Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Seminary and Covid vaccine
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Raisin

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 10:03 am
OBnursemom wrote:
The igud for seminaries and yeshivos made an agreement with the government that all American students coming in would either be vaccinated or have documentation of a past positive PCR. So no, she can’t do that. I guess it depends how badly her daughter wants to go. She’s very late trying to figure this out though- all the student visas were given out last week. We don’t even have the worst of it. South African students needed to spend 2 weeks in a green country first. And British students have been there since the beginning of august because of quarantine.

I think they changed the rule for British students, from today they can go and quarantine.

amother
Hosta

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 11:13 am
amother [ DarkKhaki ] wrote:
There are plenty of girls going without taking the vaccine

If this is true, then these girls are breaking the law. These girls and their seminaries could face legal consequences.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:13 pm
Raisin wrote:
I think they changed the rule for British students, from today they can go and quarantine.

They did, but two weeks ago when England became a red country, no one knew how it would last. Rather than taking risks the seminaries brought the girls in early. They haven't been having such a bad time.

amother
Calendula

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:20 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
If this is true, then these girls are breaking the law. These girls and their seminaries could face legal consequences.

I'm pretty sure that you are correct, students without proof of vaccination or old positive PCR result are breaking the law. Oh the irony...these students are going to Eretz Yisroel to learn Torah and grow in Yiddishkeit by somehow lying or cheating.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 2:44 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:

All of them had covid and can document a PCR? Or they’re using fraudulent vaccine cards. If the former, that is fine. If the latter, you should know they are requiring antibody tests in the airport. All of these girls will be found out almost immediately. And it will affect other people trying to come.

amother
Camellia

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 2:49 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I'm pretty sure that you are correct, students without proof of vaccination or old positive PCR result are breaking the law. Oh the irony...these students are going to Eretz Yisroel to learn Torah and grow in Yiddishkeit by somehow lying or cheating.

Look back in our history, we always had to lie to keep our mitzvos. It's insane that you can't go to a mikva in Israel for silly reasons like travelling. In previous generation we went through hell to keep our mitzvos even it was against the law.

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 2:58 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
Look back in our history, we always had to lie to keep our mitzvos. It's insane that you can't go to a mikva in Israel for silly reasons like travelling. In previous generation we went through hell to keep our mitzvos even it was against the law.

So you are saying that you have to lie in order to protect yourselves from a government of a Jewish country?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

This is completely twisted logic because the justification for civil disobedience was based on a government that was anti-Semitic.

But now the rationale is that it is okay just because gets in the way of your personal selfish needs 👎👎

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:25 pm

This isn't about lying to keep mitzvos though.

There's no shmad in this - it's venishmartem, lo taamod al dam rei'echa.

There is no mitzva to go to seminary in Israel at the age of 18. And you do know that the Land spits out those who are abominable to Hashem.

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:28 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:

Then we wonder why the doros are so low.

It's a major lack of yiras shamayim to help your children forge documents and encourage them to lie in order to study in Israel. There's no yiras shamayim there, none at all, and the parents are educating their children counter to the Torah's teachings.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:29 pm

There is no Mitzvah not to vaccinate. Your comments make a mockery of actual shmad. You could have sent your daughter to any American seminary. None of them require vaccination. Lying and cheating though are 100% against the Torah.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:34 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
All of them had covid and can document a PCR? Or they’re using fraudulent vaccine cards. If the former, that is fine. If the latter, you should know they are requiring antibody tests in the airport. All of these girls will be found out almost immediately. And it will affect other people trying to come.

The girls have antibodies. They aren’t taking fake vaccine cards.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:37 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
The girls have antibodies. They aren’t taking fake vaccine cards.

That’s illegal unless they had a positive PCR.

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 4:31 pm
I don't have a kid going to Israel, so I have no skin in the game.
I have to give credit to Israel in that they seem to be the only ones recognizing recovered covid as a thing, but my guess is that many people had covid in the beginning, when people were told not to test and they lost out on obtaining this recovered status. They had symptoms, have antibodies, but didn't test and now are losing out.

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 4:41 pm
My child went to Israel for the year. Because he had antibodies and no positive PCR or vaccine he had to quarantine longer.
That’s it.
Really such a not nice way to talk about all these kids heading to learn, and if you’re going to- make sure you have your facts straight.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 4:43 pm
I guess seminary is different than a tour group but my sister is in Israel now with a tour group and she needed proof of antibodies, no vax or recovered pcr. They also tested in Israel for antibodies so you can't just lie. But I guess different rules for tours vs seminaries.

pizza4

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 4:56 pm
Op hope you got your answer... find a local sem and hopefully she can visit Israel another time. When the covid craze dies down.

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:06 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
My child went to Israel for the year. Because he had antibodies and no positive PCR or vaccine he had to quarantine longer.
That’s it.
Really such a not nice way to talk about all these kids heading to learn, and if you’re going to- make sure you have your facts straight.

They changed the rules for the coming school year. And we knew this months ago. https://chaimvchessed.com/stud.....oved/

The reason people don’t have positive PCRs is because they didn’t want the government to know the numbers in the frum communities.

Last edited by OBnursemom on Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:07 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I guess seminary is different than a tour group but my sister is in Israel now with a tour group and she needed proof of antibodies, no vax or recovered pcr. They also tested in Israel for antibodies so you can't just lie. But I guess different rules for tours vs seminaries.

Last year’s students couldn’t be vaccinated, because the vaccine wasn’t available to the public.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:09 pm
amother [ Brickred ] wrote:
That’s it.

Quote:
Attention: Students / Yeshiva students with a valid visa to Israel may enter the country without a permit. To receive an examption from a permit, fill out the application HERE.

List of required documents and proofs:
A. Photocopy of passport of visitor
B. Photocopy of passports of parents (for minors)
C. Completely filled out quarantine declaration, click here to download
D. Proof of health insurance valid in Israel throughout the visit with a clause covering COVID-19
E. Approval from the academic institution/Yeshiva or a valid Visa
F. Approval from the Ministry of Health stating that the institution is approved to go back to physical classes (obtained from the institution)
G. A proof of vaccination or a proof of recovery from COVID-19
I. Once all the documents are obtained, fill out a request via the dedicated online form and attach all the documents. To enter the online form, click here

https://embassies.gov.il/new-y......aspx

amother
Brickred

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:09 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
They changed the rules for the coming school year. And we knew this months ago.

The reason people don’t have positive PCRs is because they didn’t want the government to know the numbers in the frum communities.

My child went within the past week.

Anyone who needs information or assistance can contact Chaim V’Chessed.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics