm
emzod42 wrote:
I've been following Dana White from A Slob Comes Clean's approach--5 minute pickups when you can, just look at what's in the box/pile so you know what's there, then put a little away/in donation bin at a time. She has a whole book on decluttering, which I haven't read yet, but I definitely got some inspiration from the clutter chapters of her first book and her podcast.

Her books are THE BEST to listen to while decluttering

She's on youtube too.
So is Dawn (The Minimal Mom) and
Cas (Clutterbug)
and
Gail Goddard ( clutterfairy)

Great inspiration playing in the background....

happy chick

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 10:50 pm
I gave up. I have a list of chores to get to when my youngest kid graduates and moves on to college. Until then, enter at your own risk...

vintagebknyc

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 10:59 pm
Google Pomodoro method.

mra01385

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 11:50 pm
When you make time for decluttering like on an off day from work or on Sundays. Do a little bit at a time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics