Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Water, water, everywhere!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:28 pm
Something is up with me and water. I don't know what it is.

My washing machine broke down. The spin cycle doesn't work, so it's full of muddy, smelly water.

My mini-bar water filter broke, so now it won't make really hot or really cold water, just room temp.

My air conditioner hose came loose, and it flooded my living room.

I just took a shower, and the drain backed up, flooding my bathroom. The bathroom sink is backed up, too.

I'm out of towels for sopping up spills. They're completely saturated - and I have no way of washing them! After my shower, I had to dry off with a dish towel.

What's going on? If any of you have mystic insight into the significance of this, I'd love to know. (I already checked my mezuzahs.)

crust

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:30 pm
Maybe you need to go have some fun in a water park?

Success10

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:31 pm
Who by water....

End of the year kapparah. You should be inscribed in the book of Life, FF!

enneamom

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:32 pm
Nerd אין מים אלא תורה Nerd

Go interpret the mystical significance of that What

Living Princess

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:34 pm
Ushavtem mayim besason!
Time to be happy!!

But really hope everything get sorted out quickly

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 3:37 pm
enneamom wrote:
Nerd אין מים אלא תורה Nerd

Go interpret the mystical significance of that What

That was my first thought, but I don't exactly feel like blessings are being rained down on me at the moment.

If this keeps up, I'm going to have to build an ark!

Elfrida

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:14 pm
Hang the towels outside to dry. They don't need to be perfectly clean to mop up spills.

As for the shower, I don't normally use a towel at this time of year. I pull on my night clothes and stand in front of the fan, and get both dry and cool within a few minutes.

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:47 pm
Living Princess wrote:
Ushavtem mayim besason!
Time to be happy!!

But really hope everything get sorted out quickly

This! Whenever something spills in my house this is what I sing

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:30 pm
My husband says to check the drive belt of the washing machine. It may have simply popped off the pulley and you may be able to fix it yourself.

A plunger might help the drains. I’ve also found baking soda and vinegar very effective for unclogging things.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 7:17 am
I got some heavy duty caustic cleaner for the drains. I did the whole apartment, just in case there is a blockage anywhere in the system.

I drained out the water in the washer, but oh my was it ever RANK! Puke I'm definitely going to have to run a few loads of special washing machine cleaner through once it gets fixed.

Yad Sarah is desperately trying to find a repairman in my area, but it's proving to be pretty difficult. I've been blasting Facebook too, but nobody's around.

B'H the air conditioner got fixed. I didn't know what I was going to do to contain the flood if it kept up. All the towels are hanging out to dry, but they are stinky. I'm going to bring them to a friend's house to wash while I'm babysitting the kids.

A guy came to fix the mini-bar, and I told him that it will turn itself off a half an hour after he leaves. He said it was fine, and that it was all fixed. Yeah, right. I've heard this before. I asked for the phone number of the company so that I can call them back when it turns off again. He said "You want MY number? Wink I'll give you MY number. You can call me at home."

Ach! What is it with me and repair men? I told him "No, I want the COMPANY'S phone number!"

Maybe this is why I never get invited over for Shabbos. I'm just too hot to be around other people's husbands. Batting Eyelashes

Just call me the heart-breaker of Beit Shemesh. Can't Believe It
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics