Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Doctor - I’m running out of compassion for the unvaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

faigie

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 12:13 pm
Maybe some of you have forgotten, but I haven’t, the pictures of the funeral homes filled with bodies lined up on the benches. Maybe some of you have forgotten the refrigerator trucks full of bodies, the overflow from the morgue, but I haven’t. I can’t speak for the dead, but I’m pretty sure that any one of those people would have lined up for the shot. I know I did. Take the dam* shot.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 12:20 pm
faigie wrote:
Maybe some of you have forgotten, but I haven’t, the pictures of the funeral homes filled with bodies lined up on the benches. Maybe some of you have forgotten the refrigerator trucks full of bodies, the overflow from the morgue, but I haven’t. I can’t speak for the dead, but I’m pretty sure that any one of those people would have lined up for the shot. I know I did. Take the dam* shot.

I haven't forgotten either, but these people as you say never had the chance for the vaccine. Maybe had they had that chance they would've gotten it. BEFORE they got COVID.

But had they recovered from COVID, would they still want the vaccine? Because I think that's a separate question.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 2:46 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Those are YOUR facts. I’m telling you that I have friends who work IN NYC (not just near, but IN) and they are being told vaccinate or don’t come to work. They are no longer being given the option to test weekly.
No one is twisting anything. I don’t have any agenda. I don’t think anyone is evil and controlling. I’m just stating facts.

Yes. Dh works in a non-medical position that involves no contact with patients or doctors in a NYC health care system and was forced to vax or not come to work. Despite having antibodies.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:14 pm
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
Yes. Dh works in a non-medical position that involves no contact with patients or doctors in a NYC health care system and was forced to vax or not come to work. Despite having antibodies.

I’m sorry he (and by extension you) was put in that position.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:00 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m sorry he (and by extension you) was put in that position.

Thank you.

bsy

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:02 pm
NYCDOE employees are being forced to vaccinate.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:50 pm
bsy wrote:

Let me fix that for you:

Medically vulnerable students and DOE employees are not being forced to be near people who are likely to endanger their health.

Edited because something weird showed up, dunno why.

amother
Milk

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:52 pm
faigie wrote:

That part of the pandemic was way over by the time the vaccine came to market. Treatment options were so good but the time the vaccine came that the bast majority of Jews in NYC had already resumed normal life . The death rate before the vaccine was minuscule.

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:24 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Let me fix that for you:

Medically vulnerable students and DOE employees are not being forced to be near people who are likely to endanger their health.

Yes they are.

Because Covid Vaccine does NOT STOP COVID FROM SPREADING!!!

Look how people keep misinforming that vaccines protect OTHER people, when it does NOT!

amother
Heather

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:34 pm
Heard the president called for employers to require vax ie force as terms of employment continued or otherwise.
Reminds me how Rahm Emanuel said recently "don't call it a mandate....call it a requirement...." word play. Anyway he is off to Japan as the newly appointed ambassador Mazel Tov Rahm!
Kunichi Wa!Kanshashai omedetou!

we like the vax
we do not like mandates
as Ben Carson said it is a very slippery slope and we still have constitutional rights in this United States of America

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:55 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Let me fix that for you:

No they’re not. Just like with everything else, medically vulnerable choose where they go. There are medically vulnerable who don’t go to school or work.
What changed between last week and this week? Why does full optical suddenly mean that there shouldn’t be weekly testing option? Last week it was ok and this week it’s not? Please explain to me again how this is about protecting the medically vulnerable….

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:59 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Let me fix that for you:

Doe staff is being forced to vaccinate.

If the student is comfortable going to school with their peers who are not vaccinated it should make no difference to them if the staff is vaccinated or not. Is covid that smart not to spread from one 15 year old student to another, but it will spread from a staff member to a student? Especially this super contagious delta variant which is worse for children?

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:59 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
No they’re not. Just like with everything else, medically vulnerable choose where they go. There are medically vulnerable who don’t go to school or work.
What changed between last week and this week? Why does full optical suddenly mean that there shouldn’t be weekly testing option? Last week it was ok and this week it’s not? Please explain to me again how this is about protecting the medically vulnerable….

So you have the choice not to vaccinate, but the medically vulnerable have no choice, they should just suck it up and stay home?

Why does my business not have the right to say I want to protect my coworkers and customers, unvaccinated not welcome. Why is only your freedom to choose important?

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:02 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you have the choice not to vaccinate, but the medically vulnerable have no choice, they should just suck it up and stay home?

Why does my business not have the right to say I want to protect my coworkers and customers, unvaccinated not welcome. Why is only your freedom to choose important?

Again. How does it help the medically vulnerable when majority of the people in the building, who are students, won't be vaccinated? And since this delta variant is so super catchy among children, they should be more nervous of the other students, who likely won't be keeping their masks on properly, than the staff who will.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:06 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Medically vulnerable have ALWAYS had to pick and choose what to be exposed/not exposed to. Covid shouldn’t change that. Your private business has the right to say that, I didn’t say otherwise. The DOE is effectively telling people vaccinate or you are out of a job. The doe is not a private business, and as such they are in a different category. Do you not remember when we were told “the city, state, federal government will not mandate vaccines, it will be up to private businesses.” Well, NYC is mandating vaccines.
Also, you didn’t answer my question about what changed between last week and this week. Last week weekly testing was ok, and no one was worried about the medically vulnerable being “forced to be in close contact” with unvaccinated, but now that a vaccine has full approval suddenly that’s not acceptable anymore?

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:10 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Medically vulnerable have ALWAYS had to pick and choose what to be exposed/not exposed to. Covid shouldn’t change that. Your private business has the right to say that, I didn’t say otherwise. The DOE is effectively telling people vaccinate or you are out of a job. The doe is not a private business, and as such they are in a different category. Do you not remember when we were told “the city, state, federal government will not mandate vaccines, it will be up to private businesses.” Well, NYC is mandating vaccines.
Also, you didn’t answer my question about what changed between last week and this week. Last week weekly testing was ok, and no one was worried about the medically vulnerable being “forced to be in close contact” with unvaccinated, but now that a vaccine has full approval suddenly that’s not acceptable anymore?

Agree with this. And in reality, weekly testing is probably better than the vaccine, since people who are vaccinated can still spread covid. With weekly testing, people would find out pretty early that they are contagious and can quarantine right away to prevent the spread. Without testing, the vaccinated can spread covid to all the students unknowingly. And the students can all bring it home to their families unknowingly. If you think that sounds safer or makes more sense...it clearly doesn't.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:17 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Let me fix that for you:

That's actually not true I work at a daycare in new York and every one even the infants need to be vaccinated. Even if they should not be getting it even if they're preemies even if they get sick every time they get their shots... too bad! The day a child turns 6 weeks they get their first shots and from there every 2 months ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES

amother
Leaf

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
That's actually not true I work at a daycare in new York and every one even the infants need to be vaccinated. Even if they should not be getting it even if they're preemies even if they get sick every time they get their shots... too bad! The day a child turns 6 weeks they get their first shots and from there every 2 months ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES

They are referring to the covid vaccine which children are not eligible for. Yet.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
They are referring to the covid vaccine which children are not eligible for. Yet.
try not to blink because that's how long it'll become mandatory for children.
Okay not the infants...... for that they'll take some more time to make mandatory... after give them 2 more months

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:32 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

How does vaccinating help the medically vulnerable

when VACCINATED CAN SPREAD COVID???

SOW, you keep ignoring this point!
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics