Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Which Bread machine should I get

mamaof2

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 2:56 pm
I wanna start baking challah. Which is better. Kitchen aid, Cuisinart or Hamilton Beach?? Ty in advance 🙏😊

challahchallah

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 3:20 pm
Are you looking for a bread machine or a stand mixer?

mamaof2

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 3:28 pm
Stand mixer

challahchallah

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 3:33 pm
mamaof2 wrote:
Stand mixer

I LOVE my Kitchenaid, but you have to be careful with what model you choose. They have a wide range of models from not very strong to industrial. For bread dough you want a powerful motor.

I have not had good luck with Hamilton beach’s having good motors. I think other people here may have had better experiences though.

I’ve never tried a Cuisinart stand mixer, though I used to have a food processor from them that worked well.

ETA: Another option that’s popular on this site is the Bosch.

mamaof2

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 3:40 pm
What is considered good motor? 300 wt?

challahchallah

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 3:48 pm
mamaof2 wrote:
What is considered good motor? 300 wt?

A 300 Watt motor is at the low end for mixers. You’d want to look for something close to 1000W if you can. I think the Bosch that people like is 800W. The best is if you can get a DC motor (these motors will have power rates in horsepower). They have more torque and more consistent speed at high load, which you need for kneading stiff bread. The model I have has 1.3HP.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 6:36 pm
to mix bread dough, you need either a magic mill or bread machine. a stand up mixer isn't strong enough and you can burn out the motor.

b.chadash

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 12:16 am
I like the Bosch because it fits a 5 lb bag of flour. It's more practical than the Kitchen aid.

I have a bread machine also but I dont make challa in it, only bread. It's too small, and you can't make a brocha.

challahchallah

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 12:21 am
chocolate moose wrote:
to mix bread dough, you need either a magic mill or bread machine. a stand up mixer isn't strong enough and you can burn out the motor.

Stand mixers come with all sorts of different motors. I make bread in mine all the time and it’s a real workhorse, but I specifically bought a high powered one for this purpose. Not all stand mixers are the little cute ones people think of.

amother
Amaryllis

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 12:22 am
b.chadash wrote:
I like the Bosch because it fits a 5 lb bag of flour. It's more practical than the Kitchen aid.

I have a bread machine also but I dont make challa in it, only bread. It's too small, and you can't make a brocha.

Do you use the Bosch for making cake batter too?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 1:33 am
My 20 year old Bosch is still awesome. Silver bowl for challah bowl, white bowl for regular cakes. Different whisks for each.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen