Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Backpack for toddler
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:30 pm
Hi,
Any links to a cute backpack for older two year old boy for playgroup for the coming year? We live in lakewood and I want him to fit in, but he's my oldest so no clue what's a normal backpack for a toddler (I don't do the pickup and drop off so I don't see what other kids have)
I can't even believe I'm writing this lol, like just get something cute, but hey, got to love lakewood!!
Links would be super appreciated

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:45 pm
I live in Lakewood. My boys are 7 and 4. Never once did a back back need to fit in. Buy whatever is cute and cheap because at this stage why not save the $?
I live in one of the fanciest neighborhoods btw.

Boys this age like backpacks in their favorite colors or with their favorite characters or favorite pictures.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:46 pm
Double post

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:47 pm
A 2 year old fits in with any mini backpack. Don't start with the peer pressure at age 2.

GrowingUp

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 6:01 pm
Anything goes at that age.

I personally love the Skip Hop animal backpacks. Perfect size and holds up really well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....3f0ff

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 6:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
Any links to a cute backpack for older two year old boy for playgroup for the coming year? We live in lakewood and I want him to fit in, but he's my oldest so no clue what's a normal backpack for a toddler (I don't do the pickup and drop off so I don't see what other kids have)
I can't even believe I'm writing this lol, like just get something cute, but hey, got to love lakewood!!
Links would be super appreciated

I was totally going through the same thing lol, I almost posted about it. Problem solved when my son noticed a paw patrol backpack come up on in my Amazon search while I was browsing for a potty training reward. I ordered it and when it came, we saw it was sparkly and glittery. I asked if he wanted a non sparkly one instead and he said no, he loves the sparkles. I asked him three times, same answer. So there, my oldest will be attending school with a flamboyant tv character backpack.

Agreed that the skiphop bags are perfect for this age. As long as the school doesn't specify to send with a full size bag, I'd get this one https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....a6bc7

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 7:01 pm
Target usually has cute ones

flowergirl10

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 7:17 pm
Light + nine has cute ones that are in style. They are on sale now for $20 and worth it because they last for a few years

twolilgirlies

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 8:39 pm
Skip hop

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi,
Any links to a cute backpack for older two year old boy for playgroup for the coming year? We live in lakewood and I want him to fit in

You want him to fit in, or you want to fit in?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:20 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
You want him to fit in, or you want to fit in?

Lol good one, you're right Wink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:22 pm
Thanks everyone, sorry I seemed crazy, I'm really very normal just lakewood is getting to me

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone, sorry I seemed crazy, I'm really very normal just lakewood is getting to me

Maybe read You Revealed by Naftali Horowitz. It’s very enlightening and has been helping me focus on what matters.

I live in Lakewood too, and it’s 100% possible to be reasonable here.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:57 pm
Its ok to want cute stuff for your kid. Nothing wrong there. I saw some cute ones on H&M's website.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:01 pm
honeymoon wrote:
Its ok to want cute stuff for your kid. Nothing wrong there. I saw some cute ones on H&M's website.

Everyone wants cute stuff for their kids. But we see a lot of ‘fitting in’ being spoken of on imamother (in a way I haven’t seen since my high school days) when people really mean it’s a community of sheep. Everyone is so busy looking elsewhere does anyone really know what they want or like anymore?

bsy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:06 pm
Amazing savings usually has a small backpack thats perfect. I used a monkey one for 2 kids and it's still in perfect condition. Was less than 7 dollars.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:35 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Everyone wants cute stuff for their kids. But we see a lot of ‘fitting in’ being spoken of on imamother (in a way I haven’t seen since my high school days) when people really mean it’s a community of sheep. Everyone is so busy looking elsewhere does anyone really know what they want or like anymore?

If she is looking to fit in with a backpack I think that is harmless. Not my thing at all, but I wouldn't call finding a cute backpack as being a community of sheep. There are more fundamental areas where the herd mentality makes more of a difference.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:54 pm
I just ordered https://www.ebay.com/itm/311400752964 for my 2.5 yr old, but I am not in Lakewood, so not sure if it passes muster.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:14 pm
I got the 7 am enfant for my toddler that age. It’s cute fun and non statement-y. Buttt it’s so junky! Next time im buying a Kipling. They wash and wear amazing. I can actually use the one I used when I was a toddler still!!! It looks super fresh but my sis stole it for her kids. I used it for day camp in younger elementary also.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:46 pm
I live in Lakewood.
So far, I buy Skip Hop till they need a larger one for school.
In the past I've been able to buy them for under $20, (I think I've spent between $3-$15, I probably used Carters rewards towards it.)
They're cute, hold up well, wash well and my kids have been happy with the designs. Once in a while we've bought matching sippy cups.
I see other kids around here with all different types of knapsacks, including Skip Hop, but where I live no one seems to care.

Here is a link to some of their options, they have other ones too.
https://www.skiphop.com/skipho......html
Amazon has too, here is just one option https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....6db4f

I don't see as many options as I seem to recall seeing in the past, maybe they're just sold out right now of some options...
I have this one for my son https://www.albeebaby.com/skip......html
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics