Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Is your child’s school requiring Covid vaccination?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Is your kids’ school requiring the Covid vaccine?
All staff are required to be vaccinated  
 6%  [ 7 ]
All staff and students over 12 are required to be vaccinated  
 5%  [ 6 ]
No vaccination required  
 88%  [ 98 ]
Total Votes : 111

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:04 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
You all know that no vaccination required means not YET. It’s a matter of time everywhere.

Hopefully if enough parents refuse, schools will not require it.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:08 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Hopefully if enough parents refuse, schools will not require it.
but government will...
and there arent any exemptions in nys so good luck with that.

we made our own bed and now we get to lie in it

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:12 am
Yes. when people did not stop NY from taking away religious exemptions I warned that all adults would be mandated next.

There are 200 more vaccines in development and they will all be mandated.

Tyranny is like abuse.

It always gets worse.

hardworking mom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:37 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Yes. when people did not stop NY from taking away religious exemptions I warned that all adults would be mandated next.

There are 200 more vaccines in development and they will all be mandated.

Tyranny is like abuse.

It always gets worse.

I actually didn't like the idea of using religious exemption for not vaccinating. Saying it is against my religion when honestly it's not makes for a chilul hashem. We should however be able to say no I don't want to vaccinate and still be able to go to school and get a job. It should be none of the government's business if I do or don't. But most people especially the provaxers like believing the government when they say that they are "worried about us" uh huh you believe that then I have a few valuable bridges to sell you one is made of real gold!

nicole81

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 2:06 am
dancingqueen wrote:
I think many if not most MO schools are requiring vaccination, sounds like non MO schools not so much.

I haven't heard of any mo schools in NYC mandating it yet. Closest I've heard of us YU is mandating it, so MTA boys that are in the dorm or that want to use the university facilities are required to vaccinate.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 2:22 am
It’s not tyranny, it’s basic public health. Covid is a community problem, not an individual one and therefore requires a community solution.

Thankfully, all adults in my kids’ schools are vaccinated and almost all of those eligible 12+ are as well. And everyone will wear a mask indoors. Our community is overwhelmingly supportive of these measures to keep everyone well and our kids in school in person and as close to “normal” as possible. It’s our basic hishtadlut.

The dominant strain of covid right now is highly contagious—multiples more than the dominant strain at the beginning of the last school year & also the alpha, which took hold in spring 2021 and was more
contagious than the original. Schools are unlike almost all other environments in that people are in confined spaces for 8+ hours a day.

Read the news—pediatric hospital admissions for covid are way up in states experiencing a surge right now—where vaccination levels are lower than in the northeast & few people wear masks. We know for a fact by this point that many children who have had covid experience long haul symptoms (asthma, cardiac, neurological, massive fatigue, brain fog, inability to resume typical activities etc) even if their cases were mild—if yours did not, I am delighted for you. I’m delighted for you also if you don’t know anyone who has had long haul symptoms. Our individual experiences are not equivalent to data though. We’d like to avoid kids getting sick when they don’t have to—there are basic measures available to help limit the spread of covid and keep the kids well: vaccination for those eligible and masks for everyone while indoors.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 2:33 am
nicole81 wrote:
I haven't heard of any mo schools in NYC mandating it yet. Closest I've heard of us YU is mandating it, so MTA boys that are in the dorm or that want to use the university facilities are required to vaccinate.

Central needs it
Shefa school needs it

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 3:11 am
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
I’m grateful that my kid’s preschool has all staff vaccinated. There are no kids 12+ so that part of the question isn’t applicable to me. All kids 2+ and all adults have to mask.

I’m sorry that is so sad. Poor babies.

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:45 am
amother [ Peony ] wrote:
You all know that no vaccination required means not YET. It’s a matter of time everywhere.

I would tend to agree. They can’t come without any other required vaccination. This will soon be added.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:49 am
nicole81 wrote:

Ramaz requires it.

Success10

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My oldest two who are in their late teens got the vaccine when it first came out. Only afterwards did we start hearing some disturbing reports of myocarditis as a side effect of the vaccine affecting mostly adolescents. I thought this was coming from rumors but my brother in law who is a Hatzalah volunteer confirmed this, as he’s seen several teens rushed to the hospital shortly after getting the Pfizer vaccine.

So I really don’t know what I’m going to do. I’d like to wait a bit and see if there are further studies on this before having my 12 year old get the vaccine. Meanwhile, now she has no school to go to since we live in a very small frum community with only one day school for our children. The next option for a frum school is a two hour drive away.

I very much hear you side, and I doubt you're the only parent that feels this way. Did you try speaking directly to the school to see if there is any negotiating room?

OBnursemom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 6:55 am
hardworking mom wrote:
I actually didn't like the idea of using religious exemption for not vaccinating. Saying it is against my religion when honestly it's not makes for a chilul hashem!

I agree that religious exemptions are problematic. Vaccines are not against our religion. If you prefer not to, use an excuse that doesn’t tar all of us with the same brush.

flmommy

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:54 am
OP do you mind saying what State you are in?

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 7:55 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
but government will...
and there arent any exemptions in nys so good luck with that.

we made our own bed and now we get to lie in it

I actually have no issue with there not being religious exemption allowances.
I’m really not sure what is going to happen. Maybe the state will mandate vaccines in school, maybe not. But parents (and schools) won’t stand for it. Just like NYers won’t stand for another lockdown. Law suits are already being brought against NYC for this stupid vaccine passport thing or whatever it’s called. They are seeing to get an injunction. I’m sure many schools will do the same, if it comes to that.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:02 am
My kids’ school does require and so does my daughter’s university. They are all vaccinated, so not an issue for us.

amother
Almond

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:26 am
MO school, NY metro area. Not required as of yet, but probably will be in a year. For now, staff and eligible aged students must either get the vaccine or submit weekly PCR tests.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:34 am
I work in a MO school in NY. Faculty and staff are not required to vaccinate but they are strongly encouraged to do so, and students who do not may not be able to participate in certain trips or activities.

Simple1

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:47 am
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
I’m grateful that my kid’s preschool has all staff vaccinated. There are no kids 12+ so that part of the question isn’t applicable to me. All kids 2+ and all adults have to mask.

The staff are vaccinated and they are still requiring masks on kids?

hardworking mom

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:56 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Homeschool coops or non govt funded private schools is the way to go . Children do not need this.

They never did. Unfortunately the higher ups decided that they need to make money off of innocent babies and no one will stand up for themselves. I'm all for the idea of vaccines. But people need to really do their research. Before playing with humans. No two people are alike and therefore you should check is it okay for this specific person. Yes the department of health is forcing us to vaccinate our children NO MATTER WHAT! Its time people start realizing that they don't care about you it's all about the money

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:41 am
hardworking mom wrote:
I actually didn't like the idea of using religious exemption for not vaccinating. Saying it is against my religion when honestly it's not makes for a chilul hashem. We should however be able to say no I don't want to vaccinate and still be able to go to school and get a job. It should be none of the government's business if I do or don't. But most people especially the provaxers like believing the government when they say that they are "worried about us" uh huh you believe that then I have a few valuable bridges to sell you one is made of real gold!

it's called a philosophical or personal belief exemption and while 15 states allow them, nys never did so anyone who wanted to not vaxx had to claim religious belief
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics