Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Pop-Tarts

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 4:07 pm
ISO tried and true imitation pop-tart recipes. Been craving them recently (remembering from when I ate them years ago) and the kosher versions I have found are decent but nothing like the original, which is treif (has gelatin). in particular looking for the brown sugar cinnamon, raspberry, and chocolate flavors. Thanks in advance!

happinessseeker

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 5:33 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
ISO tried and true imitation pop-tart recipes. Been craving them recently (remembering from when I ate them years ago) and the kosher versions I have found are decent but nothing like the original, which is treif (has gelatin). in particular looking for the brown sugar cinnamon, raspberry, and chocolate flavors. Thanks in advance!

They make pop tart bites which are kosher. It comes in chocolate and strawberry. Double check to make sure - but I just found some images with a hechsher.

monseymom25

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 5:36 pm
Pop tarts makes a mini version called bites that have an OU-d. I think some of them may actually be pareve. You can have the real thing!

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 5:50 pm
I saw that! But I couldn’t find them listed on the OU product search engine. So I’m not sure if the OUD on them is good or unauthorized. I reached out to the OU, hope to hear back soon!

hellokitty

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 5:55 pm
these ones work for us

https://www.naturespath.com/en.....tries

BH Yom Yom

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 6:15 pm
hellokitty wrote:
these ones work for us

https://www.naturespath.com/en.....tries

Seen some of these in stores, and they are similar and good, but I only thought there were a few flavors. Thank you for the link! I’m so excited that chocolate and raspberry are available too - I had no idea! I just ordered some.

OU got back to me that Pop Tarts Bites are okay!! 😊

hellokitty

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 6:39 pm
a couple flavors are even parve! the pumpkin and unfrosted raspberry iirc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins