Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Place to stay in la
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 10:41 am
I am planning a small vacation with my husband for a few days in los angeles in the iranian area (I am Persian),and was looking for a place to stay that's reasonably priced with a pool preferred. It can be an airbnb, hotel or even stay by a private family (I am willing to pay) as long as there is kosher food nearby. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 11:06 am
What is the Persian area? Persian Jews live in various parts of LA including the city and valley

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 11:28 am
tichellady wrote:
What is the Persian area? Persian Jews live in various parts of LA including the city and valley

I think they live in the pico area and some in Beverly Hills. There is another thread about this subject I think from yesterday

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 11:29 am
tichellady wrote:
Encino,Tarzana,Reseda,Sherman Oaks,Woodland Hills,Fairfax,Labrea,Beverley Hills,Hancock Park. These are places I have been told about so far.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 11:31 am
I know of an Airbnb owned by a frum person (kosher kitchen!) with a hot tub, great location (Pico area, close to shuls and restaurants).

At least 6 twin beds, plus fold out couches.

https://www.instagram.com/kobevacationrental/
Yes, it has a massive mural of Kobe Bryant, I was there when they were painting it. It helps with social media presence. But there’s also a minyan in the backyard many days 😆

ETA you said this is for getaway with DH not a whole family but I’ll leave my post up in case it’s helpful to anyone

Last edited by bigsis144 on Wed, Aug 25 2021, 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 11:40 am
https://www.vrbo.com/1645844?n.....07239
^^
If this is where map says, it’s a great location. Right next to Shiloh’s steak house and many other restaurants, multiple shuls, etc.

This looks like another property in that area:
https://www.vrbo.com/1645746?n.....07141

amother
Cherry

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Encino,Tarzana,Reseda,Sherman Oaks,Woodland Hills,Fairfax,Labrea,Beverley Hills,Hancock Park. These are places I have been told about so far.

Thats basically all the frum areas.

tichellady

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I know I’m from la, my point is there isn’t a Persian area.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:12 pm
tichellady wrote:
I know I’m from la, my point is there isn’t a Persian area.
Thats ok. I meant a place that is within close proximity to a persian community,(even by drive) and I can attend a persian shul,persian restaurants etc.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thats ok. I meant a place that is within close proximity to a persian community,(even by drive) and I can attend a persian shul,persian restaurants etc.

You gotta go to Eilat Market on the corner of Pico and Wooster! (Though you have to check things for hechsherim there, it’s not an all-kosher store AFAIK. Glatt Mart on Pico and Bedford is all-kosher and has yummy Persian breads and pastries and spices etc. too, but not quite the same variety.)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:44 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
You gotta go to Eilat Market on the corner of Pico and Wooster! (Though you have to check things for hechsherim there, it’s not an all-kosher store AFAIK. Glatt Mart on Pico and Bedford is all-kosher and has yummy Persian breads and pastries and spices etc. too, but not quite the same variety.)
This sounds exciting!!! Do you now if any of the places to stay you posted are closeby to these ?

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This sounds exciting!!! Do you now if any of the places to stay you posted are closeby to these ?

Within 15-20 minutes of walking, maximum?

So much to see/eat in that one-mile or so radius

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:50 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
Within 15-20 minutes of walking, maximum?

So much to see/eat in that one-mile or so radius
Thanks so much! I will save these places. I am still searching for a place with a pool for I would prefer that, but if nothing found I will look into these.

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:51 pm

Etc

Last edited by bigsis144 on Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much! I will save these places. I am still searching for a place with a pool for I would prefer that, but if nothing found I will look into these.
Alternatively, if there are private pool rentals in l a. I think that would be great too.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 12:55 pm
bigsis144 wrote:

Etc

WOW thanks !!!

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:05 pm
https://swimply.com/search

Pool rental by the hour

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:19 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
https://swimply.com/search

Pool rental by the hour
Do you know the zipcode of the stays and attractions you posted,so I can see which pools are the closest ?

bigsis144

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you know the zipcode of the stays and attractions you posted,so I can see which pools are the closest ?

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 2:00 pm
FWIW Pico is generally thought of as the frum Persian neighborhood. Beverly Hills has a lot of Persians and parts of Pico are contiguous to Beverly Hills.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics