Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Doctor - I’m running out of compassion for the unvaccinated
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

#BestBubby

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:38 am
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
I'm a nurse at a hospital near NYC. No employee is forced to vaccinate. It is a choice

Many hospitals are mandating Covid Vaccine.

Eventually all hospitals will. just like the flu vaccine.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:43 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Many hospitals are mandating Covid Vaccine.

Eventually all hospitals will. just like the flu vaccine.

You don't KNOW that all hospitals will. The fear mongering and dissemination of non evidence based information is getting old. You are entitled to your opinions, though a degree in education doesn't make you a medical professional, but that doesn't mean that you are accurate or correct. Will the long list of pseudo scientists you posted take over the medical care of the unvaccinated that fall seriously ill with covid, or will those poor, misguided patients seek treatment with the evil, vaxed, mainstream medical professionals?

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:43 am
I'm a nurse at a hospital near NYC. No employee is forced to vaccinate. It is a choice

Is there an option to not vaccinate and test weekly?

Last edited by Ema of 5 on Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

ora_43

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:52 am
#BestBubby wrote:
These treatments have a very high cure rate if you start them as soon as you suspect
you have Covid.
Once a person is very sick, these treatments usually don't work.

No they do not.

Literally, the people who invented these treatments do not say they have a high cure rate.

Dr Zelenko + others published a paper on use of HCQ. In a mostly low-risk group of men, with 50% ages 40-65, the hospitalization rate among those treated with the HCQ/zinc/whatever protocol was around 4%, death rate was around 0.7%.

Those aren't terrible numbers, but they aren't awesome, either. To the point where there's no statistical significance to the difference between that death rate, and the overall death rate among untreated men in that age group.

(To be fair, the study claims a difference - not a statistically significant once, but a difference - but that's based on a comparison to a specific group of patients who were not under the care of the researchers, and who for some reason had shockingly bad outcomes, including a 15% hospitalization rate)

I'm not saying those treatments are worthless, either. That remains to be tested. But their cure rate is not "high" by any reasonable measure, and again, that's coming from the people who support these treatments, not from me personally.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:53 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Is there an option to not vaccinate and rest weekly?

No.
Vax or don't vax. the end

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:09 am
#BestBubby wrote:
They have no choice.

Any health care worker who refuses to vax
is fired.

There is a thread "what vax if you are forced" by a nurse who does not want to vax but is
COERCED to vax or be fired.

That is not true.
It’s amazing how you know more than I do even though you are not there and I am. Nobody coerced anyone. We tripped over each other in our rush to get vaccinated, but nobody said peep. Until recently, vaccinated staff could take off masks in non-patient facing settings but non-vaccinated could not (but she did anyway and nobody said peep). Starting September 1(?-actually I don’t know because It doesn’t pertain to me) unvaccinated staff will have to have covid tests once or twice a week (once again, I didn’t pay attention to it as it doesn’t pertain to me)
Nobody is fired or forced at this time, yet we all voluntarily got vaccinated. But you are sooooo much smarter than all of us. So smart that if you G-D forbid got sick, would you self treat? Where would you go for medical treatment? Actually, you probably wouldn’t ever get sick as you are too smart.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:01 am
No.
Vax or don't vax. the end

Vaccinate or don’t come to work? Because that’s what some of my friends in NYC medical settings have been told. To me, that’s considered forced.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 12:57 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Vaccinate or don’t come to work? Because that’s what some of my friends in NYC medical settings have been told. To me, that’s considered forced.

Again. To clarify. I am an RN. I work at a large hospital near NYC. I have free choice to vax or not. I am not being coerced and my job is not being threatened. Those are the facts. Its funny to see people trying to twist facts to meet an agenda of painting a scary picture of an evil controlling establishment who in some sci-fi scenario want to forcefully inject the masses with poison.

amother
White

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:00 pm
Again. To clarify. I am an RN. I work at a large hospital near NYC. I have free choice to vax or not. I am not being coerced and my job is not being threatened. Those are the facts. Its funny to see people trying to twist facts to meet an agenda of painting a scary picture of an evil controlling establishment who in some sci-fi scenario want to forcefully inject the masses with poison.

I don’t have an agenda but I will tell you I have the opposite experience. I work in a hospital and it’s get vaccinated or get fired.

pause

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:32 pm

Do you work near NYC? Or IN NYC? Because where De Blasio is mayor is looking really bad. If you're in NYS but not in NYC, it'll be up to Hochul.

And of course many hospitals are mandating it regardless of political mandates. You seem to have lucked out at the place you work.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:50 pm
pause wrote:
Do you work near NYC? Or IN NYC? Because where De Blasio is mayor is looking really bad. If you're in NYS but not in NYC, it'll be up to Hochul.

And of course many hospitals are mandating it regardless of political mandates. You seem to have lucked out at the place you work.

sigh. I did say near NYC multiple times. Right in the boroughs.

While forced vaccines frighten me on some level, seeming undemocratic, I also see that homeowners, property owners and business owners should have the right to restrict entry to those that refuse to take current scientific standards, imperfect as they are, into consideration. Just as they cannot be forced to allow an artist to graffiti on their property, why should they be forced to admit someone who isn't using the most current evidence based practice to help prevent an illness that kills people and decimates businesses (think nursing homes, real estate, trade shows etc).

My son is an administrator in a nursing home near Philadelphia. He was vaxed early on. The facility went through hell during covid. I dont know what their policy is regarding vaxing employees but I would think they would be nuts to bring in.an employee who could potentially start the cycle again by bringing in illnesd

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:58 pm

Those are YOUR facts. I’m telling you that I have friends who work IN NYC (not just near, but IN) and they are being told vaccinate or don’t come to work. They are no longer being given the option to test weekly.
No one is twisting anything. I don’t have any agenda. I don’t think anyone is evil and controlling. I’m just stating facts.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 2:04 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Those are YOUR facts. I’m telling you that I have friends who work IN NYC (not just near, but IN) and they are being told vaccinate or don’t come to work. They are no longer being given the option to test weekly.
No one is twisting anything. I don’t have any agenda. I don’t think anyone is evil and controlling. I’m just stating facts.

yes. I have "heard" that some facilities, employers force their employees to vax and some don't.
My fact is that mine doesn't, That's the whole truth not repeated from friends with possible truth lost along the way.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 2:10 pm
yes. I have "heard" that some facilities, employers force their employees to vax and some don't.
My fact is that mine doesn't, That's the whole truth not repeated from friends with possible truth lost along the way.

Got it. So because it’s not YOUR truth, the truth possibly got lost when my friends said that they no longer had the option to test weekly, and it’s either vaccinate or don’t come to work. Talk about agenda and twisting….

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 2:23 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Got it. So because it’s not YOUR truth, the truth possibly got lost when my friends said that they no longer had the option to test weekly, and it’s either vaccinate or don’t come to work. Talk about agenda and twisting….

no agenda. just the strong conviction that truth be repeated and that when facts are repeated as hearsay, often truth is lost Ala broken telephone. That said, I have heard the mayor mandated vaccines for public school teachers and read NY policy regarding its hospitals. So I am fully aware that mandated vaccine policy exists. But let's be careful to avoid fear.mongering and repetition of half truths and hearsay

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 2:26 pm
no agenda. just the strong conviction that truth be repeated and that when facts are repeated as hearsay, often truth is lost Ala broken telephone. That said, I have heard the mayor mandated vaccines for public school teachers and read NY policy regarding its hospitals. So I am fully aware that mandated vaccine policy exists. But let's be careful to avoid fear.mongering and repetition of half truths and hearsay

But when I try to tell you that there is a truth other than yours, you try to shut it down as not being fact.
Again, this is not fear mongering. This is just stating a fact- there are hospitals and other healthcare facilities IN NYC which are landing that workers either vaccinate or don’t come to work. They are not being given the option to test, or to not vaccinate.

pause

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:02 pm
sigh. I did say near NYC multiple times. Right in the boroughs.

NYC includes five boroughs, so you're being confusing.

Saying you work near NYC implies outside of the five boroughs which are under the mayor's reign. I guess you meant to say you work near Manhattan but still in NYC.

Regardless, it is clear that your hospital is not following the mandates - which IMO is refreshing but don't expect it to last or assume that your experience is universal.

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:05 pm
pause wrote:
NYC includes five boroughs, so you're being confusing.

Saying you work near NYC implies outside of the five boroughs which are under the mayor's reign. I guess you meant to say you work near Manhattan but still in NYC.

Regardless, it is clear that your hospital is not following the mandates - which IMO is refreshing but don't expect it to last or assume that your experience is universal.

thank you for clarifying. yes I meant near Manhattan. I know other facilities are mandating. mine is not. I am vaccinated so it won't affect me regardless.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:09 pm

This is Europes vaccine deaths and injuries. I will pass on this Dr's. compassion, I don't need compassion I need common sense.

NotInNJMommy

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:

This is Europes vaccine deaths and injuries. I will pass on this Dr's. compassion, I don't need compassion I need common sense.

Do you know which vaccine(s) specifically is(are) reflected in those counts?
Page 5 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics