Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Doctor - I’m running out of compassion for the unvaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:30 am
Imagine the outcry if an anti-vaxxer would say:

"I have no compassion on those killed or injured by the vaccine. They were warned!"

There are risks to both vaccinating and not vaccinating.

Everybody has the right to weight their INDIVIDUAL risks/benefits and make their own decision
without being BULLIED. Or worse COERCED.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:41 am
CLEVELAND (WJW) — The Cleveland Clinic recently studied the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccination among people who caught the virus and those who haven’t.

The study finds that anyone who previously tested positive for a SARS-CoV-2 infection did not get additional benefits from the vaccine, which suggests the vaccines should be prioritized to people who haven’t gotten the infection.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:50 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Imagine the outcry if an anti-vaxxer would say:

"I have no compassion on those killed or injured by the vaccine. They were warned!"

There are risks to both vaccinating and not vaccinating.

Everybody has the right to weight their INDIVIDUAL risks/benefits and make their own decision
without being BULLIED. Or worse COERCED.

You don’t remember the other “losing compassion” thread? The one where imas were saying that they had less compassion for someone who didn’t vaccinate and then got sick?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:53 am
southernbubby wrote:
I am a believer in early treatment and Florida does have places that are treating with monoclonal antibodies as well as the FLCCC clinics. I think that time will tell if one choice is better than the other or if both come out the same but I don't think that the government should try to prohibit these clinics.
I think that the problem is procrastination and possibly lack of insurance or money together with magical thinking that the virus goes away on it's own, which can happen

That, and also a very strong PR campaign to dissuade people from even learning of the possibility.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:04 am
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
That, and also a very strong PR campaign to dissuade people from even learning of the possibility.

The monoclonal antibody clinics were reported on in the mainstream media. The ivermectin clinic in Hollywood Florida doesn't claim to be mainstream medical care. The FLCCC site is full of disclaimers.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:14 am
What would this dr say to a smoker who got lung cancer? Smoking is less understandable than denying a vaccine that’s around for less than a year…

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:30 am
I didn't read the whole thread but if doctors are stopping to have compassion for the unvaccinated (a choice people are allowed to make) they should also think about not having compassion for those we knowingly eat junk, don't exercise, smoke or are alcoholics. Seriously.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:34 am
southernbubby wrote:
The monoclonal antibody clinics were reported on in the mainstream media. The ivermectin clinic in Hollywood Florida doesn't claim to be mainstream medical care. The FLCCC site is full of disclaimers.

I didn't see the disclaimers, just lots of links to actual studies. Monoclonal antibodies is also under EUA with lots of unknowns, as are, of course, the vaccines.

Fwiw the early treatment protocols for my high risk relatives, neither one had the monoclonal antibodies. One had inhaled steroids, an antibiotic and daily aspirin, the other had those plus ivermectin.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:40 am
This is probably the same doctor who doesnt like ppl who give a bris

Amalia

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:01 am
octopus wrote:
We already had a gigantic thread about this exact article.

Can you post a link to it please?

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:05 am
Amalia wrote:
Can you post a link to it please?

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....40439

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:06 am
RN here. I treat all patients with compassion. I also have an awareness of the actions they chose, be it overeating, smoking, drinking, going unvaccinated, having large families, biking without a helmet, not wearing a seat belt etc. All the actions I listed (and more) impact patients' health. As a medical provider, I treat all patients equally and I actively work on being compassionate and non-judgmental, but that doesn't absolve the patient of responsibility that their choices impact their body and their health (and sometimes society)

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:10 am
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
RN here. I treat all patients with compassion. I also have an awareness of the actions they chose, be it overeating, smoking, drinking, going unvaccinated, having large families, biking without a helmet, not wearing a seat belt etc. All the actions I listed (and more) impact patients' health. As a medical provider, I treat all patients equally and I actively work on being compassionate and non-judgmental, but that doesn't absolve the patient of responsibility that their choices impact their body and their health (and sometimes society)

There are doctors and scientists who feel the vaccines dangers outweigh the benefits.

People are allowed to follow those doctors.

There are studies that the vaccine is of NO benefit to those who already had Covid
and have NATURAL IMMUNITY. It may be ossur to risk vaccination where there is no benefit.

octopus

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:12 am
To the RN, your post is a nice post. But I'm not sure how you can put someone not wearing a bike helmet in the same sentence as someone who has a lot of kids!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:16 am
I also work in healthcare. Specifically in the care of patients with spinal cord injuries. I’ve never lost my compassion even though many of these devastating lifelong disabilities could have been prevented. I think many of you are missing the point. One doesn’t feel less compassionate but it’s doubly painful as a provider to witness suffering that didn’t have to be.
Of course everything comes from Hashem and was meant to be. Including my pain in watching someone else suffer. Don’t be so quick to judge vocal healthcare providers. Please.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:20 am
amother [ NeonGreen ] wrote:
I didn't see the disclaimers, just lots of links to actual studies. Monoclonal antibodies is also under EUA with lots of unknowns, as are, of course, the vaccines.

Fwiw the early treatment protocols for my high risk relatives, neither one had the monoclonal antibodies. One had inhaled steroids, an antibiotic and daily aspirin, the other had those plus ivermectin.

The disclaimers were in regards to the practitioners themselves. It's up to the potential patients to find out if there is any disciplinary actions against the doctor. There are no disclaimers in regards to ivermectin.

shoshanim999

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:23 am
Maybe people don't trust our medical experts because everything is political. It was just last year that our current president and vice president were advising people not to trust an untested vaccine. The day after the election though, they said we should trust it. Hmmmm....

What's more, here's some guidance from the CDC's website with regard to how to prepare for the hurricane that is battering much of the east coast today:

Preparing for a Hurricane
Follow these important hurricane preparedness tips from CDC:

Prepare for a hurricane: Take basic steps now to ensure your safety should a storm hit.
Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as you can. COVID-19 vaccines help protect you from getting sick or severely ill with COVID-19 and may also help protect people around you.
Get emergency supplies: Stock your home and your car with supplies. Give yourself more time than usual to prepare your emergency food, water, and medicine supplies. Home delivery is the safest choice for buying disaster supplies; however, that may not be an option for everyone. If in-person shopping is your only choice, take steps to protect your and others’ health when running essential errands.
Make a plan: Create a family disaster plan.
Prepare to evacuate: Never ignore an evacuation order. Pay attention to local guidance about updated plans for evacuations and shelters, including shelters for your pets.
Protect older adults: Understand older adult health and medical concerns.
Protect your pets: Ensure your pet’s safety before, during, and after a hurricane.
When you check on neighbors and friends, be sure to follow social distancing recommendations (staying at least 6 feet from others) and other CDC recommendations to protect yourself and others.
CDC recommends that you print important documents (e.g., emergency phone numbers, insurance information) before a hurricane strikes. Power outages during and after a hurricane can prevent you from accessing information online when you most need it.

So as part of hurricane preparedness, the CDC recommends we get a covid vaccine. Do you see how some might lose a little trust in out supposed medical experts?

Here's a link for those interested.

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/featu......html

amother
Garnet

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:28 am
octopus wrote:
To the RN, your post is a nice post. But I'm not sure how you can put someone not wearing a bike helmet in the same sentence as someone who has a lot of kids!

(I am a mother of a large family BTW)

I put that in to make a point that we make lifestyle choices that we don't want to be judged on but we also must be aware that out choices often DO affect our health and society at large.

Having a large family takes a toll on the body and may cause certain medical issues - ie bladder/uterine prolapse, higher hemorrhage risk etc. Also, if we cannot financially support our large families, then government assistance kicks in.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 12:00 pm
Thank you #BestBubby. I don't often post as I feel like people refuse to hear anything negative about vaccines.
If you want to hear from inside Israel see this article. https://americanfaith.com/vaxx.....aviv/
“Most of the population is vaccinated,” said Dr. Haviv, and “85–90% of the hospitalizations are fully vaccinted people.”

southernbubby

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 12:04 pm
In some places, sure as the Florida panhandle, the local population is very distrustful of vaccines so churches have stepped up to the plate to gain the trust of the people. It's a really hard hit area.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics