Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
It’s 1 week until school and.. UPDATE
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

amother
Aster

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 11:31 am
Lizzie4 wrote:
I know someone in Lakewood who bought a desk and parked it in one of the classrooms on the first day of H.S. after they said there was not enough room. They took her daughter.

This is even more humiliating to a child than the child not being accepted to school.

emma07

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 11:36 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I think sending to a school that is not in line with your haskafas, whether it's more/less frum or whatever, is difficult. Your child is in a school for many hours a day for many years, these are their formative years to make sense of the world and become who they will be.
If they have to keep bumping against everyone in my class does/doesn't do x and y, it's very hard. Especially at the young age of 5 when they don't know enough or are strong enough to understand why they might do things differently to how they're taught.
I think Chabad/lubavitch are wonderful but I am not chabad and I wouldn't send my child to the local chabad school. I also wouldn't send them to any of the chassidish chedarim or any school that was not in line with my general haskafas.They do different davening/benching, different pronunciation of alef beis and the vowels. I just don't see how it's fair to the child.
Op, I hope your son has a place in school by now.

So you rather have your kids home??
And btw my kids are not in any chabad schools but if I wouldn’t have a choice and I had to choose between having then gone or go to chabad o would have send them…

Success10

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 11:40 am
I also don't think she 100% ruled out Chabad, or other non-ideal options. She's just pushing for more suitable options first. Even if her son sits at home for a few weeks, that's not keeping him home until grade 8.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:10 pm
Hey everyone. Thanks for all your support. My son is still with me but IyH I hope not for much longer. There have been people in the community that have begun to push things. Hopefully, I will be able to update you shortly with good news. It’s has been a very difficult week, I had a child home with an injury, DH in work all day, and my rambunctious 4 year old and toddler… along with the usual pre YT preparations and work. I honestly don’t know how much longer I can hold out but iyh I’m very hopeful we will get an answer soon.

You don’t have to feel bad for me because I’m being “picky”, I’m doing what I feel like it’s best for my child. When it’s your child, I’m sure you will do the same.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:12 pm
Also, I have been giving him 45 minutes a day to “homeschool” so he won’t fall behind. The kids are already almost finished the אב.

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:41 pm
Hi OP, so glad things are looking up, you sound so much more hopeful in your latest post. Iyh he will be in school by Yom tov, and he wont have missed much because between bank holiday and yt there is hardly any school.

As a btw, to the other posters, if op lives in gg, then it really doesnt make sense to send to the chabad school, it's really far for a child to travel every day. Many of the chabad families here dont send their kids there for primary school, they go for high school only. I know only 1 family that sent their child earlier, starting at about 8 or 9.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:50 pm
OP thanks for keeping us posted. I'm glad to hear some hope in your post, and I think you are smart to keep him up to speed so he can transition smoothly b"eh. I'm keeping you in my tefillos.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:30 pm
Thanks for all your tefillos. We got into our second choice BH!

glamourmom

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:31 pm
BH! so so happy and relieved for you

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:33 pm
Just wanted to add, I decided enough moping and that I would work on my emunah. I went today to buy him uniform. They asked me which school and I told them, not even sure I had a place.

Well, now I do have a place in that school.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:38 pm
Thats wonderful Very Happy

Thanks for update

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:50 pm
amother [ Aster ] wrote:
By donating money to existing schools to enable them to expand, which many parents refuse to do.
Also, in many communities there are newer schools & people don't want to send there. They only want to send to certain schools. It's part of the problem.

So by me giving money to a school they'll suddenly magically get off their high horse and take in other children? The ones they "don't have room for?"
Boy do I have a bridge to sell you

amother
Peony

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 7:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And to the poster that said- every kid in London gets into school- you are living in denial. Your comment left a really bitter taste in my mouth and a lot of hurt in my heart.

I spoke to many parents this week that literally had to move walls and threaten to go to the council, or even go to the council, to get their child in.

I’m so happy you never had this issue and I pay you never will, but don’t close your eyes and give holier-then-thou comments to those of suffering from this.

I apologise for any pain caused. I’m happy your son is now in school.
I had said it as an assurance.

It’s sad that Golders Green is put in a bad light unfairly.

Every child gets, and got into a school.
Parents sometimes fight to get into a school that isn’t suitable for them.

But no child is left without a place. That’s the truth.

I did go through this.
I wasn’t going to retaliate to your comments. They pained me deeply. I got triggered. You judged me. Wrongly.

Our son is in our third choice school.
He’s in menorah foundation. Thank G-d doing wonderfully.
We fought for Noam. I prayed and tried everything.

Ultimately in GG the schools are incredible and work together for every child to have a place in a school that feels suits the family. Although I felt it was the wrong fit, it worked out for the best. My child is happy.

I don’t have holier than thou thoughts. That was your projection.

I ask that Hashem takes my pain and prayers and uses it for your child to be successful in his school and for you to have nachas.
Wishing you the very best

Optione

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 7:46 pm
BH!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 8:06 pm
Mazel Tov! May he blossom and grow there.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 8:53 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:

I did go through this.
I wasn’t going to retaliate to your comments. They pained me deeply. I got triggered. You judged me. Wrongly.

Ultimately in GG the schools are incredible and work together for every child to have a place in a school that feels suits the family. Although I felt it was the wrong fit, it worked out for the best. My child is happy.

I ask that Hashem takes my pain and prayers and uses it for your child to be successful in his school and for you to have nachas.

I didn’t want to pour salt on OPs open wound. Bh now that your kid is in a school I want to add to this posters comment.

It’s motzi shem ra and belittling the tremendous work of the vaad to say not every kid has a school - like you did in your OP- omitting the fact that you just moved here, knowing you don’t have a spot in a school and knowing how irresponsible that is.

I wish you much hatzlacha and continued nachas.

amother
Carnation

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 9:05 pm
Goodness. Let's all celebrate along with OP.

No need to go back through all her previous posts that were written from an obvious place of pain.

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 11:46 pm
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
That is so special. Hug

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 4:47 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:

I did go through this.

I was in a very very dark place when you poured salt on my wounds, telling me my child doesn’t belong in the frum schools.

I had no idea about your situation and I’m terribly sorry for the pain I have caused.

I appreciate your prayers.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 4:51 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
There is enough room for all children in London.
They make room for the people that fit their school.

Schools don’t accept if they feel you don’t fit their ethos.
If they are pushing for you to send to a mixed school, please think of your appearance matches your mindset.

This was your original post.

I’m sorry for any pain I caused you. Truly. But I was writing from a deep place of rejection.

Bh worked it out for us, but when I read your posts (And I have reread it 100 times), I feel the same sense of rejection, over and again.
Page 8 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics